MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Triple Video Multimode Filter 2Q 2015 Restock Orders
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Triple Video Multimode Filter 2Q 2015 Restock Orders

lizlarsen

Triple Video Multimode Filter, domestic postage paid, $450

Triple Video Multimode Filter, international postage paid, $465

Everyone responded well to the Video Waveform Generator run we are manufacturing right now, so as we continue to use up our internal stocks of thru-hole parts I want to get another run going for Triple Video Multimode Filter. These will be handbuilt locally by my tech and myself while Darkplace Manufacturing handles new module production and currently the Color TBC restock.

Video Waveform Generator production is going smoothly and will be finished on schedule, then we'll move into this module in late April.

Ordering is open until May 1st (or until I reach the cap of how many we can build in this batch.)
Units start shipping May 15th.
Everything fulfilled by June 1st.

trax

ordered! thanks Liz.

mr_coops

Suddenly modules at a lower price, if only I had more cash flow.. I will we're not worthy to the money gods to hope that I can afford one by the end of April.
good news thought all the same

nerdware

Thru-hole parts? I guess you mean sockets, switches and pots. The board itself appears to use SMT. Am I right?

Anyway, this is very good news. Thanks. thumbs up

thebrotherspus

i really want to pick up one of these! hopefully i can scrape some money together before the deadline. gotta sell some stuff!.... or buy with credit hihi

edit:...... okay, i just caved.... put one on the credit card.

Cat-A-Tonic

I am intrigued by this module.

I have a Differentiator and a Borg 2 among other filters.

I can see the convenience of video filter patching.
I'm sure having 3 channels is nice,
and I like the edge detection & emboss effects...

...but I'm having trouble justifying it in my system for some reason.

Does anyone have any killer examples of the LZX triple filter in use?

What makes this a must have for you?

nerdware

There are a number of excellent videos demonstrating this module, but I'll pick this one. I don't have any non-video modules in euro, unless you count power, so the Borg filter doesn't interest me at all.

barto

You are going to have limited results using an audio filter. The LZX filter will work well with higher frequency elements of yor video processing. Check out Johnny woods demo on YouTube

nerdware

lizlarsen

I'm so sorry for the lack of attention to this thread. For some reason Muff's wasn't e-mailing me notifications of replies, and I've neglected to check the forum.

Quote:
Thru-hole parts? I guess you mean sockets, switches and pots. The board itself appears to use SMT. Am I right?

Correct. Since our modules use the same jacks, pots, switches, knobs, etc, we have in the past bought these items in bulk. While new releases are being handled fully turnkey with Darkplace Manufacturing, we're trying to use up all the parts we still have in stock and are invested in.

Quote:
What makes this a must have for you?

Feedback is where filtering really shines. The TVMF allows you to modulate a filter cutoff with a video element of the feedback path itself! Differentiator is great, but TVMF allows a lot more control.

With video there are a few basic categories of processing: signal mixing/compositing, analogue time based processing (filtering), etc. The more different categories of processing your system is capable of, the more complexity you can generate in your images. Filtering (especially with feedback) is a great way to turn a simple figure into a more complex one.

Audio filters aren't going to get you video rate results or pass full resolution video in high pass modes. So any sort of edge detection or feedback ringing of shapes probably isn't possible in the same way.

It's a cool module. smile I use it a lot to generate textural elements after I have a basic shape patch going.

lizlarsen

We can still take a few more orders for this run. If you want one and can only make a partial payment now, that is fine, let me know!

cskonopka

lizlarsen wrote:
We can still take a few more orders for this run. If you want one and can only make a partial payment now, that is fine, let me know!

Why did you have to say this and exacerbate my road to recovery?!?!

... yeah I'm down for one if partial involved at the moment. Dead Banana

lizlarsen

Cool! E-mailed you.

timtam

Never maintain cash savings again Never maintain cash savings again ok i did it twisted

thebrotherspus

Hi,
I'm just curious how these filters are coming along. I'm really looking forward to getting mine : )
Thanks!

monads

lizlarsen wrote:

Is this still legit??? Both options that is!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1