MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

So... How are we doing?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synthetic Sound Labs  
Author So... How are we doing?
dslocum
WE LOVE feedback. It helps us grow and enables us to understand what our customers (and potential customers) think of our products, service and approach.

Please tell us - candidly via PM if you wish - your stories. No holds barred. We can take it!

For instance...
1) Do we need to provide (better) documentation?
2) Are our product descriptions accurate enough to make your purchase decisions?
3) Would you do anything differently, if you were us?
4) Are you a spy for a competitor? :-)
5) Are you happy with the range of our products?
6) What product(s) would you suggest that we add?

Anything else you'd care to add is most welcome. Just let us know if we are meeting your synth needs.

Regards
Christopher Winkels
My thoughts:

1) Do we need to provide (better) documentation?
Not necessarily. I've never had any particular issues with figuring out basic functions. Documentation is pretty good as it stands, and while it's always nice to have good printed materials, what's twice as helpful are links to YouTube instructional videos that can lead me to explore some of the esoteric aspects of a module. I've always been best taught through the "Winky see, Winky do" method of pedagogy.

2) Are our product descriptions accurate enough to make your purchase decisions?
Yes.

This is going to sound supremely petty, but I would get rid of the frames on your website. I like the aesthetic of it, but to constantly have the header, sidebar, and footer when looking at a module's specs is a bit annoying.
What I do especially like is that you solicit input on a module before releasing it. That, and you ship right away.

"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

I would love to see a module that primarily functions as a sound generating source (self-oscillating filters and LFOs cranked up to the audio realm don't - in this instance - count). A really worthy VCO with a couple of clever features, or something with an extremely high quality digital signal like a Cylonic Cyclebox would be most welcome.

See #5.
zerosum
Quote:

Yes thumbs up

Quote:

I don't have any direct experience with your modules except for your digital delay which i only briefly tried out.(and loved it!)

That said, I am very excited about your modules and what you are bringing to 5U thumbs up

Quad LFO, tap tempo LFO, digital delay, samplecorder, and VC envelope are all modules that I plan on adding to my system when I can afford to.

Keep doing what you do and when I get some in my system I will be sure to tell others about them! 8_)
fac
I only have the Digital Delay, which I'm very happy with. I definitely plan to buy more SSL stuff, but due to shipping and importing taxes, it's a bit expensive for me to buy one module at a time, so I have to wait until I can afford various modules.... probably in a couple months.

While I think the whole lineup is interesting, and would like to eventually buy a Steiner filter, a Samplecorder, and a second delay, right now I'm interested in the Tap Tempo LFO and a couple of the upcoming 1MU VCOs.

What would I like to see? Well, I know there's the upcoming VCEG, but I would love to see a west-coast style attack-decay EG with VC stages and looping, all in 1 MU, similar to the Malekko/Wiard Envelator.

Other things I'd love to see (all of them in 1MU):

- 1MU VC sample-rate reduction / bit-crushing (input, output, samplerate and bitrate knobs, SR and BR CV inputs and depth knobs)
- 1MU clocked shift-register (signal and clock inputs, 4 outputs)
- 1MU multiple-division clock divider (e.g., two inputs: clock and reset, and several outputs: clock/2, /3, /4, /6, /8, etc)
Christopher Winkels
fac wrote:

Other things I'd love to see (all of them in 1MU):

- 1MU multiple-division clock divider (e.g., two inputs: clock and reset, and several outputs: clock/2, /3, /4, /6, /8, etc)

That would definitely come in handy for anyone with more than one sequencer. Excellent suggestion.
whitewulfe
dslocum wrote:
WE LOVE feedback. It helps us grow and enables us to understand what our customers (and potential customers) think of our products, service and approach.

Anything else you'd care to add is most welcome. Just let us know if we are meeting your synth needs.

Some questions I'm unable to comment on due to not having made any purchases, but still... ^_^

I would definitely say yes.

Nope. You're one of the few companies that gets an idea, then solicits public feedback before and during prototyping, as opposed to how some companies operate on a more fly by night kind of method

No, I'm a ninja, there's a difference ya know razz I'm from the competition bureau of screaming wallets.

Definitely!

I'll second what Mr.. I mean Lord Tweed has stated about the frames... Honestly, I don't mind the frames that much, but the hard coded size is slightly irritating on my screens (3,840x1080 resolution is what I'm running, aka two 21.5" widescreen LCDs running at 1920x1080 each), especially the 2 5/8" black bar of doom along the bottom of the screen. Yes, I pulled out a tape measure for that *laughs*

A 256 step sequencer? ... Why of course I'm insane, you didn't hear that genius has it's limits? razz

I know it's something that's been overdone, but any thoughts on an MS-20 filter?
doctoranalog
You need to slow down your shipping. Less than a week from when I ordered to when I received my modules. You're making everyone else look bad.
dogoftears
i'm just gonna chime in and say that if you made that tap-tempo LFO in Eurorack format, you could make at least
dslocum
dogoftears wrote:
i'm just gonna chime in and say that if you made that tap-tempo LFO in Eurorack format, you could make at least

JUST YOU WAIT!!!!!!!!!! Late October, I'm hoping.
dslocum
I've finally gotten a few minute to remove the annoying scrolling frames on our web site. I was afraid that it wouldn't have the effect I originally wanted, but now that I see it, it's actually pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up guys!

It also works properly in Safari now!
dude
you seem more than awesome to me. i have never bought your modules as they are the wrong format for me but i love your site and wander around it from time to time. i am not likely answering your questions from the op as i didn't read it all but what charms me about yo is that i have never seen any manufacturer more connected to their user community and so willing to take feedback directly to change things. it is very cool to see.

fuck yeah!
dslocum
dude wrote:
you seem more than awesome to me. i have never bought your modules as they are the wrong format for me but i love your site and wander around it from time to time. i am not likely answering your questions from the op as i didn't read it all but what charms me about yo is that i have never seen any manufacturer more connected to their user community and so willing to take feedback directly to change things. it is very cool to see.

fuck yeah!

I'm nearly in tears from your kind words. Thank you so much. oops nanners
mecanikill
1) Do we need to provide (better) documentation? Nope.

2) Are our product descriptions accurate enough to make your purchase decisions? Without a doubt.

3) Would you do anything differently, if you were us? Maybe some one of a kind custom stuff.

4) Are you a spy for a competitor? :-) No I am a bot.

5) Are you happy with the range of our products? 101% happy.

6) What product(s) would you suggest that we add? Touch plate force sensing touch plate module for 5U skiffs, a really sick ass MS-20 filter along the lines of the Corgasmatron, something like Maths and some 808 and 909 drum modules broke into single 1 space units so 5U peeps can have some drum modules mixing and matching what they want.
steffengrondahl
My 50 cent:

1) Do we need to provide (better) documentation? No.
2) Are our product descriptions accurate enough to make your purchase decisions? Yes.
3) Would you do anything differently, if you were us? See #6.
4) Are you a spy for a competitor? :-) Nope.
5) Are you happy with the range of our products? See #6.
Just a thought: You have a tap tempo LFO and a delay, so what about a tap tempo delay? Or even better: A tap tempo delay with two outputs and a switch for normal delay (identical outputs) or ping-pong delay (then the outputs will be left and right respectively). I would love to have such a module and could easily use a couple for sequencing stuff.

FYI: I got a Quad LFO (the first module I bought) and two delays. All top notch thumbs up
slovo
sorry double post confused
slovo
This is a super cool thread and I hope everyone else imitates it (genuinely) soon. I am also not yet a purchaser but I hit your website often and drool. Big improvement w the site design, btw. you have to count on everyone using crazy-size (crazybig and crazysmall) screens these days.

I'd love to see more diode filters myself. I just can't get enough squelch. I think, technically, I'm using that word wrong but I don't care. I have been playing with a ton of softsynth demos lately and I'm a really big fan of filters with built-in amps. If you have the space, why not let everyone easily dial in as much SQUELCH as you can deliver? Also, serial offset filters. CV offset filters. mmmm. Now I feel like a donut... :9
Moog$FooL$
do you do kits??
if not..... why not?
seriously, i just don't get it
Eric G
Hi.
How do I buy the O'tool module?
The only source I've seen is "noisebugpomona" on ebay.
I know that we have "Escape from noise" here in Sweden, but they don't stock MU modules.
Bryan B
I will sum up all of my thoughts on SSL with the following:

You guys set the bar impossibly high. You consistently have top notch quality in look and build. You continually offer modules that push the boundaries of what was available and most importantly you allow discussion on your designs among the very people that will use and love them (as well as implementing suggestions wherever possible). When you make a mistake you correct it, so you have my trust as a consumer.

I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe hire more people, create a large stock and market like crazy! You could easily be selling complete systems at some point.
dslocum
Eric G wrote:
Hi.
The only source I've seen is "noisebugpomona" on ebay.
I know that we have "Escape from noise" here in Sweden, but they don't stock MU modules.

Hi!

Forget if I replied to you or not. Sorry for the delay.

We still have a few in stock if you are still interested. We can do Paypal. Please let me know. My email is: dslocum@steamsynth.com

Best

Doug
Samuron
Absolutely love my DDVCO, and I can testify that you hold a black belt from the Shawn Cleary school of Tape-Fu.
lvoemachine
I love my seguencer (i catch myself fanboi-ing it up about it in "what should I buy" threads all the time) and I can't wait to get a few more things of yours in my case. I really wish you'd bring back the samplecorder, though. That's one of those modules that's sorely missed in moog format, IMO. I know you built it out of some rare chips, but is there a way to redo it with more common parts?
Bryan B
If they remake the Samplecorder, it would be awesome to add a toggle on off with the gate input so the sample didn't have to play to the end each time it was triggered. That would add a lot of uses for it.

Probably not a way to allow it to sample DC as well as AC signals, right?
Eric G
dslocum wrote:
Eric G wrote:
Hi.

We still have a few in stock if you are still interested. We can do Paypal. Please let me know. Doug

Oh, no, I see they're out of stock now! sad banana
Will you provide more, and in that case when?
Shall I order now to get in the line?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synthetic Sound Labs  
Page 1 of 1