MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

STG Mankato and Blacet I/O
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author STG Mankato and Blacet I/O
tragedybysyntax
Questions Questions fellow MotherFrackers!

So..... my mankato only works in the audible range from like 12oclock to 6 going clockwise. Thought that was kind of wierd but... does it depend on the out you choose?

Also... Blacet I/O. I built the kit the other night... nothings getting hot, I calibrated it too. However... I tried putting a mic on the kick to send a gate thru it and... it's not working. Do I need a piezo to pull this off? I plugged a guitar into it and it seems to be working. Is the lag like traditional lag? The gate burst seems to be kind of short and I wasnt sure if anybody had to adjust the dip switches inside or not. I didnt find anything in the manual that said anything about adjusting those. Thanks guys! smile
fluxmonkey
tragedybysyntax wrote:
Questions Questions fellow MotherFrackers!

So..... my mankato only works in the audible range from like 12oclock to 6 going clockwise. Thought that was kind of wierd but... does it depend on the out you choose?


7 -> 12oclock is subaudio, like when yr using it as a VC QUAD LFO. awesome.

bbob
tragedybysyntax
So... from 6 to 12 oclock is just a giant dead spot? kinda wierd dont u think?>
parasitk
tragedybysyntax wrote:
So... from 6 to 12 oclock is just a giant dead spot? kinda wierd dont u think?>


No, he said 6 to 12 is the LFO range! Guinness ftw!
tragedybysyntax
Hmmm, then 12 to 6 is for using it as an OSC and 6 to 12 roughly for LFO. I'll have to see..... so much you can do with this beast, I just didnt have tons of time to play with it. However.... this thing thru the wave folder is just fucking huge and deadly.
Kwote
tragedybysyntax wrote:
Also... Blacet I/O. I built the kit the other night... nothings getting hot, I calibrated it too. However... I tried putting a mic on the kick to send a gate thru it and... it's not working. Do I need a piezo to pull this off? I plugged a guitar into it and it seems to be working. Is the lag like traditional lag? The gate burst seems to be kind of short and I wasnt sure if anybody had to adjust the dip switches inside or not. I didnt find anything in the manual that said anything about adjusting those. Thanks guys! smile


with the mic make sure it's dynamic and try putting it on the 100x range but be careful. lag just lengthens the attack and release. it's basically an AR Envelope. dip switches i'm not sure but you can most definately adjust the gate time. there's a pot dedicated to it.
suitandtieguy
actually at the very lowest range it's also a slew limiter!
tragedybysyntax
*Falls over* I finally got to put the Mankatro thru it's true paces last night. JESUS F'NG CHRIST! Batman.. this thing is a monster! I was modulating an AFG with a bunch of the Mankato Outs and then a VCS FM'ng the AFG... all this into a Polivoks then into a Moogerfooger Freqbox. The amp was clipping the mic so i'll make a new clip tonight and post it. Furious.....
cavage
mankato rules !

what means mankato btw ?
fluxmonkey
cavage wrote:
mankato rules !

what means mankato btw ?


town in MN, thom lives there
Kwote
that might explain the sheboygan vco smile
tragedybysyntax
Again I want to say this baby is amazing! Been doing crazy stuff patching all the angle outs to different things in sync with a sequencer and allowing the mankato to modulate the entire patch! Handsdown sick! smile
parasitk
tragedybysyntax wrote:
Again I want to say this baby is amazing! Been doing crazy stuff patching all the angle outs to different things in sync with a sequencer and allowing the mankato to modulate the entire patch! Handsdown sick! smile


And this sounds like.... Mr. Green
tragedybysyntax
I have hours of jams to upload this week for us all to listen to! smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group