MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Flame Clockwork Euro Module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Flame Clockwork Euro Module
MrDys
Just ran across this while I was looking for notes on how to use the Clockwork as a midi-cv converter:

I might have to replace my standalone unit with this one for the additional 16th output. :(
dkcg
MrDys wrote:
Just ran across this while I was looking for notes on how to use the Clockwork as a midi-cv converter:

[img=http://flame.fortschritt-musik.de/images/Clockwork_modular_Simula tion_v100_kl_web.jpg]

I might have to replace my standalone unit with this one for the additional 16th output. :(

I was in contact with Per this weekend. He estimates about a month or so before they start shipping. I love sending the clock to a divider and using longer random gates to logicalize it for more rhythmic goodness. smile
Glitchmachines
Looks pretty promising. There's too much good shit coming out for me to keep up help

Kinda makes me fondly look back 10 years, at the days when I endured a solid diet of spaghetti and water so that I could spend 2K+ a month on gear Champagne
tony d
how is the clockwork to use w/ the modular ?

i have tried to find info about it from actuall users and haven't had muck luck. looks really useful and flexible.

i have thought about replacing my maq 16/3 w/ the clockwork or echometer but as i said can't find any good reviews of either (and i don't know how to take " makes a funny modular tool" )
plord
I hope you guys like the layout, we went through about 35 revisions and the final version may be different yet once the PCBs arrive.

But still: ROCK. This will be awesome.
dkcg
The only thing I wish it had was an LED readout of the BPM. Other than that, I love it. All my midi and anything I need synced in modularland, are covered by it. midi clock based instruments, effects and delays, all respond to one knob. Like the center of timing for pretty much everything for me now. I'm not sure I need the M28 Tap Clock after getting the Clockworks.

I don't think it would replace something like a Maq16 tho.
wetterberg
dkcg wrote:
I don't think it would replace something like a Maq16 tho.
no, it absolutely doesn't; the MAQ has 3 1v/oct outs, too, which isn't covered by the Flame stuff.
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
I never really thought of this as a sequencer any way, more of an add-on to a sequencer you already have. Makes it mo-betta smile

awesome layout btw!!
plord
Everything is PCB mounted, so it *should* be a pretty shallow module. and I am all-in on those "DIY mods for +/- 15V operation" smile I've got a blue panel all sorted out, just waiting on the final go ahead when Per gets the boards.

I've been sitting on this one for months, I'm glad they finally announced SlayerBadger!
MrDys
tony d wrote:

I use it in every patch. It's my main clock/trigger source. It's definitely something you have to spend some time with to really understand, though. It's also amazing with drum machines via MIDI.

dkcg wrote:
The only thing I wish it had was an LED readout of the BPM.

Like, 7 segment readout of the BPM? Because it already has a flashing LED indicating the BPM.
dkcg
MrDys wrote:
tony d wrote:

I use it in every patch. It's my main clock/trigger source. It's definitely something you have to spend some time with to really understand, though. It's also amazing with drum machines via MIDI.

dkcg wrote:
The only thing I wish it had was an LED readout of the BPM.

Like, 7 segment readout of the BPM? Because it already has a flashing LED indicating the BPM.

yup, like the Z3000. a decimal accurate one would be better, but segment and one decimal place would be awesome. I've been using the RS-290 to figure out what the tempo is at, but if clockworks told me that would be sweet.
plord
dkcg wrote:
yup, like the Z3000. a decimal accurate one would be better, but segment and one decimal place would be awesome. I've been using the RS-290 to figure out what the tempo is at, but if clockworks told me that would be sweet.

I hear you but there's simply no space unless you yanked something else out of the circuit. I drive my Clockwork from the Mobius and that's the best of both worlds. Clock is tight as hell, and the Mobius has the LED tempo readout (and another source of 16th clock, among its other features).
Luka
plord is it possible to get faceplate-less versions or just pcbs?
plord
You'd have to ask Per at Flame, all I did was flex my FPD skills and suggest some placement ideas to help with cable management. AFAIK it will come in 12V for Euro in silver as shown, any changes (15V, panel) will be the responsibility of the user.
REwire
I probably will sell my Flame standalone and get this. It is the ultimate clock and sync box. I feed it with Midi clock, which it handles the start and stop commands perfectly. It drives everything and is far more accurate than my Midi-CV converter's clock outputs. The "sum" output is my favorite; creates awesome multi rhythms.
futuresoundsystems
Nice nice nice! Hopefully the Speakjet module comes soon.... hihi
Luka
how much do you guys want for your standalone units?
astroschnautzer
NICE!
scozbor
yup would be interested if anyone is selling off standalone units 8)
plord
Well let me get my module in house and confirm 15V operation, then yeah, I'll probably move mine smile
dkcg
plord wrote:
Well let me get my module in house and confirm 15V operation, then yeah, I'll probably move mine smile

Are you going to make a "wiard" panel for it? Mr. Green

What are people doing with theirs now? Just sit there on a table/ledge? Velcro'd onto something? Racked up somehow?
Glitchmachines
REwire wrote:
I probably will sell my Flame standalone and get this. It is the ultimate clock and sync box. I feed it with Midi clock, which it handles the start and stop commands perfectly. It drives everything and is far more accurate than my Midi-CV converter's clock outputs. The "sum" output is my favorite; creates awesome multi rhythms.

Any chance you could post some examples?
plord
dkcg wrote:
Are you going to make a "wiard" panel for it? Mr. Green
Color yes, shape...maybe. The one I've been mocking up so far is in Frac, it's a full 6" wide. I'm *not* completely sure it would fit into a double-wide Wiard module. But if it did...oooh, what to put above it? A Pulse Divider/Logic plus a Splitter? Metalbox Gate Sequencer?

Quote:
What are people doing with theirs now? Just sit there on a table/ledge? Velcro'd onto something? Racked up somehow?

I've got it sitting next to the 606 in the shallow slant of one of my L shaped cases; both of those are on a Moog shelf (the one for 2 x CP-nnn), and the Mobius provides a "floor" for them to rest on. Works ok as long as you're not rockin' it like a pinball machine.
Montag
Yowch, this is hot! Awesome design. Drums!

How will this compare in price to the non-euro version?
dkcg
acrodot wrote:

Any chance you could post some examples?

There's one ADSR modulating, but all the modulations that are changing are from the Clockworks. It's great, probably great with Moogerfoogers and such as well as anything that takes a CV.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3