MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Post Pics of Your Video Synths!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 [all]
Author Post Pics of Your Video Synths!
MyFriendsAreFictional
Not sure if my setup really counts but here it is.

AVE5: Channel 1 - Macbook running Lumen and Arena (internal feedback with pre recorded clips) with 2 webcams for feedback, Channel 2 - 3 Input selector (1. Mixer feedback 2. B&W Videoscope 3. DVD or VHS player) Output 1 - Projector, Output 2 - CRT, Monitor output - used for feedback.
I only started working with video when Lumen was released, picked up the mixer a month or so later. I tend to work more with camera feedback than anything else.
Here is a link to some short examples of my work.
Any advice on a case to fit the AVE5, cables, and such? Also has anyone ran a Lumen output into a modular system? I would like to dive into modular sometime in the future but would still like to use Lumen with it.
Backroads
From a recent show

eth
MyFriendsAreFictional wrote:
Also has anyone ran a Lumen output into a modular system? I would like to dive into modular sometime in the future but would still like to use Lumen with it.

It looks like you're converting VGA to composite to get Lumen into your AVE5; if so, you can use an LZX Color Time Base Corrector module to get individual LZX R, G, B signals. Probably the most direct way to LZX-ify smile Or you could get a Composite to Component (CVBS -> YPbPr) converter and feed that into the Visual Cortex, if you decide to get a Visual Cortex.
MyFriendsAreFictional
Thank you!! smile
nerdware
The TBC will require a VC anyway. Also, a video sync cable - and the TBC is currently out of stock. So if you have no video modules already, just get the VC. Then post a pic of your new rig. w00t
moogboy

Any advice on a case to fit the AVE5, cables, and such? Also has anyone ran a Lumen output into a modular system? I would like to dive into modular sometime in the future but would still like to use Lumen with it.

Dude, is that a DADS sticker? like, the emo band Dads?
MyFriendsAreFictional
moogboy
Why yes, yes it is.

nerdware eth
Thank you for the advice, I shall post a picture once I procure a Visual Cortex. Not sure when that will be but I am hoping sometime in the near future.
moogboy
moogboy
Why yes, yes it is.

WILD! I've accidentally gotten close with some of the other 4th wave emo bands in the last couple of years, so Dads has been on my radar//in my orbit. Saw one of 'em do a solo set to like 6 people in a DIY venue in January last year or the year before. Emo and synths don't usually crossover, so it's kinda neat to see someone else into it.
Hans-g
Hi,

Being using analogue and modulars since 1994.

Since I am newbie to video, I have been always fascinated by late 70s, early 80s analogue video, as per example on those times JM Jarre videos.

Thanks
ObfuscatedVisuals
Okay this is my full rig video and audio.. the video rack is on the left. I have four video displays on top in the middle and a laptop that is the oscilloscope in the middle.

bentoncbainbridge

This was my attempt to make a carry-on 3-channel Video Synth. I'm off to Marfa, TX in a few hours... hope they are gentle with this in cargo!
Polykrom
This photo turned out surprisingly aesthetic, so I'll post it even thogh it doesn't really reveal much of what's going on …

LZX system in a mdr.modular 6Ux84HP travel case, HP1340A scope, PVM-9045QM screen, Pelco camera on a friction arm filming the scope for rescanning
tenshun
evanh41
[img][/img]
FetidEye
looking good!
is the Doepfer wave multiplier interesting for video?
evanh41
FetidEye wrote:
looking good!
is the Doepfer wave multiplier interesting for video?

Oh you bet, if you find me on instagram as cinema.av, I made a post highlighting its use within the analog modules currently in this case. It's actually a lot different than the cadet multiplier. More "phases" to shift around for unique bumps and curves...
evanh41
Got some new goodies...

Arcade Sinusoid
justscratch
awesome, how do you like the double vidiot setup?
Arcade Sinusoid
justscratch wrote:
awesome, how do you like the double vidiot setup?

So far I really like it. Its nice to have some extra oscillators,shapes, and lfos hangin’ around.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 [all]
Page 11 of 11