Flame Clockwork Euro Module

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Post by plord » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 am

wetterberg wrote:
plord wrote:Still would love help with the right part number for the connector.
they're 16-pin IDC connectors - or do you mean that particular connector? Or the male side of it?
Isn't what you really need there a pin out diagram for Doepfer-style euro-rack?
Andreas.
I've got a better schematic from Per on the pin out, so I'm good there. But I'm hoping that there is a male locking connector that will make a secure connection to this thing, that I can pull 4 wires off and run to a Blacet/MOTM standard female header and run off my usual.

wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wetterberg » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:37 am

good news is: There are - which electronics stores do you buy from?

wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wetterberg » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:39 am

http://www.rapidonline.com/Cables-Conne ... tors/63684 - is one example - you'll want the 19-0205 type

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Post by plord » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:43 am

Ah, of course, Blacet has the pinout diagrams for converting Euro to Frac. Just need the connector now, or else I'll be splicing wires which seems like a stupid way to go about things.

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Post by plord » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:43 am

You're way faster than me! Thanks!

tragedybysyntax
Banned until Restitution Made

Post by tragedybysyntax » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:59 am

So this thing looks really slick...... question tho, how would this be better than using a model 28 tap clock and a pulse divider logic from metalbox? (those are how I manipulate clock's)

THanks in advance! (I'm currently using a doepfer mcv4 to bring my bent drum machine into the modular realm) Curious on this....

Reptil
In space no one can hear you wiggle

Post by Reptil » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:49 am

plord wrote:
Reptil wrote:one question please about the record function:
say I made a recording of the last 2 bars, and I want to take this with me, if I power down the clockwork is the recorded pattern gone?
very interesting!
I've got no idea, I never had enough of a grip on the recording function to test it out and now the rig is in disarray. I'll try it out when I get things powered and mounted up.
my own rig is a HUGE mess
I just moved and can't fit everything in my tiny appartment
it's a big pile of (washed but un-ironed) clothes, unpaid and paid bills, cables, synths, microphone stands, (parts of) mixing desks, flightcases, soldering irons, and loose parts in boxes and my complete record collection stacked everywhere.
aarrgg :help:

anyway I'd appreciate the info of course! :party:
maybe the Echometer is something for me?
weirdo triplets gni gni gni

thanks!

plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler

Post by plord » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:40 pm

tragedybysyntax wrote:So this thing looks really slick...... question tho, how would this be better than using a model 28 tap clock and a pulse divider logic from metalbox? (those are how I manipulate clock's)
I do not know the model 28 very well. Can you pull 3 different clock/gate signals off it simultaneously? It seems so, but they look to be locked to quarter, eighth, and triplet 8ths, right? Then to get different articulation you flip the switches?

The primary difference with the clockwork is you have variable gate length, swing/shuffle, and a randomizer built in. Plus the mysterious record function. and the beat-locked LFOs. and probably something I'm forgetting.

But if you're rockin' the model 28 and pulse divider and that works for your music, keep rockin' it. :sb:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”