MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge / STS: Late 80s Manual/Catalog uploaded
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Serge / STS: Late 80s Manual/Catalog uploaded
modularland
http://modularland.com/docs/Serge-STS-80s-Catalog.pdf

While cleaning deep in the Modularland archives, I found this paper catalog / manual on heavy stock sent by Rex to me in the late 80s / early 90s.

I just scanned it and its downloadable (10MB) above.

Is this new? interesting? seen and scanned a million times already?
zthee
This is basically the same catalogue that SMMS provided in the early 80's.

http://www.vasulka.org/archive/Artists8/Terperin,Serge/Catalogue.pdf

Though your version has the highest resolution I've seen. So thanks! w00t
modularland
yep looks identical- and the other has prices- well at least I can contribute a higher rez version :-)

not as much fun as when i found 10 mint Music Easel manuals and sold them at $75 each
franzschuier
wow these prices are interesting... I should have gotten into serge as a teenager hihi
blw
I was charmed to find this Haight St era Serge ad in the margins of a scan of a 1981 issue of a Contemporary Keyboard and thought it would be fun to share. Looking for somewhere to tuck it, this thread at least seemed to have a nice related link. You know, since you would have received a catalog if you responded to the ad. cool As I did once upon a time in the 1990's, though the prices were still too rich for me then even if they seem like a bargain compared to current retail now.

rampy
blw wrote:

I want a t shirt with this image!! At least the top 2/3 of it.
Delepathy
modularland wrote:
http://modularland.com/docs/Serge-STS-80s-Catalog.pdf

While cleaning deep in the Modularland archives, I found this paper catalog / manual on heavy stock sent by Rex to me in the late 80s / early 90s.

I just scanned it and its downloadable (10MB) above.

I'm on Firefox, it says the file is corrupted and it won't load anything. Could you possibly try to scan it again modularland? I'd love to see the entire file. Cheers!
jo__dem
failed to load on chrome too..
sempervirent
The original link is from March 2011.......

Quote:
The domain name modularland.com is for sale!
rampy
Damn, I was hoping sempervirent was here to honor my t-shirt request hihi
MindMachine
This is the same one Serge sent me in about 1988.:

http://www.vasulka.org/archive/Artists8/Terperin,Serge/Catalogue.pdf

edit - I would still like the N Controller module w/ a tiny Casio. So many great artists were using those back then in the hey day.
metasonix
as I said on Facebook about Serge prices: at that time (1981) one could still buy a new car in the USA for around $4500. Less than the price of a four-panel assembled system ($5229). No wonder so many people built the kit versions.

While retail prices for most consumer goods have risen, electronics in general have tended to decline in the past 40 years. Four "expensive" panels from STS today will average about $7500-9500. That's really not much for hand-made American electronics. (What's the cheapest new car in the US right now? Neck and neck for the Chevy Spark and Nissan Versa....both about $15k.)

You could probably assemble a Euro system comparable to that STS system for about one half the price, and beat the hell out of 40 years of inflation.

No one has any right to complain about STS's current prices. Anyway it's a miracle STS panels are still available at all in new form.
Delepathy
sempervirent wrote:
The original link is from March 2011.......

I didn't check the original date of the post before replying, lol. Thanks sempervirent (:
fonik
metasonix wrote:
Four "expensive" panels from STS today will average about $7500-9500.

Interesting. Where do you got these prices from? These look more like prices for used panels via Reverb. Earlier this year I saw STS offering panels for about 3000-5000 each, I believe.
wavecircle
fonik wrote:
metasonix wrote:
Four "expensive" panels from STS today will average about $7500-9500.

Interesting. Where do you got these prices from? These look more like prices for used panels via Reverb. Earlier this year I saw STS offering panels for about 3000-5000 each, I believe.

Yeah, an expensive 4 panel sts system will run you close to 20k once all the fittings are included. Can get an RS or LW serge system for the lower price quoted.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1