MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Post Pics of Your Video Synths!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author Post Pics of Your Video Synths!
Matos
Damn player! You big time now.
barto
killer! is that a TVFKG with missing knobs on the lower shelf, upper left?
Matos
That's a prototype on the tvfkg panel. I'm jealous.
lizlarsen
That's a prototype of the Triple Video Multimode Filter with just one channel populated (the layout is identical to TVFKG). Johnny's borrowing it for a few days, since he's visiting me in Texas next week on his way out to L.A. I can't wait to get that module out, it's so much fun!
johnnywoods
creatorlars wrote:
That's a prototype of the Triple Video Multimode Filter with just one channel populated (the layout is identical to TVFKG). Johnny's borrowing it for a few days, since he's visiting me in Texas next week on his way out to L.A. I can't wait to get that module out, it's so much fun!

it is indeed... i just made a whole video using that one channel, with just a VBM and some feedback + lumakeys from my V4... I'll have to post a clip later.
giorgio
glad to see the gorillabox showed up in time smile
nickciontea

lizlarsen
here's the new LZX home planet mothership... "The Castle"... trying to get it filled up for NAMM.

Matos
love love love love
I'm swooning! Such magic within.
lizlarsen
Here's a photo of a 9U LZX Visionary system I just finished preparing for Högskolan Dalarna, a university in Dalarna, Sweden. It is the first LZX Visionary system purchased by a university (to my knowledge), and will have a place in a new media lab they're preparing side by side with a 9U Doepfer system for audio synthesis.

giorgio
LARS!!!! URGENT NEWS!!! THE UNIVERSITY HAS RELOCATED TO A WAREHOUSE IN BROOKLYN!!! ALL UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATION IS DOWN SO I'LL HAVE TO SEND YOU THE NEW ADDRESS FOR SHIPPING!!!!
lizlarsen
NICE TRY SIR. Clap Clap Clap
giorgio
i can't complain, my first batch of LZX should be here by monday...

(goodbye minimoog hello vidsynth)
lizlarsen
awesome! w00t w00t w00t w00t
johnnywoods
giorgio wrote:
i can't complain, my first batch of LZX should be here by monday...

(goodbye minimoog hello vidsynth)

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
barto
what a beast of a system. what a lucky university!
lizlarsen
Quote:
what a beast of a system. what a lucky university!

it's a crazy powerful configuration! i had fun patching it up a couple times. unfortunately they had to spend their budget in one go and couldn't leave some open space for all the future module releases (although they've got 6HP extra on each row actually, since this configuration was originally designed for 84HP rows.)
barto
next years budget w00t
revmutt
Really nice system!! I'm guessing the PS has been replaced.

I have a Gemini in that purple with all my non Doepfer Euro (audio) stuff.

creatorlars wrote:
Here's a photo of a 9U LZX Visionary system I just finished preparing for Högskolan Dalarna, a university in Dalarna, Sweden. It is the first LZX Visionary system purchased by a university (to my knowledge), and will have a place in a new media lab they're preparing side by side with a 9U Doepfer system for audio synthesis.

numan7
The Chewbacca Defense here's my new 12u porta/gorillabox + video/chaos skiff:

...what i'll be bringing down to namm! SlayerBadger!w00tRockin' Banana!

cheers
MrDys
Is that SoS useful on video at all?
numan7
hmmm..... i haven't tried it yet - just got everything put together (at last - one has to fight for the the last 2 hp of every row with these cases Jedi)... i intended more for audio, and thought it might be more useful along those lines with MVIP (not to mention how cool! they look together). but the glitchy bursts of noise the SoS is capable of making should be interesting with either MVIP or Visionary, i'd imagine.

i'll post a video-doodle if anything interesting turns up with it...

cheers[/list]
xart
numan7 wrote:
The Chewbacca Defense here's my new 12u porta/gorillabox

the ULFO fits in the gorillbox no problem??? - or only on the end?

thanks! thumbs up
numan7
i'd estimate there's around 24 to 26hp on right-hand side of each row that is deep enough for modules like bubblesound ulfo (or jones mvip, livewire vulcan modulator, etc...) that have stacks of several pcb's mounted behind their panels.

you might be able to squeeze 2 ulfos in one row, if that's what you had in mind, by removing 2 of the screws that hold the power-distribution pcb to the case; but i very much wouldn't recommend doing that! FUUUCCKKKK!!!

you can even get some of the old-school, vertically-mounted-pcb modules, like 4ms scm, elby cgs slope detector or planb m28, to fit in there pretty nicely, btw. thumbs up

cheers
daverj
That's quite a system you have there!

I like the idea of the skiff being on an angle like that. Seems much more user friendly for a big system on a table. If I ever build a case, I may have to "borrow" that idea.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 3 of 11