MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Earth 2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Earth 2
rolsteins
Hi!

Any ideas what kind of mics/mic's setup/technique Earth used during recording of "Earth 2" LP?
This very special sound...
Klopfgeist
Probably Earths, Sunns, and JCM800s for amps. Dunno 'bout guitars; maybe the Iceman in one picture?

I saw Earth last year and Dylan plated a Squire Strat into some basic pedals and I think the amp was a Sunn combo. The bass player used a cassette deck as an amp head and got some amazing sounds.
rolsteins
Klopfgeist wrote:
Probably Earths, Sunns, and JCM800s for amps. Dunno 'bout guitars; maybe the Iceman in one picture?

I saw Earth last year and Dylan plated a Squire Strat into some basic pedals and I think the amp was a Sunn combo. The bass player used a cassette deck as an amp head and got some amazing sounds.

Yeah, early Earth sound was very different. Ambience of Earth 2 record is like guitars etc instruments were in one room while half of mics in other room then mixed together and then again re-amped... smile

I'm just interested in what kind of mics those are.
Nuuj
SlayerBadger! for Earth 2 headbang
Rawk!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1