MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I'm now offering a new starter case for MMM modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular  
Author I'm now offering a new starter case for MMM modules
mmm
A customer asked me to build something that will hold six modules that doesn't use a 13 GA steel mounting rail. So, I came up with a new starter case:

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2011/03/mattson-mini-modualr-new-start er-6-pack.html

I also had to find a new source for power supplies. The article explains it.

Of course, the modules are extra. 8_)

WELCOME BACK Muffwiggler!!! You were missed! It's motherfucking bacon yo

In honor of the forums' return, I'm cooking up a new sale. I also added gift certificates to my cart. I guess I got some administrative work done while Muffs was down seriously, i just don't get it

I'm also taking suggestions on what to bring to Chicago for Xarts shindig on April 2/3. Keep in mind that I have to carry everything. sad banana

Mattson Mini Modular
pugix
Great idea, George! applause

When these are stacked up, does the handle on the bottom one clear? Or does it need to be removed?
pugix
Got another question. If you put an Aux Power Control on one of the cabinets, can it control the daisy-chained power to the others?
JohnLRice
Great looking little case, George! applause we're not worthy

hmmm..... Your modules, for the most part, are perfectly square, right? Would it be possible to make a vertical version of that case? 8_)
mmm
pugix wrote:
Great idea, George! applause

When these are stacked up, does the handle on the bottom one clear? Or does it need to be removed?

Yes, They clear. There are some clear bumpers on the bottom of the cabinets.
mmm
pugix wrote:
Got another question. If you put an Aux Power Control on one of the cabinets, can it control the daisy-chained power to the others?

Since the power control and or MIDI power entry section grabs the cable from the input socket then, distributes it to the power distribution. The end chain of the power distribution goes to the DC expansion DIN socket, Yes, it would. 8_)

I also have a DC expansion cable I added to the cart to connect additional cabinets together. I made one for my customer with just the 6-pin DIN plug on one and and just open wires on the other end just so he could hook it up to whatever else he had if he desired to do so.

I was about to write you a note and see how you're doing Rockin' Banana!
mmm
JohnLRice wrote:

hmmm..... Your modules, for the most part, are perfectly square, right? Would it be possible to make a vertical version of that case? 8_)

Well, technically, they're square at 3.5" X 3.5". How perfectly square that is depends on how critically the measurements are taken..But, yes, they're square.

Certainly. I can make a vertical version. Have to figure out how to mount the mounting rails but, yes. If needed and, you have some way to keep it from falling over... very frustrating
analogsteve
This is a great idea George, and the case looks beautiful. Must resist the temptation to start another system in another format...
Bricks
wow very very nice!
JohnLRice
mmm wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

Well, technically, they're square at 3.5" X 3.5". How perfectly square that is depends on how critically the measurements are taken..But, yes, they're square.

Certainly. I can make a vertical version. Have to figure out how to mount the mounting rails but, yes. If needed and, you have some way to keep it from falling over... very frustrating
Piano hinge 5 to 8 of them together? hihi Then in use you'd have this sweet semi circle of linked tall skinny racks and for transport the two end ones could latch together so you'd have this semi protected tube 'o synths to carry around! lol

George reponds: "John, why are you wasting time thinking up this stuff when you have a MiniMoog to finish restoring. Ya know, the one I built the beautiful case for, hhhmm?!" The MSN Smack!
mmm
JohnLRice wrote:
mmm wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

Piano hinge 5 to 8 of them together? hihi Then in use you'd have this sweet semi circle of linked tall skinny racks and for transport the two end ones could latch together so you'd have this semi protected tube 'o synths to carry around! lol

George reponds: "John, why are you wasting time thinking up this stuff when you have a MiniMoog to finish restoring. Ya know, the one I built the beautiful case for, hhhmm?!" The MSN Smack!

LMAO!! That wasn't my response but, since you brought it up hmmm.....

I like that idea thumbs up 6 would give you the same module capacity as a Moog 55 and....it could double as an accordian lol
mmm
analogsteve wrote:
This is a great idea George, and the case looks beautiful. Must resist the temptation to start another system in another format...

Resistance is futile! hihi

Sorry, been doing a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy pun-fest in a FB group smile
Adam-V
That's a really nice case George.

Cheers,
Adam-V
mmm
It seems to be a popular item nanners
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular  
Page 1 of 1