MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sherman QMF Quad X2!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Sherman QMF Quad X2!!
Alienation
I have been watching a Sherman QMF Quad on Ebay and another popped up. One is at $2000.00 at the moment (the one I'd bid on if I could afford it) and another at $3400+something "Buy it Now".

You don't see these everyday and it raises the question as to what one of these things would be like to have.

I love my Sherman and at just one unit occupying it's space in my rack I can't imagine having four of those things going at once. Utter Chaos bliss I would imagine.

Has anyone out there heard a quad in action? I guess you could say there can never be enough sound manipulation in one's arsenal but they just look awesome and huge. Gear lust is kickin' bad today man. :shock:
Muff Wiggler
indeed they are pretty damn rare!! i've seen one or two for sale over about the last 5 years. I think there's 25 of them in total or something like that? At least one has been stolen, I remember the serial number is posted at the Sherman website.

Very cool for the most dedicated filter freak! Probably the most lust-inducing device.

Not for me though - I've already got 14 filters or something like that in my synth, and almost all of them have more comprehensive CV options and routing options compared to a QMF

I also have the software Quad Frohmage, which is my favorite soft filter, which takes a lot of inspiration from the QMF....

But yeah, I would be pretty damn happy if someone gave me one! But I would sell it off quickly and put the cash into two or three Wiard modules or something like that. There's a hell of a lot more mileage to be had out of $2000 than a 4-pack of filters.

No offense Sherman.. I know these things sell like hotcakes whenever they come up for sale, and like I said I wouldn't turn one down....

I guess I sort of think one Sherman is enough for anyone after 'that sound'. One thing I would MUCH MUCH rather have at a lower price, just for example...is a MachineDrum UW... wow oh wow... oops
zerosum
Quote:
I love my Sherman and at just one unit occupying it's space in my rack I can't imagine having four of those things going at once.

Im with you man, I love mine and i will have another and link them together.
I'd love to have 4 but will most likely stop at 2,
I have an old FB1 and will get an FB2 rack version.
These things rock!

Quote:
But yeah, I would be pretty damn happy if someone gave me one! But I would sell it off quickly

NO! bad monkey! lol (hits you with rolled up newspaper)
Just kidding lol I understand the practicality of what you are talking about and it does make sense, but I couldnt do it.

hehehe I love my sherman and want another after i get other stuff.
kryptic
I'm with Muff. It sure looks like a lot of fun, but for $2000 (the auction might even go higher than that) a lot more could be had. Strange that two would come up for auction at once though. According to the Sherman site only 95 of these were made.
Alienation
Yeah, when you get down to it, for the cash there are ALOT of other lovely goodies you could acquire.

I'd still buy one if I had the cash. heh heh twisted
Chuck E. Jesus
i'm thinking of maybe getting another doepfer filter, the multimode 12db thingy, that way i can do true band reject with my other one, stereo, and whatnot...they got several for 144 bucks used at AH...but if anyone wants to throw down a few grand, more power to ya lol

(it's gotten very lonely on thee doepfer thread, may just have to ditch the thing)
Muff Wiggler
zerosum wrote:
I understand the practicality of what you are talking about and it does make sense, but I couldnt do it.

true true - we all have things like that, 'personal weakness' items I guess for lack of a better term...

from time to time I think what my completely unused collection of FUCKING AWESOME cymbals would fetch me, and all the goodness I could buy for that money.

but...could never bring myself to do it.

last week - oh man - last week I almost sold my upright bass. Even placed the ad. Even got some responses. But untimately couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger... wise decision, I would have seriously regretted that one oops
Muff Wiggler
ross g wrote:
(it's gotten very lonely on thee doepfer thread, may just have to ditch the thing)

cry we just need to get some more Doepfer users over here! I think you're the only one. C'mon, go drum up some traffic for us, some more Doepfer heads would be awesome to have around here.

Actually, I think Whyterabbyt was the very first person to ever sign up for this forum! Like the day I activated it or something... but he's never posted!! He's one of the biggest Doepfer users I know. C'mon Sean, let's get some posts from you bro.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1