MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Stillson Hammer patches....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Stillson Hammer patches....
rico loverde
I just got a Stillson Hammer, I haven't had much time with it but am enjoying it so far. Would love to know how others have been using it. Patches or video would be awesome, there doesn't seem to be too many videos besides thedeeplement ones.

So far I've just been running the gates out to a bunch of diff envelopes that are controlling vcas, also tried it on the mutes of the Mutagen which was pretty cool.
rico loverde
so no ideas guys? seriously, i just don't get it
Glitchmachines
I would enjoy hearing some patch ideas also. This module intrigues the hell out of me but I'm not finding it as intuitive as it seems.
Tubeampguy
rico loverde wrote:
so no ideas guys? seriously, i just don't get it

The LEAST used module in my rig. cry Dead Banana Dead Banana
Exuviae
Put it in Gate mode (press and hold the leftmost select button until the leds turn double) - then tap it again to choose random. Run as many of the various outs as you can into a polarizing mixer - regular mixers work, too, just no negative voltages. Take the mix out to a vco or filter or whatever you wanna hit with cv.

Put a constant 5v into the trigger input right under the trigger button. This will cause it to constantly cycle...becoming a sequencer basically. Adjust the tempo with the top-most knob.

Now, this can be externally clocked, too, by turning the topmost knob all the way down, turning the top most knobs atten all the way up and putting a clock or gate signal into the topmost input jack.

A few easy ways to get a constant 5v for the trigger input:

The Spock's NOT output runs constant 5v high unless a signal is introduced to the jack next to it.

Middle channels on the Maths will output a constant 5v if you turn the knob all the way positive and use it's respective output jack from the mix row.

If you mult your clock source to your EG/VCA - it will fire in perfect time with each voltage step.

For added fun, use cv to control the length and cycle amounts - both located right below that main tempo knob on top. Muck around in different modes - random, pendulum AND fwd.

Dude - it's a fuckin' sequencer!!! With lotsa blinkenlights!!!
johnnywoods
use it as an oscillator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaeNCC4A3q8

It's a burst generator... generate some bursts Rockin' Banana! It works great feeding LPG's for random bongo rolls, etc... I really like it for unsynced super fast trills. I'll set up a fairly regular sequence, and send a trigger to the SH every 32 beats of the clock for a little "fill".

in external clock mode you can use it as a very cool clock divider (especially when you start cv-ing output span, put it in random mode, etc...)

It definitely functions best in chaotic situations. If you're trying to make it shine in a 4 on the floor type situation, you're probably not going to like it very much.
johnnywoods
Exuviae wrote:

Put a constant 5v into the trigger input right under the trigger button. This will cause it to constantly cycle...becoming a sequencer basically. Adjust the tempo with the top-most knob.

I dont know if mine is unusual, but if I just run a cable into the trigger input with nothing on the other end, it constantly triggers. I discovered this by accident. Very cool feature, if it was intended! thumbs up
johnnywoods
Exuviae wrote:

I dont know if mine is unusual, but if I just run a cable into the trigger input with nothing on the other end, it constantly triggers. I discovered this by accident. Very cool feature, if it was intended! thumbs up
oversee
I checked mine. If I put a dummy plug into the trigger the Stillson hammers away on its own. I don't now if it is a feature or an accident, but in any case it's useful.
rico loverde
oversee wrote:
I checked mine. If I put a dummy plug into the trigger the Stillson hammers away on its own. I don't now if it is a feature or an accident, but in any case it's useful.

Mine does the same, When I have a trigger into the clock frequency input w the dummy plug it runs like a sequencer and syncs well to what the trigger is.
oversee
With the dummy plug in I've been using my Stillson as a clock with its own clock divider.

This has been a super useful revelation as my system is just starting out and I don't have a divider. Also, I was using channel one on my Maths as a clock, and I now get to free Maths up for other duties.

SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1