MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioWiggler Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsBlog & News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

strangest software FX
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author strangest software FX

amnesia

I am interested to know what are the strangest sounding/ unique software FX out there.

I do really like the U-He fx range as they add that little but more to the standard FX

e-grad

The GRM-tools come to my mind. They were devoleped by the Groupe de Recherches Musicales of the INA. Yes, it's the GRM founded by Pierre Schaeffer in 1951.

Sorry, I could not find a link in English:
http://www.inagrm.com/grmtools

I have old versions of the Classics and they're definately powerful tools. I don't use them bcs. I don't like to work with software.

amnesia

Yes the GRM tools are good

Luka

crazy ivan smile

scozbor

darkware

Babaluma

spectral monkeyage vst.

a lot of the MDA plugins, such as the envelope follower, test tone and sub synth.

anything by russell borogove (pegger/reggep).

sandyb

kyma

dkcg

sandyb wrote:
kyma

lol

rico loverde

I like SoundToys stuff, also have always loved Livecut from Mdsp @ smartelectronix (and its free!!!)

Izotope Stutter Edit is another fun sound mangler Ive been messing with.

justin3am

Guitar Rig is one hell of a flexible FX unit but due to it's name most people only use it for amp modeling. It has granular effects, pitch shifting, wild delays (tape, and bbd mulations), an IR reverb, and a ton of other stuff. Plus it has freely assignable modulation (lfos, envelopes, sequencers). Such a powerful tool, they should really change the name.

Sound Toys is very cool as well.

If you like U-He stuff but want something a little deeper than Uhbik, both MFM2 and Zebrify (included with Zebra) might suit you.

Fabfilter's Timeless and Volcano are also capable of some really out there effects.

Soundhack's Delay Trio is free.

amnesia

dkcg wrote:
sandyb wrote:
kyma

lol

KYMA.It is great, sounds great but it has more going against it.IMO

I found it to be clunky, the screen would get fucked up at times its gui is old. I didnt like the fact that I had to have a box to use it, if I am in bed and want to make sounds I dont want to go set it up. With imagination I could get close to what I wanted to do by combining other companies programs.

I will look at KYMA again in the future and see if any improvements are made.

wintchil

Audio Damage has some great stuff.

Definitely worth checking out.

dan_k

+1 on GRM tools
+1 on Audio Damage

Tom Erbe's Soundhack and Spectral Sound Shapers plugins.

But the *strangest* would have to be Argeïphontes Lyre by Akira Rabelais:

http://www.akirarabelais.com/v/software/software.html

dogoftears

Michael norris fx!!! Free and absolute must have

amnesia

Yes Norris are great.

Thanks for the guitar rig info, think it sounds much better then the Waves GTR.

Rozzer

PSP's Nitro and N2O are worth a mention here. Flexible multi-fx structure that supports feedback loops and automation via step sequencers, lfos, envelope followers etc. Somewhat like a TC Electronics Fireworx.

thetwlo

in addition to what's been mentioned,

Artificial Audio's Obelisk:
OBELISK

Fscape (standalone, similar to Soundhack)
FSCAPE

Spear (spectral editor)
SPEAR

iZotope's Spectron looks interesting:
Spectron

cbm

No one has mentioned Max/MSP?

Knobtwister

scozbor wrote:
darkware

thumbs up

radiokoala

justin3am wrote:
Guitar Rig is one hell of a flexible FX unit but due to it's name most people only use it for amp modeling. It has granular effects, pitch shifting, wild delays (tape, and bbd mulations), an IR reverb, and a ton of other stuff. Plus it has freely assignable modulation (lfos, envelopes, sequencers). Such a powerful tool, they should really change the name.

thumbs up

My SHORT PLAY EP was completely made via Guitar Rig processed Casio SK-1. (I was using version 3 I believe...)

[s]http://soundcloud.com/radiokoala/an-antilope-is-u-f-o[/s]

Oldstench

justin3am wrote:
Guitar Rig is one hell of a flexible FX unit but due to it's name most people only use it for amp modeling. It has granular effects, pitch shifting, wild delays (tape, and bbd mulations), an IR reverb, and a ton of other stuff. Plus it has freely assignable modulation (lfos, envelopes, sequencers). Such a powerful tool, they should really change the name

This should be shouted to the heavens. This is my go-to software effects rack. It's so flexible and powerful and it sounds damn good. So much more than an amp modeller.

wintchil

Oldstench wrote:
justin3am wrote:
Guitar Rig is one hell of a flexible FX unit but due to it's name most people only use it for amp modeling. It has granular effects, pitch shifting, wild delays (tape, and bbd mulations), an IR reverb, and a ton of other stuff. Plus it has freely assignable modulation (lfos, envelopes, sequencers). Such a powerful tool, they should really change the name

This should be shouted to the heavens. This is my go-to software effects rack. It's so flexible and powerful and it sounds damn good. So much more than an amp modeller.

I have a friend who has been telling me the same thing for a while now. Maybe they should change the name to effects rig? I'll have to give it a go and start using it. I have a light version that came with sonar.

ehdyn

Scapes by twisted tools churns out some mean shit

Filterscape by U-he

Hyper detailed stuff in max/msp - renoise

That spectral filter from Project5 v1 and cooleditpro Dead Banana

ignatius

+1 for twisted tools and U-he stuff. MMF2 is just wild.

limpmeat

Twisted tools vortex looks pretty cool.

Just noticed they have a few free patches on their site too.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2