MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

strangest software FX
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author strangest software FX

Oldstench

justin3am wrote:
Guitar Rig is one hell of a flexible FX unit but due to it's name most people only use it for amp modeling. It has granular effects, pitch shifting, wild delays (tape, and bbd mulations), an IR reverb, and a ton of other stuff. Plus it has freely assignable modulation (lfos, envelopes, sequencers). Such a powerful tool, they should really change the name

This should be shouted to the heavens. This is my go-to software effects rack. It's so flexible and powerful and it sounds damn good. So much more than an amp modeller.

wintchil

Oldstench wrote:
justin3am wrote:
Guitar Rig is one hell of a flexible FX unit but due to it's name most people only use it for amp modeling. It has granular effects, pitch shifting, wild delays (tape, and bbd mulations), an IR reverb, and a ton of other stuff. Plus it has freely assignable modulation (lfos, envelopes, sequencers). Such a powerful tool, they should really change the name

This should be shouted to the heavens. This is my go-to software effects rack. It's so flexible and powerful and it sounds damn good. So much more than an amp modeller.

I have a friend who has been telling me the same thing for a while now. Maybe they should change the name to effects rig? I'll have to give it a go and start using it. I have a light version that came with sonar.

ehdyn

Scapes by twisted tools churns out some mean shit

Filterscape by U-he

Hyper detailed stuff in max/msp - renoise

That spectral filter from Project5 v1 and cooleditpro Dead Banana

ignatius

+1 for twisted tools and U-he stuff. MMF2 is just wild.

limpmeat

Twisted tools vortex looks pretty cool.

Just noticed they have a few free patches on their site too.

stk

wintchil wrote:
Oldstench wrote:
justin3am wrote:
Guitar Rig is one hell of a flexible FX unit but due to it's name most people only use it for amp modeling.

I have a friend who has been telling me the same thing for a while now. Maybe they should change the name to effects rig?

I think it's a terrible amp modeller, but a great fx unit thumbs up

speak_onion

Scrubby! http://destroyfx.smartelectronix.com/

stk

MY ASS IS BLEEDING hihi

ehdyn

limpmeat wrote:
Twisted tools vortex looks pretty cool.

Just noticed they have a few free patches on their site too.

Its cool-takes you back to when it was all about start and end points but theres alot more there besides. Like all of their stuff its deeply thought out-the lfos can be combined for instance. Very easy to customize with your own sounds and sequences, rather than messing around with Reaktor for ever.
No inside info, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a sequel soon

justin3am

stk wrote:

MY ASS IS BLEEDING hihi

Boy it's been a while since I used that. When I had my Scope system on a PC, I had all your old VSTs. Takes me back to my early days at KVR, I believe Runagate had suggested that I take a look at your stuff.

...what a crazy bastard he was.

stk

Heh, the old KVR days zombie
this place has spoiled me. Now and then I revisit KVR and not this shit again

Rymf

dan_k wrote:
But the *strangest* would have to be Argeïphontes Lyre by Akira Rabelais:

http://www.akirarabelais.com/v/software/software.html

The first actual "thing" I found on that website was a link to a paypal page for the "$5000 manual" and then you won the thread.

+1 Max—making things is half the fun (read: torment)
On the opposite end of the spectrum, Turnado is fun.

jimmyedgar

dogoftears wrote:
Michael norris fx!!! Free and absolute must have

i second that, i love these.... try metasynth too

rec.Koner

Yeah i know really strange FX

Here:

http://www.tobybear.de/p_monsterbag.html

skipperdean

audio damage dr. device and sugar bytes vogue

limpmeat

vogue is a channel strip emulator, can it really do strange stuff?

ersatzplanet

cbm wrote:
No one has mentioned Max/MSP?

You beat me to it! If you can't afford a Kyma rig and you can think DSP programming it is hard to beat MAX. MAX 6 is looking pretty damn awesome nowadays.
-James

mckenic

Might not be a popular thing to say & I fucking despise NI these days because of Kore but..

I love what Reaktor is capable of. Never have to build anything because there is so much cool shit in the user lib.

The Finger is made of win for me!

matttech

OHM FORCE - predatohm, symptohm, ohmicide etc... (i've used their free Frohmage filter more than any other plugin i think!)

+1 on all the AUDIO DAMAGE stuff - awesomeness!

D16 GROUP do some great stuff too

can post links to some audio examples of the ohm force gear in action in my tracks if you've not checked it out before in situ

matttech

i also just like mangling stuff up using impulse responses of odd sounds (in, say, space designer)

also....native instruments' Kore had some interesting soundpacks that messed with audio

skipperdean

@ limpmeat: yes. envelope follower, lfo programable to different parameters= patch/program your fx.

stepwriterun

If you have Reaktor it is worth checking out the user library for the effects.

jake

one ping only hihi

wait...wrong forum seriously, i just don't get it

velocity

amnesia wrote:

I will look at KYMA again in the future and see if any improvements are made.

Agreed, I would LOVE to get my hands on Kyma but everytime I get serious I look at the terrible interface and I just spotted at least of the screenshots of their website is dated 2003. Mind you they do have an iPad interface which could be very cool direction indeed...

Mr. Sound Boy King

I'm psyched to try that blown out Lyre thing...

Also, ixiQuarks rules. http://www.ixi-audio.net/content/body_software_ixiquarks.html

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2