MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Post Pics of Your Video Synths!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Post Pics of Your Video Synths!
johnnywoods
Well, every other sub-forums got one!
Here's two blurry camera phone pics of my new LZX in it's temporary home. A more proper studio setup to follow!
johnnywoods
johnnywoods wrote:
Well, every other sub-forums got one!
Here's two blurry camera phone pics of my new LZX in it's temporary home. A more proper studio setup to follow!
Attachments:

Oops... Sorry, doing this from my phone... Here's the studio pic:
sandyb
stickied smile

that's looking good johnnywoods.
what lzx modules did you get?
johnnywoods
sandyb wrote:
stickied

that's looking good johnnywoods.
what lzx modules did you get?

All of them!

A VSG + CVE, 4 VWGs, 2 TVFs, 2 VBMs, and 2 Voltage Interfaces.
I then stripped my audio modular of all it's juiciest control modules.
Low-Gain
Best of both worlds. I hope to start picking up some of their modules this year. So awesome!
lizlarsen
I can't wait to see what comes out of Johnny's system, those are some talented hands!!!

Here was my live setup for a gallery performance I did. There were several audio performers, and one mixer/conductor who sent me 2 dedicated Aux Bus outputs of his mixer to the Visionary. So he had control over which audio signals he was sending to the video, and to the speakers, at the same time. My job was to interpret what he was sending me visually. Oftentimes there were some wonderful moments where visual content would foreshadow audio content and vice versa. The laptop is being used as a preview monitor and to capture the video stream for later editing/viewing.

Modules are basic 8-module system, and Doepfer A-143-1 as extra modulation source.

daverj
This is a panorama I took at the Experimental TV Center a couple of years ago

And closer looks at the pieces:

The Apples and the Sandin IP

The other computers, tape decks, preview monitors, TBCs, and the yellow box on the right is my 8 channel sequencer and dual keyers

The main console: too much stuff to mention. Lots of my synth machines plus some commercial machines

The Paik/Abe colorizer and a shot of the rest of the studio space

lizlarsen
Beautiful photos of the center Dave!! I still can't believe I missed my chance to get in there.

Quote:
The main console: too much stuff to mention. Lots of my synth machines plus some commercial machines

Humor us! Point out some of yours and/or any of the weirder ones?

Quote:
8 channel sequencer and dual keyers

This was for sequential switching thru a set of camera inputs, is that right?
authorless
I would really like to start a video modular. I think it would be fun to do audio and visuals out of a single case. But I really don't know enough about the video stuff to justify the cost...
lizlarsen
authorless - yes, it can be scary expensive for the curious (same as audio modulars). but it really comes down to how you want to approach it. there are some minimal configurations of my modules or jones' MVIP that can be very effective, especially if combined with things like the right camera or display setup. a lot of your audio modules can be used to process video signals as well, if you have the core functional elements for video in place.

as for learning about it, i'm working on some "primer articles" kind of thing that explains everything a little more colloquially and in the context of actual patches, as far as how the LZX stuff works. if you have any specific questions then please ask here, too!

what sort of techniques/looks are you most interested in?
daverj
creatorlars wrote:

Quote:
8 channel sequencer and dual keyers

This was for sequential switching thru a set of camera inputs, is that right?

It's far more complex than that, though it will also do that. It can sequence at pixel rates, so can chop the image up into all sorts of shapes and insert pieces of images into the shapes. It's closer to the look of an 8 level keyer, except instead of shades of gray defining the areas on the screen where the images go, the areas are defined by overlapping oscillators.

Here's a couple of still frames of a video I did a couple of years ago: It doesn't show the full power, but gives you an idea.

lizlarsen
That looks like loads of fun, nice! Those stills look great. I assume it has integrated horizontal and vertical-sync'ed pulse oscillators with variable frequency, or something to that effect? A sequential switch/multiplexer type circuit is on my prototyping to-do-list and I'm looking forward to doing some experiments like this. I'm sure all sorts of fun with some boolean logic and various flip-flop circuits too.
dude
you guys are fucking wizards.
daverj
creatorlars wrote:

Quote:

Humor us! Point out some of yours and/or any of the weirder ones?

The "Jones Buffer" frame buffer from the early 80s

A six channel version of the "Jones Colorizer", this one is from the mid 80s. It's an updated version of the one I did in the early 70s. This one uses variable soft/hard edge keyers on the channels, while the original had only hard edge keyers.

My 8 channel video sequencer/switcher and a pair of my keyers

This is a mixture of stuff from the 70s and early 80s. On the left is one of my "Output Amps". It turns any CV, audio, video, or noise into recordable video signals. It's the main output of the system. There's a couple of attenuators, and ramp generators, and in the center is a 4 channel video sequencer/switcher. The jacks marked X and Y are CV to video converters.

This is a bank of 8 of my video rate oscillators from the 80s, plus a couple of sample & holds, and some multiples.

This is a mixture of some CV stuff plus a pair of video keyers and four video VCAs. It was originally built by Richard Brewster when he worked for us in the 70s. It was based on keyers and VCAs that I had designed a year or two earlier. I wasn't happy with some artifacts they had, so I modified these in the early 80s, changing their design a bit.

This is a pair of boxes filled with CV and audio modules built by Richard Brewster in the 70s. It was largely based on Serge modules of the 70s, but modified to work at frequencies useful for video, and with various other video features (such as horizontal and vertical sync). These are nicknamed "The Yellow Boxes"

This is the video switching matrix used to patch all of the video modules to each other. It is a slide switch matrix with 48 inputs and 58 outputs. It's the same type of Cherry switch matrix used in many Arp synths in the 70s, except this is quite a bit larger. Control voltages are patched around the system on mini cables, but all the video goes through this.

daverj
creatorlars wrote:
That looks like loads of fun, nice! Those stills look great. I assume it has integrated horizontal and vertical-sync'ed pulse oscillators with variable frequency, or something to that effect?

Nope. See the oscillator bank above. Those go from LFO to many times horizontal rate, locked to H, V, or free running. So they can be patched into the sequencer/switcher, or anything else in the system. There are also lots of vertical rate ramps and triangles in the yellow boxes, plus a couple more H & V rate oscillators.

All the clock, sync, and switching inputs of the sequencer have comparators, so can take any waveshape to control them.
lizlarsen
Thanks for breaking it down Dave! Making me feel better about missing out on ETC (well a little bit, I can't patch any of it up!) I do little but think about all this stuff most days so its a treat to see those pics/explanations.

On the sequencer, yeah that makes sense after I see the other gear! I was just wondering if there were some integrated clock sources. We are using comparators on all our logic inputs too, I love sync'ing VCOs with external video! Reminds me of this circuit:
http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs28_seq_switch.html

An interesting variant on a multiplexer circuit would be an 8 output version with the 8 inputs "rotating" thru the outputs. Then you could get access to the "last output" and patch two sources into crossfader, with a clock-triggered envelope controlling it and get a soft fade control between inputs as they were switched. Or something like that. hmmm.....

Sorry, not the patch notes thread! hyper hyper
SynthPunk
okay ill play. heres mine- video modular on the right on top of the rhodes with a varied mishmash of encoders and SPGs etc. audio modular (used for prototyping the video modular) is on the left. the video modular now has more modules in it, this was taken about 6 months ago.. excuse massive untidyness....
rich

[/img]
lizlarsen
That's what I like to see! Television on top of the Rhodes!!! w00t
flozki
hello
here a picture of my portable synkie system.
still quite in change but so far
3 input modules .synk slitter(to remove synk from video signal) we call the video without synk info the SIFF signal
vca mdoules
line generator modules (pulse delays)
comparator module
mixer 6 channel vca controlled
experimental module
4x lfo module
resyncer= output module
rgb to composite resyncer module

and a detail of the 6 channel video mixer:

the main system which is way bigger with many more modules you can see in action in geneva at the electron festival.
electron festival

cheers
f.
snufkin
YES love your site flozki!
lizlarsen
Fantastic photos, thanks so much for sharing!!
And welcome to the forum! We hope you stick around. applause applause
I'd love to see some videos of your system in action.
daverj
Looks like a fun system
numan7
I'm still in the process of deciding where the video modules should be situated within my modular system...

I had been placing all of my LZX Visionary modules in a 6U MW case with some audio processors, except for the voltage interface 1 which i have in a din-powered skiff. So up to now, a picture of my video modular synth would be pretty much identical to a picture of my eurorack modular synth, due to being one and the same instrument...

But lately I've been inclined to put my LZX modules in dedicated 104hp barrel-pwrd skiff to the LZX modules... but: 1 VSG + 1 CVE + 1 TVF/KG + 1 VBM + 3 VWGs = 102 hp, which is 2hp more than the skiff can fit... so we'll see...
numan7
well fwiw, here's how it currently looks...

cheers,
n7
lizlarsen
Looks like a starship bridge!
numan7
ok - i finished moving things around (late last night...); here how it came out:

videos tonight...

cheers,
n7
snufkin
oh my! i want to softly caress your knobs MY ASS IS BLEEDING
lizlarsen
Looking good!!
flozki
well. here we are again. this time a little bigger.hehe
hope to catch some footage these days...

lizlarsen
Very nice!! I love the vintage console.
andrewF
the lab coats are perfect thumbs up
daverj
Looks like a room full of fun. I love the console.
snufkin
soooo cool
flozki
and here some footage.
synkie vimeo channel
more up soon.
we taped the whole evening..need some time to extract some more sequences....
have fun.
f.
gde
daverj
That's wonderful looking! It's like a cartoon.
zapp550
My modest setup.
jimmyambulance
gde wrote:

what is this?! it looks amazing! don't know what it is and i want one!
lizlarsen
That's gde's diy video synth/color encoder, there's some more to read about it here, I don't know if there is a web presence yet?
http://videocircuits.blogspot.com/2010/01/gdeip-diy-video-synth.html
fletch
My final project from school:
I programmed an Altera DE2 board to output VGA video patterns in response to an audio signal. Added passive RGB patchbay. The arduino just acts as adjustable external clock to control the rate of the visuals. For the case i gutted a dead cisco rackmount router and mounted the stuff inside, made the top cover hinged.

lizlarsen
Very cool!! Post some videos of it when you get the chance.
barto
lizlarsen
quite a shrine!! that looks gorgeous!
gde
UMBRA77
nice!
barto

hihi
bitSmasher
fuzzy output?
johnnywoods
new case, ready for the trip to LA:

mmelnick
Man that looks great! What kind of case is that? What ps is in it?
johnnywoods
mmelnick wrote:
Man that looks great! What kind of case is that? What ps is in it?

gorillabox case... 4 tiptop powered boards w00t
Matos
Damn player! You big time now.
barto
killer! is that a TVFKG with missing knobs on the lower shelf, upper left?
Matos
That's a prototype on the tvfkg panel. I'm jealous.
lizlarsen
That's a prototype of the Triple Video Multimode Filter with just one channel populated (the layout is identical to TVFKG). Johnny's borrowing it for a few days, since he's visiting me in Texas next week on his way out to L.A. I can't wait to get that module out, it's so much fun!
johnnywoods
creatorlars wrote:
That's a prototype of the Triple Video Multimode Filter with just one channel populated (the layout is identical to TVFKG). Johnny's borrowing it for a few days, since he's visiting me in Texas next week on his way out to L.A. I can't wait to get that module out, it's so much fun!

it is indeed... i just made a whole video using that one channel, with just a VBM and some feedback + lumakeys from my V4... I'll have to post a clip later.
giorgio
glad to see the gorillabox showed up in time smile
nickciontea

lizlarsen
here's the new LZX home planet mothership... "The Castle"... trying to get it filled up for NAMM.

Matos
love love love love
I'm swooning! Such magic within.
lizlarsen
Here's a photo of a 9U LZX Visionary system I just finished preparing for Högskolan Dalarna, a university in Dalarna, Sweden. It is the first LZX Visionary system purchased by a university (to my knowledge), and will have a place in a new media lab they're preparing side by side with a 9U Doepfer system for audio synthesis.

giorgio
LARS!!!! URGENT NEWS!!! THE UNIVERSITY HAS RELOCATED TO A WAREHOUSE IN BROOKLYN!!! ALL UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATION IS DOWN SO I'LL HAVE TO SEND YOU THE NEW ADDRESS FOR SHIPPING!!!!
lizlarsen
NICE TRY SIR. Clap Clap Clap
giorgio
i can't complain, my first batch of LZX should be here by monday...

(goodbye minimoog hello vidsynth)
lizlarsen
awesome! w00t w00t w00t w00t
johnnywoods
giorgio wrote:
i can't complain, my first batch of LZX should be here by monday...

(goodbye minimoog hello vidsynth)

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
barto
what a beast of a system. what a lucky university!
lizlarsen
Quote:
what a beast of a system. what a lucky university!

it's a crazy powerful configuration! i had fun patching it up a couple times. unfortunately they had to spend their budget in one go and couldn't leave some open space for all the future module releases (although they've got 6HP extra on each row actually, since this configuration was originally designed for 84HP rows.)
barto
next years budget w00t
revmutt
Really nice system!! I'm guessing the PS has been replaced.

I have a Gemini in that purple with all my non Doepfer Euro (audio) stuff.

creatorlars wrote:
Here's a photo of a 9U LZX Visionary system I just finished preparing for Högskolan Dalarna, a university in Dalarna, Sweden. It is the first LZX Visionary system purchased by a university (to my knowledge), and will have a place in a new media lab they're preparing side by side with a 9U Doepfer system for audio synthesis.

numan7
The Chewbacca Defense here's my new 12u porta/gorillabox + video/chaos skiff:

...what i'll be bringing down to namm! SlayerBadger!w00tRockin' Banana!

cheers
MrDys
Is that SoS useful on video at all?
numan7
hmmm..... i haven't tried it yet - just got everything put together (at last - one has to fight for the the last 2 hp of every row with these cases Jedi)... i intended more for audio, and thought it might be more useful along those lines with MVIP (not to mention how cool! they look together). but the glitchy bursts of noise the SoS is capable of making should be interesting with either MVIP or Visionary, i'd imagine.

i'll post a video-doodle if anything interesting turns up with it...

cheers[/list]
xart
numan7 wrote:
The Chewbacca Defense here's my new 12u porta/gorillabox

the ULFO fits in the gorillbox no problem??? - or only on the end?

thanks! thumbs up
numan7
i'd estimate there's around 24 to 26hp on right-hand side of each row that is deep enough for modules like bubblesound ulfo (or jones mvip, livewire vulcan modulator, etc...) that have stacks of several pcb's mounted behind their panels.

you might be able to squeeze 2 ulfos in one row, if that's what you had in mind, by removing 2 of the screws that hold the power-distribution pcb to the case; but i very much wouldn't recommend doing that! FUUUCCKKKK!!!

you can even get some of the old-school, vertically-mounted-pcb modules, like 4ms scm, elby cgs slope detector or planb m28, to fit in there pretty nicely, btw. thumbs up

cheers
daverj
That's quite a system you have there!

I like the idea of the skiff being on an angle like that. Seems much more user friendly for a big system on a table. If I ever build a case, I may have to "borrow" that idea.
numan7
why thanks, daverj! we're not worthy

and please go ahead and borrow the angled-skiff idea (i just have it leaning against the case in the pix above, although i do intend to make some sort of hinged-plate thing that attaches to the skiff and the case at some point)...

cheers
xart
numan7 wrote:
i'd estimate there's around 24 to 26hp on right-hand side of each row that is deep enough for modules like bubblesound ulfo (or jones mvip, livewire vulcan modulator, etc...) that have stacks of several pcb's mounted behind their panels.

you might be able to squeeze 2 ulfos in one row, if that's what you had in mind, by removing 2 of the screws that hold the power-distribution pcb to the case; but i very much wouldn't recommend doing that! FUUUCCKKKK!!!

you can even get some of the old-school, vertically-mounted-pcb modules, like 4ms scm, elby cgs slope detector or planb m28, to fit in there pretty nicely, btw. thumbs up

cheers

Thanks for the info ! I have been very "sheepish" with purchasing modulators for the gorillbox from mfgers who dont quote the depth...this helps...I LOVE the gorillabox case....it just works and you dont have to stress about power....best purchase in a long time and well worth the extra .
numan7
daverj wrote:
That's quite a system you have there!

I like the idea of the skiff being on an angle like that. Seems much more user friendly for a big system on a table. If I ever build a case, I may have to "borrow" that idea.

here's the "hinged attachment" i was writing about earlier:

it is an e-wave ribbon that i drilled some holes through and mounted hinges between it and the back of my "chaos" skiff that i recently stained blue...

all 36U pictured sits on a portable stage-table i made from a 6'X1.5' keyboard case that has fuzzy covering material and a quik-lok t-stand. each of the 4 skiffs can be worn like a guitar or placed at an angle somewhere on the table. i can set it up or take it down the whole mess in less than 15 minutes. and it all works great! w00t

cheers
daverj
A lot of Euro concentrated in a small space!
bitSmasher
Dragged about half of my stuff out to a breakcore thing the other night. It's been in storage for months so fun was had relearning and tweaking the setup...

HSS3i / Bitvision / C&G Cellular Automata / C&G Videoscope
Relying a lot on layering and effects right now, really need to get a permanent studio space to make full use of the gear.
barto
3 video mixers eek!
giorgio
are you running PAL and NTSC in the same rig bitSmasher?
nickciontea
barto wrote:
3 video mixers eek!

awesome
revmutt
bitSmasher wrote:
really need to get a permanent studio space to make full use of the gear.

I'm having the typical space issue that anyone living in New York City has but with the added issue of trying to add my video and light projection stuff into my already overrun audio space.

It's tough to balance the loose stuffs and the racks and not do things that will destroy one's back or knees like having stuff on the floor.
bitSmasher
Yeah it's a mess, though I managed to set up in less than half hour and not have to troubleshoot anything... all that packed in to a suitcase that weighed 40kg

The BitVision and Critter&Guitari stuff is NTSC, so they run through the NTSC Videonics mixer in to a Sony DSC1024 which converts to PAL and also has zoom/center to address underscan.
VBlank, HSS3i and Cameras (which didn't work on the night) go straight to Edirol V8.
I was running an Extron MAV+ 12/8 matrix switcher which was the brains of the operation, but it died... everything ran in/out of it which allowed for nifty routing, so now to choose what goes through the KPE I take 4 of the Preview outs from the V8 through the PAL Videonics mixer, which goes through KPE back in to another channel on the V8. Wish video mixers had an effects send or loop.
As soon as I can afford it I'll buy another matrix switcher, they're so damn good for tying together heaps of gear. Mind you, I don't intend on taking out this much hardware for a while - the more I do it, the more I dream of getting an iPad/laptop based setup for live use meh

Once I get a new space I can unpack and set up the other three video mixers Mr. Green
deAnimator

^ this is not a circuit-bent c64 btw... swapped out the board with home-made stuff.

it's got a version of this inside:

this is my 1st synth:

it does audio-visualization and keying. also has inserts for looping r, g, & b through audio gear.
lizlarsen
Welcome to the forum deAnimator!!! I've been familiar with the webpage for your VS001 synth for a few years now -- it was one of the only DIY projects anyone had attempted I could find online in recent years. Glad to see you here.
deAnimator
creatorlars wrote:
Welcome to the forum deAnimator!!! I've been familiar with the webpage for your VS001 synth for a few years now -- it was one of the only DIY projects anyone had attempted I could find online in recent years. Glad to see you here.

hey, thanks : )
nice to be here.
it's inspiring to see so much neat stuff going on here.
bitSmasher
I love that synth applause just wish I had the brains and/or time to build similar myself
johnnywoods
here is my video synth at Coachella with Neon Indian. I should have panned over slightly to the right to show the modded Atari Video Music which was next to the synth...

[/img]
Arturo00
johnnywoods wrote:
here is my video synth at Coachella with Neon Indian. I should have panned over slightly to the right to show the modded Atari Video Music which was next to the synth...

[/img]

Gah. This is so awesome!
bitSmasher
Watched some of the Neon Indian set at Coachella... very windy! Shame you're only on the side screens as it's an impressive element of their live show.
Next year will you have an analogue synthesis "hologram" appear on stage? razz
wcfields
Scrolling through my phone's photos I found the setup from the Time Based Art festival (TBA:11) from Sept '11.

tachyons+
finished modifying a Archer video processor.
thought eye would do a 6 switches for this one
and expand on it more for another in the future.

barto

the latest layout
revmutt
barto wrote:

the latest layout

Stupid OT question but what are the make of the cables you're using and where did you get them? I have a matching pile of yellow, red and blue that I got years ago with some gear and i've been trying to match them ever since.
daverj
Not sure where he got his, but I've been buying red, yellow, green, and blue cables from Adinfinitum. They're great:

http://www.adinfinitummusic.com/PC35mm.html
barto
yeah most are from the link that dave posted. theres some doepfer and theres some tip top stackables in there too
revmutt
Hmm.. I had at some point checked and they didn't have matching lengths to what I have. Thanks gentlemen
giorgio
getting ready for a gig doing visuals for a film shoot on friday, gonna be bringin this LZX skiff, which is a temporary home since this is the only case I have right now:
(gotta assemble the IP diff module and screw it all in of course)

and then this LED rig I made:

as well as my modified panasonic mx-10, sima sfx-m, v4, videonics eq, & 2 vidicraft vidmates.
It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!

gonna do the whole thing in green only at the request of the filmmakers. programming several different patterns with the LED rig all in green with different animations,
and then gonna do some shape synthesis as well as colorization with the LZX again all green.
I'll probably "cheat" a bit and run some LZX footage I've already recorded back through the synth and mixers to make it green as well.

next step is to get CV control of the LEDs so that I can sync them up to the LZX
revmutt
I wanna know about the led fixtures. Do you have a page somewhere talking about em?
lizlarsen
Looks awesome!!
giorgio
no page yet, nothing really, I just put that rig together a week ago. I made another LED rig last month and learned a lot from that, as well as got a few bucks for it so I took the money and made one for me smile which is what you see in the pic. whole thing runs off an arduino. I have hardware and code for midi control, but this one doesn't have it. last one did. I'm putting a video up now, I'll post it somewhere around here, dunno where it fits razz
bitSmasher
oh nice, definitely interested in "cross platform" work or whatever called... could get some very interesting effects by videoing the LEDs which are being controlled by the same source that's manipulating the video.
jjr
https://vimeo.com/43160332

[video]https://vimeo.com/43160332[/video]
jjr
giorgio
mine in action at a gig. I can't post any more pics from this right now but lets just say the room looked awesome and vidsynth was only a tiny part of it

also working on a video channel and blog about my LED/vidsynth/laser/etc art and all that. gotta get a bunch of videos processed and uploaded first...
spaceship

Here's my mixed modular setup. Currently looking for something to monitor video with, since my broadcast monitor isn't working so hot. I might just spring for a Matrox Mini and use that to monitor through my pc/mac

giorgio
all that and you don't have a TV or something?? so sad

(looks like we have very similar LZX rigs)
spaceship
giorgio wrote:
all that and you don't have a TV or something?? so sad

(looks like we have very similar LZX rigs)

I've been using the broadcast monitor, but it only works intermittently. Not ideal.
spaceship

Picked up a Matrox MX02 Mini Max. Monitoring issues are solved!
Cat-A-Tonic
Video suitcase.

zapp550
Do you find the VD-01 useful with the LZX stuff?
Cat-A-Tonic
zapp550 wrote:
Do you find the VD-01 useful with the LZX stuff?

I'm just getting started, so we'll see how it pans out.

I forgot to mention the MFB VD-01 in that video I posted.
I used VD-01 as the source for the SyncGen,
and extracted Luma from a Blacet LFO (triangle).
I sent that to A input of the TVF&KG,
sent a VFG to the B input.
CV'd the fade with a Cwejman VCO-6 (sine) scaled by voltage interface I.
It is the red channel of this video.

nickciontea
nice rig Cat! thats an awesome starter rig!. you could go on forever with that
nickciontea
jjr
this is my current euro rig -
Alien Alien Clap t3h 8@nz3r@t3d oops Cwejman! Hug Blacet (hides)

spaceship
Dr Octature! Nice. Does that module work well with video?
jjr
rhythmic processes all from a single module. You can get a lot of things all moving in a kind of synchronistic fashion. There are other cheaper modules out there that could also be used for this but the Dr. Octature is also a pretty sick filter. The a-143-9 voltage controlled quadrature lfo is only like 100 bucks. I think lars likes to use it - or I thought he said that.
nickciontea

Black Sabbath's video rig
daverj
That looks like fun. I wonder what the four giant knobs/sliders are on the right desk panel?
nickciontea
nickciontea wrote:

Sadly they weren't around to really "show" me. But mostly just mixing and going through the large amount of cameras on stage
daverj
Ahha. Well, then maybe those 4 big knobs are pan/tilt/zoom controls for remote control cameras. 3 axis joysticks that pan/tilt by moving forward/back/left/right, and zoom by rotating the knob. (just a guess)
johnnywoods
daverj wrote:
Ahha. Well, then maybe those 4 big knobs are pan/tilt/zoom controls for remote control cameras. 3 axis joysticks that pan/tilt by moving forward/back/left/right, and zoom by rotating the knob. (just a guess)

yup. that's what they are. I've used those ones before. variable slew on the controls as well!
barto
setting up my live rig for a lil west coast tour i got coming up with my band. audio and video utilizes a mix of hardware/software analog/digital (analog modeling for the ms2000). i have a little mixer in my visual case for making noise with the LZX and a critter and guitari cellular automata. video mixer with security cam for feedback or live recording of the show, iphone input, bitvision, LZX, critter and guitari, video out from the laptop running numark nuvj. i use 2 projectors that i just put on the floor and shine on us for the ouput and i have a pico projector that i shine on myself with the ouput of the bitvision taking the audio from the ms2000/reason for the reactivnesss. i also have a strobe plugged into an on/off foot switch that is stored where the LZX currently is for travel. i still need to do some clean up and organization. i havent practiced with everything going yet but this will be the biggest game of simon says ever

johnnywoods
Nice! Are you playing LA?
barto
yeah we are playing at the echo on 9/14 with chelsea wolfe and then going on another tour in october with omar rodrigues lopez at the troubador on 10/25. cant wait!
tachyons+
building, testing Rainbowonics while watching the Black Lodge channel.

giorgio
tachyons+ wrote:
building, testing Rainbowonics while watching the Black Lodge channel.

i'd love to find more info on these mods, too many videonics around here not to start fucking with them smile
spaceship
Yeah, those things look like tons of fun!
tachyons+
I get a lot of request to share my notes on these mod's and prefer not to
because I would rather people surprise me with their mods on these machines
and inspire my own work.

They're not that hard to do if you have a little electronic knowledge.
Avoid the power capacitors! Mess with the resistors and IC's.
I fried the first one I tried so be warned that can happen.

Also I mod these with the power plugged in the wall,
which super pro-electronics people have chewed me out about
due to the dangers of electrical shock, so yes be very very careful.
Or you could send me yr Videonics and I will happily do it for you. Cheers!
goiks
a humble beginning, but plenty satisfying for a noob. need ramps though.

nickciontea
Hell yes Goiks!
Welcome!
goiks
thanks nick! thought of you as i was putting the briefcase together - i seem to remember you having a couple of them in the past. i've been watching you guys for what seems like a looooong time, REALLY happy to finally get started. i clapped my hands like a little kid when i got some stuff moving for the first time.
daverj
I like the leather briefcase style.

Back in the 80s I had a pair of cheap imitation leather briefcases (cardboard with leatherette covering) that I used for mounting some circuitry in. They looked cool and were very portable.
nickciontea
goiks wrote:
thanks nick! thought of you as i was putting the briefcase together - i seem to remember you having a couple of them in the past. .

Yes!! i still have two! I'm always on the lookout for late 80's thin hardshell style briefcases. they work so well. Mine were 6U 67HP and 6U 74HP.

If i could find a nice fit for 6U 90+ that would be awesome. But I'm currently going for the full range of monorockets.. Soon to have 3U, 6U, and 9U Skiffs. (just waitin on the 6)
giorgio
from a party last night. captured a bunch of clips with the vidsynth, V4 and video effects box (vidcraft vidmate) then loading the vids onto 4 iPhones and ran 2 to the inputs, and the 3rd through a TBC into the key input on the external camera input that controls the luma-keyer. I'll have vids later
fletch
nickciontea

ran a skiff for a gig. due to my missing power brck..

then reset the studio back to norm
giorgio
most stripped-down live setup yet: 4 ipods & v4.

i found that it takes more work with less gear, but I had a ton of fun with this rig. vids to follow
Cat-A-Tonic
All my Euro cabinets are finished and reorganized for the time being.

The 6U suitcase got rededicated to sequencing (which suits it better for power consumption).

The curved 9U is for video, and tube processing.
The tubes might get moved to the 3U.
The bass drum is a placeholder.

Edirol P10 joins the party.
rosso
nickciontea wrote:

daverj wrote:
That looks like fun. I wonder what the four giant knobs/sliders are on the right desk panel?

To me, those look like iris controls on CCU (Camera Control Unit) remotes:

I think you twist them to control the resistance on the slider. In a live situation, you wouldn't want to accidentally open the iris all the way, and you would want any changes to be as slow and subtle as possible. Concerts usually have cameramen with shoulder cams wandering around the stage. There might be PTZ cams, too, but I don't see controls for them. The thing with the joystick on the left desk looks like a remote for an SEG.[/img][/quote]
daverj
rosso wrote:
The thing with the joystick on the left desk looks like a remote for an SEG.

Actually, I think it's one of these PTZ controllers:

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-RMBR300/
Mystika

ITS A MESS BUT I LIKE IT[/img]
samn
It's still a baby :3
Also a video mixer I circuit bent (my first bend), does some really cool stuff. Also crashes my projector at random which is funny.
Matos
Mystika
I know it's a video synth thread, but love the bike. What year is it?
Mystika
The BMW is from 1981!!!

My synth is from the future!!!!!!!!!
tachyons+
Mystika's lab there looks like shes involved with film production. Guinness ftw!

Heres a recent video art machine custom built for Richard Bone:
The one and only 80's freakazoid synth master from another dimension.

Check out his visual art creations if you haven't already: http://youtu.be/JKCmZzvPfdQ

samn
Wow! Amazing, I LOVE Richard Bone smile grats

tachyons+ wrote:
Mystika's lab there looks like shes involved with film production. Guinness ftw!

Heres a recent video art machine custom built for Richard Bone:
The one and only 80's freakazoid synth master from another dimension.

Check out his visual art creations if you haven't already: http://youtu.be/JKCmZzvPfdQ

xart
tachyons+
all 3 of the video art machines eye currently craft sitting in a tree:
L to R: Vortex Decoder. Saturnizer. Opti-Glitch.

barto
mx104 in black snake finally came. thanks to jason at control voltage for the help getting the upgraded 5amp power and delivering at the MMTA meet where i feverishly swapped cases because i couldnt wait any longer. overall very happy with it. was worried about depth but surprised i was able to fit the MVIP in the corner. im going to take some new measurements because i realllly hope ill be able to fit the upcoming TBC. im still trying to figure out the best way to position it for use since the lid and base disconnect and theres no cable to kind of tie them together like the gorillabox has. definitely wont be keeping a patch while closed which is a bummer but theres not really any other option right now for a 12u briefcase

Matos
Was that you in the panoramas? Sweet case my friend. Action packed!
barto
indeed
nickciontea

new mx104 for me too
tachyons+
newest Tachyons+ creation aka the FUN 21.

jjr
Ok I think I'm done .

nickciontea
awesome AV rig JJR. I always wanted to play with the Octature in vid land. but since I got the WMD PDO its been lower on the list. I did borrow my friends korgasmatron and really like it. although unsure how much of its character I could get out of a cheaper doepfer filter.

Just gotta have one filter with resonance.
engi
nice
rossics
Hey guys, Been gathering info from here for a while, just thought I'd say hi and post my current setup
tachyons+
wcfields
From our show at Mississippi Studios last week (Cinedeck, Aja, and Panasonic HD switcher are the cable access stations smile, will post the episodes tomorrow:

nickciontea

I've done it.. I don't have room for all my modules.. and one more TBC on the way (which will fit in this config)

time to bust out my skiff.
mr_coops

Finally arrived Rockin' Banana!
Already getting some nice stuff let the rabbit hole begin Rockin' Banana!
supersounddesign
Here is my humble setup. So far the synthi is only adding some modulation via filter sweeps and other audio. I hope to get a matrix breakout box to talk to individual modules in the near future.

Viewing on a Dynex flat screen computer monitor and capturing via a Sony NEX 5R.. It's getting there.
VJFranzK
Very nice -
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:

Edirol P10 joins the party.

How do you like the P10?

( Videos of rig doing it's thing? )
Matos
Finally moved out of the bedroom into the living room. It's going to miss my eurorack pals, but now I can walk slightly in my bedroom. Sorta...,
Still plugging stuff in and figuring out the signal flow. But it's getting there.
[/img]
bentoncbainbridge
Hooking together Eurorack Modular[/img] and Rutt/Etra Video Synth with Matthew Schlanger

Cat-A-Tonic
Wow, Rutt Etra!

I wanna see a video patch with the JAG.
bentoncbainbridge
[quote="daverj"]This is a panorama I took at the Experimental TV Center

So grateful for my residencies at ETC, where I learned analog video synthesis and my collaborators and I developed our approach to live visual performance.
timtam

8_)
Ty
Very nice. For someone claiming to be new, that is quite the set up. nanners
simulcast
Here's a pic from the CAVE 1.0

timtam
Ty wrote:
Very nice. For someone claiming to be new, that is quite the set up. nanners

thx man. 8_) I sorta jumped all in. Never maintain cash savings again Never maintain cash savings again

It is starting to get fun.
bentoncbainbridge
simulcast wrote:
Here's a pic from the CAVE 1.0

Very nice setup! Do you receive visitors? May be lucky enough to come through Oz this October, though it hasn't yet been confirmed...

Last time I came through Sydney I met Stephen Jones, one of my inspirations http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Jones_(musician)
simulcast
Hi Benton,
Yes indeed - visitors are always welcome. The CAVE is in Brisbane though, but if you are in town - please let me know. If you like the FB link in my signature you can stay up to date with what's going on there
bentoncbainbridge
simulcast wrote:
Hi Benton,
Yes indeed - visitors are always welcome. The CAVE is in Brisbane though, but if you are in town - please let me know. If you like the FB link in my signature you can stay up to date with what's going on there

Already Liked your FB page! I'll know my Oz itinerary soon, hope I can come visit. Cheers, Benton
bentoncbainbridge
Not my studio, but one that takes Residency applications: @SignalCulture in Owego, New York

Signal Culture studio
bentoncbainbridge
[quote="bentoncbainbridge"]
simulcast wrote:
Hi Benton,
Yes indeed - visitors are always welcome. The CAVE is in Brisbane though, but if you are in town - please let me know.

unfortunately just playing in Sydney and Melbourne this leg. hope to visit another time!
bentoncbainbridge

new system coming along:

Jones O'Tool
Jones MVIP
LZX ILDA
Make Noise Maths
Synthesis Technology Morphing Terrarium, with
Manhattan Analog MTX expansion
Snazzy FX DroneBank
Doepfer A-199 SPRV Spring Reverb with big springs
other utility modules
RGB Laser
Unicol K-Trolley
Ty
very cool SlayerBadger!

with the two pipes it looks like it runs on steam! w00t
ikkini

8_)
tachyons+

supersounddesign
Amazing. I want one!
bentoncbainbridge
qu'est que c'est?

ikkini wrote:

8_)
bentoncbainbridge
tachyons+ wrote:

which one's this? Psychenizer? lookin' good!
ikkini
@bentoncbainbridge : It's an Oscillatoscope By Gijs Gieskes.
bentoncbainbridge
Not exactly a picture of my video synth, rather a video of a fun video tool in action - Degausser ring test

bentoncbainbridge
ikkini wrote:
@bentoncbainbridge : It's an Oscillatoscope By Gijs Gieskes.

nice! has anyone on the forum tried it in NTSC? the 'product page' implies it might not work: "NTSC (almost) and PAL"

http://gieskes.nl/shop/
flx
My video side of the table (almost). Panasonic AVE-3, Gieske's Oscillatoscope1c, GVS1d and Schele Mixer. Also hooked up my PS2 (not in the picture) and a Tetris toy, as well as an old GoPro for live video feeds. The rest in the image is audio stuff.

bentoncbainbridge
flx wrote:
My video side of the table (almost). Panasonic AVE-3, Gieske's Oscillatoscope1c, GVS1d and Schele Mixer. Also hooked up my PS2 (not in the picture) and a Tetris toy, as well as an old GoPro for live video feeds. The rest in the image is audio stuff.

sweet rig!
tachyons+
ObfuscatedVisuals
Greetings!

So a long long time ago I had the pleasure of using a Sandin IP while attending SAIC. In last couple of years I started getting back into trying my hand at live visuals and finally assembled an LZX system.

paulcatanese
Hi Everyone-
first post here; thought I'd share a few pics of the LZX system I've been building for my electronics lab at Columbia College Chicago. Got a few pix of it up and running here - some w/remapping to a mini christie micro-tile wall display... Pix are from a few months ago when setting up the base LZX system - have added about 800hp since then! will post more pix soon---
-paul

[img][/img]
ThatFunnyLookinGuy
paulcatanese wrote:
Hi Everyone-
first post here; thought I'd share a few pics of the LZX system I've been building for my electronics lab at Columbia College Chicago. Got a few pix of it up and running here - some w/remapping to a mini christie micro-tile wall display... Pix are from a few months ago when setting up the base LZX system - have added about 800hp since then! will post more pix soon---
-paul

Awesome system, is this for a class? I go to CCC right now and would be very interested in taking it if so hyper
paulcatanese
>Awesome system, is this for a class? I go to CCC right now and would be very
>interested in taking it if so

Great question - answer is: soon. In the process of getting the equipment running and settled in the footprint of the electronics lab this winter; going to have some exploratory work done w/grad students this spring; and building the curriculum for classes that will start next academic year. I'm also going to be announcing in the next few days some openings for spots for graduate students in the department to specifically conduct research on this equipment in the context of our media performance, projection mapping, isadora/max-msp integration, and interdisciplinary performance initiatives... some of those will include graduate assistantships and a few will include full paid tuition. Will have more info about getting involved early next week.

Its a pretty awesome system & I'm really excited to see what folks will do with it; for example, in addition to the many LZX modules, just got _two_ ming mecca world core & control cores, and planning on adding a LZX visual cortex so that we'll have four live channels to work with. Have funds set aside to add DaverJ system to the mix when that is ready too; there are some plans to add in some vintage sandin modules as well. Next week, i'll post a full list of the system components & more info about the grad program...

-paul
jbartee
paulcatanese wrote:
>Awesome system, is this for a class? I go to CCC right now and would be very
>interested in taking it if so

Great question - answer is: soon. In the process of getting the equipment running and settled in the footprint of the electronics lab this winter; going to have some exploratory work done w/grad students this spring; and building the curriculum for classes that will start next academic year. I'm also going to be announcing in the next few days some openings for spots for graduate students in the department to specifically conduct research on this equipment in the context of our media performance, projection mapping, isadora/max-msp integration, and interdisciplinary performance initiatives... some of those will include graduate assistantships and a few will include full paid tuition. Will have more info about getting involved early next week.

Its a pretty awesome system & I'm really excited to see what folks will do with it; for example, in addition to the many LZX modules, just got _two_ ming mecca world core & control cores, and planning on adding a LZX visual cortex so that we'll have four live channels to work with. Have funds set aside to add DaverJ system to the mix when that is ready too; there are some plans to add in some vintage sandin modules as well. Next week, i'll post a full list of the system components & more info about the grad program...

-paul

This is all so exciting, Paul. I wish a facility like this existed when I was in grad school! Can't wait to hear more about what you guys are up to.

(welcome to the forums btw Guinness ftw! )
ThatFunnyLookinGuy
paulcatanese wrote:

-paul

This is beyond awesome, I'm looking forward to learning more. Will I still be able to get involved somehow even though I'm just an audio major (and next semester is my last)?
supersounddesign

LZX with a few other goodies sprinkled on..
Dirty_Bill
That's a rig!
wcfields
moogboy
The small setup, for use with the band(s) and super spontaneous stuff. Case is a Pittsburgh Modular Move 104, and the rest of the modules are a Make Noise voice consisting of dual STO's, Optomix, MMG, OG Wogglebug, and Maths:

[img]http://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1013623_ 1037885999558691_5391550587567437719_n.jpg?oh=6919eee1d285167486fa45dd bcfc2292&oe=552AC27F[/img]

The annex. For when I've got the luxury of just doing visuals and want a whole shitpot of CV sources and possibilities to screw around with:
[img]http://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/14 61767_1037885982892026_6731341498695984184_n.jpg?oh=707e9843d674f3823f 9941d7ea1525c4&oe=556B2F6A&__gda__=1433364946_25634e2086ee36c51fccbf51 e004a6bd[/img]
wcfields
Current modular setup.

tachyons+

[/img]
starpause
my new babe!

now, what to do with these... 8_)

cosmic_son
starpause wrote:
my new babe!

now, what to do with these... 8_)

YESSSSS. Please update with any footage you end up making. They look so pretty. love
nathanxl
Started down the Visual Synthesis road a few days ago, no dedicated modules yet so Im using my Synthi E with a modded Vectrex for now. Its fun as hell...
Heres to another hobby! Guinness ftw!
http://youtu.be/YzTKOcawkD4
deAnimator
VS009
s-video synth

Cat-A-Tonic
Video rig set to rescan.
tapecanvas
Here's my current rig. Mainly into abstract video processing. Some circuit bent gear, some to be modified.. The wood box in the middle is a recently completed project, featuring two blur settings, a feedback looper that interacts great with other video processors, and a Karl Klomp style dirty mixer.

simulcast
A few pics of the rig from gigs this week...

fifadefend
Here was my live setup for a gallery performance I did. There were several audio performers
wednesdayayay
here is the current setup We have a triple video filter on the way sometime in the future

nathanxl
Vectrex Vector Monitor, a few FPVcameras being TBCed to a Visual Cortex.
The rest is NLC audio stuff.

Its a lot of fun. I played out with this rig for the first time the other night.

If you have a Vectrex and you want a box for it...
You can download the plans here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1206348
MrDys

This is my patch setup for a performance next Saturday.

Shape generation from mixed Ramps into an EHX Ring Thing (to give it motion) then into a Dr. Octature where I take three of the phase-shifted outs into the CVE for colorization. All of that goes into a self-feedbacking WJ-AVE5 and that is fed into another feedbacking V-1.[/img]

Lots of options, colors, shapes & textures in a setup that'll fit into a milk crate.

In motion it looks like this: https://www.instagram.com/p/_N81T7jRUs/
Ty
For the past 3 years I have been telling myself that I would post pics when "I'm done" hihi (and this pic is about 3 years old)

My goal with my set up is to be able to do video art along with dub music at the same time. It's been fun so far! Bottom case is primarily video with the top case being audio.

bentoncbainbridge
In addition to my main video synth, I've been experimenting with small lissajous modular cases. Live streaming of Vectrex a/v performances here: http://movingpictures.gallery/live
tenshun
Heres my modest set up.
Dirty_Bill
tenshun I like the Sideways Esthetic!
tenshun
haha thanks! all my photos keep uploading sideways hmmm.....
AR126
sweet...
Dirty_Bill
Obligatory Stylized Blurry Pic - Details to follow cool

Paulyvoks

Current. Holding out for LZX XY. Wish me luck!
samn
From a show the other day - missing some modules there seriously, i just don't get it
Polykrom
Here's my humble new live setup – I just started building the synth, so there's still a lot of space in that little case! Currently it's just a Visual Cortex, Mapper, MATHS and Moddemix. Looking forward to expanding it!

In this setup, it's fed with samples mixed in GLMixer on the laptop, also including input from a camera (not shown, because that's what's taking the photo) through the HDMI capture card.

The beamer is a nice big 6500lm Canon (well, actually a Canon branded Sanyo) that I got used for a remarkably favourable price.

Lots of fun!

Dirty_Bill
Alright, this is getting out of hand. A couple of modules on loan (like the PAG) but the current setup just got bolted in and live patched today, and I think it's gonna be gooooood....

sambell
my first post. Thanks for sharing your stuff guys. Really excited to get stuck in!
nerdware
Welcome to Muffs! If you don't yet have any video modules, I recommend contacting Phil at London Modular.
Dirty_Bill
sambell wrote:
my first post. Thanks for sharing your stuff guys. Really excited to get stuck in!

Welcome! There are a lot of approaches to video synthesis and they're well represented in the threads here...
sambell
ta for the tips smile
mk
I've been playing with video synth for about a year now. Addicted. I'm incorporating it into all sorts of work but yet to play live. there's s o m u c h to learn...

destroythings
I decided to split my video set up out from my main case containing my audio modules.

Picked up the make noise skiff.

nerdware
I did that with my audio modules. Mr. Green BTW, what's that module on the far right?
destroythings
Far right is the Telewizor v 2.0. Its just a LCD screen for previewing.

It has a few other functions as well like cv input for control over some built in generators.

http://www.modulargrid.net/e/razmasynth-telewizorv2
nerdware
Ahh, right. Thanks. thumbs up
tenshun

current video rig. i just built a diy case to house it.
eth
mk wrote:
I've been playing with video synth for about a year now. Addicted. I'm incorporating it into all sorts of work but yet to play live. there's s o m u c h to learn...

That's quite a collection for only a year! Mr. Green I highly recommend swan diving into playing live for a band or something, it's so fun and I'm sure you'll make great stuff. I did my first live gig shortly after buying a Visual Cortex, white sheet and projector. Mostly just rainbow diamonds and circles but dammit they were fun. It's peanut butter jelly time!
soulglo
Finally finished my Gieskes portable case
it contains a 3trinsRGB+1c plus 2 comparators (from FetidEye), one with CV control and an LZX Output Expander, a Gieskes Oscillatoscope1c and the Gieskes HSS3jb

wednesdayayay
are you looking for a dave jones MVIP? it seems like it would go perfectly with that setup
bentoncbainbridge
playlist of short videos from today's studies with Lisa Joy (version W) and a generative Max patch by Barbara Held

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHn0nFpypA5ir8YTKx7uY-WGN_M0zyE lM
FetidEye
two new video builds; Video Equations and a OSCope

nathanxl
FetidEye
That looks out of this world!
samn
nathanxl wrote:

That is pretty cool rig! What is that top left? Does it draw?
nathanxl
samn wrote:

Yes its an X-Y plotter, Ive added a printer mechanism to move the paper aswell to add another axis.
Backroads
nathanxl wrote:

Yes its an X-Y plotter, Ive added a printer mechanism to move the paper aswell to add another axis.

daaaaaaang
samn
nathanxl wrote:
samn wrote:

haha thats really sweet, its quite a rig
FetidEye
Cadet 21 system - nanners
all panels will be dual , dual VCO / fader / Key generator etc.
The sync generator has a triple panel, with the video input and RGB encoder.
all connections are banana with BNC for video outputs
some mods are added to the panels:
squarewave outputs on the VCO, Chroma output on the Video input module.
The panel format is a bit bigger than eurorack.

eth
FetidEye that's a god-dang work of art! love
FetidEye
Thanks!
more:
MyFriendsAreFictional
Not sure if my setup really counts but here it is.

AVE5: Channel 1 - Macbook running Lumen and Arena (internal feedback with pre recorded clips) with 2 webcams for feedback, Channel 2 - 3 Input selector (1. Mixer feedback 2. B&W Videoscope 3. DVD or VHS player) Output 1 - Projector, Output 2 - CRT, Monitor output - used for feedback.
I only started working with video when Lumen was released, picked up the mixer a month or so later. I tend to work more with camera feedback than anything else.
Here is a link to some short examples of my work.
Any advice on a case to fit the AVE5, cables, and such? Also has anyone ran a Lumen output into a modular system? I would like to dive into modular sometime in the future but would still like to use Lumen with it.
Backroads
From a recent show

eth
MyFriendsAreFictional wrote:
Also has anyone ran a Lumen output into a modular system? I would like to dive into modular sometime in the future but would still like to use Lumen with it.

It looks like you're converting VGA to composite to get Lumen into your AVE5; if so, you can use an LZX Color Time Base Corrector module to get individual LZX R, G, B signals. Probably the most direct way to LZX-ify smile Or you could get a Composite to Component (CVBS -> YPbPr) converter and feed that into the Visual Cortex, if you decide to get a Visual Cortex.
MyFriendsAreFictional
Thank you!! smile
nerdware
The TBC will require a VC anyway. Also, a video sync cable - and the TBC is currently out of stock. So if you have no video modules already, just get the VC. Then post a pic of your new rig. w00t
moogboy

Any advice on a case to fit the AVE5, cables, and such? Also has anyone ran a Lumen output into a modular system? I would like to dive into modular sometime in the future but would still like to use Lumen with it.

Dude, is that a DADS sticker? like, the emo band Dads?
MyFriendsAreFictional
moogboy
Why yes, yes it is.

nerdware eth
Thank you for the advice, I shall post a picture once I procure a Visual Cortex. Not sure when that will be but I am hoping sometime in the near future.
moogboy
moogboy
Why yes, yes it is.

WILD! I've accidentally gotten close with some of the other 4th wave emo bands in the last couple of years, so Dads has been on my radar//in my orbit. Saw one of 'em do a solo set to like 6 people in a DIY venue in January last year or the year before. Emo and synths don't usually crossover, so it's kinda neat to see someone else into it.
Hans-g
Hi,

Being using analogue and modulars since 1994.

Since I am newbie to video, I have been always fascinated by late 70s, early 80s analogue video, as per example on those times JM Jarre videos.

Thanks
ObfuscatedVisuals
Okay this is my full rig video and audio.. the video rack is on the left. I have four video displays on top in the middle and a laptop that is the oscilloscope in the middle.

bentoncbainbridge

This was my attempt to make a carry-on 3-channel Video Synth. I'm off to Marfa, TX in a few hours... hope they are gentle with this in cargo!
Polykrom
This photo turned out surprisingly aesthetic, so I'll post it even thogh it doesn't really reveal much of what's going on …

LZX system in a mdr.modular 6Ux84HP travel case, HP1340A scope, PVM-9045QM screen, Pelco camera on a friction arm filming the scope for rescanning
tenshun
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 11