MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

quad plague bearer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author quad plague bearer
matttech
i don't know why, but i feel strangely attracted to this device - maybe it's just my being a sucker for anything modular that doesn't take up space in my case!

it does look fun though.....are there any decent demos of it anywhere? (or even of the normal plague bearer, for that matter)

or does anyone own one of these?

i'd be interested to know what you can get out of it....it mentions being able to use it as an oscillator (a wierd one, i'm guessing...)
zerosum
I have used a single PB and it will oscillate and respond to voltage control, so yeah you can use it as a cool osc.

Just noticed that this is in the euro section, but we aren't talking about euro modules, you are curious about the tabletop module correct?

Would you mind if this thread was moved to the dedicated Flight of Harmony section?

Having information in the dedicated subforums makes it easier to find manufacturer specific information later.
matttech
zerosum wrote:
I have used a single PB and it will oscillate and respond to voltage control, so yeah you can use it as a cool osc.

Just noticed that this is in the euro section, but we aren't talking about euro modules, you are curious about the tabletop module correct?

Would you mind if this thread was moved to the dedicated Flight of Harmony section?

Having information in the dedicated subforums makes it easier to find manufacturer specific information later.


sorry - my mistake!

the demos on the flight of harmony website are awful - they just sound rubbish - guitars and stuff going through it....certainly not any guitar sound i would want! if someone could point me in the direction of some decent demos that'd be good (which begs the question - why exactly am i interested in it if i haven't heard anything i like yet? ....i'm just a sucker for the look of it...i imagine myself making unearthly howling noises with it)
Kodama
If it is any thing like the current PB, it is likely insane when combined with things like wave folders, filters, delays, shifters. Seems like a good price too!
hednoize
zerosum wrote:
I have used a single PB and it will oscillate and respond to voltage control, so yeah you can use it as a cool osc.


Dude those are some sick sounds. Best PB demo ever. applause
VanEck
I own a Quad. It is awesome x4.

No demo's though. Perhaps I'll do one tonight if I have time.
HeWhoWantsJeans
hednoize wrote:
zerosum wrote:
I have used a single PB and it will oscillate and respond to voltage control, so yeah you can use it as a cool osc.


Dude those are some sick sounds. Best PB demo ever. applause

+1

I was thinking about trying to self-oscillate my PB's a few weeks ago - now I have inspiration. SlayerBadger!
noisetheorem
Thats a damn sweet demo!

Ive got a single PB on the way. Really looking forward to manhandling it.
felixer
zerosum wrote:
I have used a single PB and it will oscillate and respond to voltage control, so yeah you can use it as a cool osc.

sounds great thumbs up my pb doesn't seem to do that hmmm..... it's a newer/smd/bare-bones version. it does everything the manual says. nice distortion. but i was hoping it would do self osc over a wider range .... more like my ms-20 .... was already thinking about modding it. but maybe i'm doing something wrong? help
zerosum
Thanks for listening guys smile

Quote:
my pb doesn't seem to do that


Patch a PB output into a PB input thumbs up
feedback loop=oscillations w00t
matttech
VanEck wrote:
I own a Quad. It is awesome x4.

No demo's though. Perhaps I'll do one tonight if I have time.


Would love to hear your quad plague bearer in action! Let us know if you get round to doing a demo. I've been having LOTS of fun with my little starter system , the Mfb kraftzwerg.....man, for the money you just can't go wrong. Now just waiting for my doepfer monster base case to get to the shop!
zerosum
zerosum wrote:

Quote:
my pb doesn't seem to do that


Patch a PB output into a PB input thumbs up
feedback loop=oscillations w00t


Ok I just recreated the patch today.(with a euro rack, the recording above was made with a frac system)
I noticed what is making the oscillations more pronounced is thumping the VCA input with a fast envelope at audio rate modulation speeds.

Another thing to try is to feed a clock pulse into the audio input to get it thumpin a bit more.
felixer
zerosum wrote:
zerosum wrote:

Quote:
my pb doesn't seem to do that


Patch a PB output into a PB input thumbs up
feedback loop=oscillations w00t


d'oh! offcourse .... that's why there are two of each Mr. Green
zerosum
Ok, I made some crappy videos and some audio for you guys, check it out:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=428291#428291
zerosum
zerosum wrote:

Just noticed that this is in the euro section, but we aren't talking about euro modules, you are curious about the tabletop module correct?


Of course after i said that I totally contradicted myself and started talking about euro modules d'oh! hihi

But that first audio post I made was done with a frac rack,
these videos were done with a frac module stuffed in a euro rack,
sometimes its hard to know where to post stuff, I now understand lol

Sometimes with other modules in the patch its hard to say what is exactly doing what, the PB is oscillating, but it is also getting help from other oscillating sources. hmmm..... Everything is an oscillator lol
matttech
zerosum wrote:
I have used a single PB and it will oscillate and respond to voltage control, so yeah you can use it as a cool osc.

Just noticed that this is in the euro section, but we aren't talking about euro modules, you are curious about the tabletop module correct?

Would you mind if this thread was moved to the dedicated Flight of Harmony section?

Having information in the dedicated subforums makes it easier to find manufacturer specific information later.


liking the sound of this now....so that is JUST the PB self-oscillating?
CursedFrogurt
I have one, it's awesome. Here's stuff from several other threads. I can whip up some new stuff if you want any specific kinds of demos.

PB as Drums:
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/plague-drums-test
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/plague-drums-woggle-song
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/plague-jam-2

PB as the Voice of the Dead
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/plague-banshee

Significant amount of PB on this track, most of the wounded animal noises (but not the birdie chirrups)
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/the-menagerie

PB (modulated by Vulcan and Wogglebug) provides the background noise floor and swamp sounds
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/plague-swamp-cyborg

PB Modulated by several other modules, but is the only sound source. Blurp.
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/modular-force-team-bravo-solo-expedit ion-two-a-wet-and-mucuous-affair

AFG provides the main drone, with four separate voices of self-oscillating PB's
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/modular-force-2-concerto-for-afg-and- plague-bearer

My first day with the Quad, before I owned any modules. The PB is the ONLY thing used, it's just feeding back into itself in every way possible. No external modulation.
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/plague-bearer

Hope that helps some smile
zerosum
matttech wrote:
zerosum wrote:
I have used a single PB and it will oscillate and respond to voltage control, so yeah you can use it as a cool osc.

Just noticed that this is in the euro section, but we aren't talking about euro modules, you are curious about the tabletop module correct?

Would you mind if this thread was moved to the dedicated Flight of Harmony section?

Having information in the dedicated subforums makes it easier to find manufacturer specific information later.


liking the sound of this now....so that is JUST the PB self-oscillating?


For the most part yeah.
I also had an envelope feeding the CV in, but the envelope was set to oscillation frequencies, so it is possible that all the oscillations are related to the envelope.
The PB is responsible for what you hear, but it got some help.
I'll investigate further and let you know thumbs up
zerosum
CursedFrogurt wrote:
I have one, it's awesome. Here's stuff from several other threads. I can whip up some new stuff if you want any specific kinds of demos.

PB as Drums:
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/plague-drums-test
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/plague-drums-woggle-song
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/plague-jam-2

PB as the Voice of the Dead
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/plague-banshee

Significant amount of PB on this track, most of the wounded animal noises (but not the birdie chirrups)
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/the-menagerie

PB (modulated by Vulcan and Wogglebug) provides the background noise floor and swamp sounds
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/plague-swamp-cyborg

PB Modulated by several other modules, but is the only sound source. Blurp.
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/modular-force-team-bravo-solo-expedit ion-two-a-wet-and-mucuous-affair

AFG provides the main drone, with four separate voices of self-oscillating PB's
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/modular-force-2-concerto-for-afg-and- plague-bearer

My first day with the Quad, before I owned any modules. The PB is the ONLY thing used, it's just feeding back into itself in every way possible. No external modulation.
http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/plague-bearer

Hope that helps some smile


Dude hyper w00t eek!
WOW!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group