First "noise" live performance with my frac modula

Discussing gear, production, and ideas for making noise music. Enough JMJ, let's rock like Merzbow!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

solitaryzen
Veteran Wiggler

First "noise" live performance with my frac modula

Post by solitaryzen » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:14 pm

http://soundcloud.com/zenparadox/live-at-discobeans

This was actually an "encore" performance, as the main part of my set finished quite abruptly and it seemed the small audience wanted to be subjected to a bit more :) Unfortunately, I forgot to hit record for the main part of the set (which I think was better).

adamf
Common Wiggler
Location: Ya know. Melbourne Orstralia mate! Where people play footy with VB cans and have sex with utes.

Post by adamf » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:50 pm

Cool... Steve Law?? (I'm guessing/assuming). I'm also from Melbourne and your projects/recordings/audio techniques have been a long standing inspiration to me. When did you get into Farc and what modules are you using? I have a gradually growing Frac system (plus a Euro system).
Thanks

solitaryzen
Veteran Wiggler

Post by solitaryzen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:49 am

Thanks Adam (yeah, it's me :) ).

I'm in the process of putting together a large frac system. Currently have three racks running, but much more on the way. The above recording was centered around the Zeroscillator which I just got a couple of weeks ago - also involved in the complex patch was a Blacet VCO, Binary Zone, Mixer/Processor, LFO, Window Comparator & Super VCA, Bugbrand PRC5 & DD3 & MOTM Ladder Filter.

spbaker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by spbaker » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:01 am

a-mazing! :hail:
new DVD out now Fracture
things to listen to and look at:
http://abreojos.net

Luka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Luka » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:42 am

You played an amazing set at Ae. Looking forward to this steve

adamf
Common Wiggler
Location: Ya know. Melbourne Orstralia mate! Where people play footy with VB cans and have sex with utes.

Post by adamf » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:10 am

solitaryzen wrote: The above recording was centered around the Zeroscillator which I just got a couple of weeks ago - also involved in the complex patch was a Blacet VCO, Binary Zone, Mixer/Processor, LFO, Window Comparator & Super VCA, Bugbrand PRC5 & DD3 & MOTM Ladder Filter.
Some nice modules there. The Zeroscillator was a good score. I've recently ordered a Cloud Generator osc from Blacet. Might be a little while before they ship though. My favourites (so far) are the Hex Zone, MOTM looping ADSR, Wiard boogie, Flight's Plague Bearer, along with the Metalbox Super Psycho LFO, Digital Noise and Tube VCA... come to think of it that's just about all of my Frac!

How do you find the new modular stuff compared with vintage analogue gear that you've used in the past?

solitaryzen
Veteran Wiggler

Post by solitaryzen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:24 pm

So far I'm really happy with the Blacet modules, and though I have spent very little time with it as yet, the Zeroscillator is fantastic. I'll have at least one of pretty much every Blacet module soon, and a bunch of other things. I love the two Bugbrand modules that I got recently, so I'm very keen to get more of those when they become available.

Adam-V
Count Modula

Post by Adam-V » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Frac FTW!!!

Although most of my frac rig is DIY, I've got a few Blacet modules now and they are all excellent. I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of John's offerings.

Nice noise track too.

Cheers,
Adam-V

Return to “Synth Noise”