Have you ever...

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

MrDys
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Have you ever...

Post by MrDys » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:16 am

...thought to yourself "I have a great idea for a module that no one has come up with. I am so smart." only to find out that it already exists?

The latest case of this exact thing happening to me (oh yes, it's happened more than once) is the Encore Electronics Universal Event Generator. I've been trying to figure out a way to make an insanely similar module for a couple months now (but given my lack of advanced electronics knowledge, it hasn't gotten very far).

Worst part of it all, EE no longer manufactures the UEG. :(

dougcl
Number 6

Post by dougcl » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:25 am

All I want is a module with a gain knob and an offset knob. The gain is polarizing and goes from say 20db inverted to 20db non-inverted. The offset knob goes from say -8 to 8 volts DC. The module can process either CV or audio. It has a single input and a single output.

As far as I know this module does not exist. A quad version would be perfect.

JohnLRice

Re: Have you ever...

Post by JohnLRice » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:52 am

MrDys wrote:...thought to yourself "I have a great idea for a module that no one has come up with. I am so smart." only to find out that it already exists?

The latest case of this exact thing happening to me (oh yes, it's happened more than once) is the Encore Electronics Universal Event Generator. I've been trying to figure out a way to make an insanely similar module for a couple months now (but given my lack of advanced electronics knowledge, it hasn't gotten very far).

Worst part of it all, EE no longer manufactures the UEG. :(
You could always do my over extended financial situation a favor and out bid me on this one that's on Ebay! (actually I'm already out bid!): :help:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Encore-UEG-MOTM-For ... 0312774407

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:57 am

dougcl wrote:All I want is a module with a gain knob and an offset knob. The gain is polarizing and goes from say 20db inverted to 20db non-inverted. The offset knob goes from say -8 to 8 volts DC. The module can process either CV or audio. It has a single input and a single output.

You mean something sorta like this? :hmm:
http://www.synthesizers.com/q125.html

dougcl
Number 6

Post by dougcl » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:02 am

Ha ha! Well I was hoping that would happen. Yes that exactly, (looks gift horse in mouth) in euro format.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:08 am

dougcl wrote:Ha ha! Well I was hoping that would happen. Yes that exactly, (looks gift horse in mouth) in euro format.
:hihi: It's never TOO easy, is it?

I don't follow Euro or Frac too closely but I bet there is something similar out there . . . at least in DIY land . . .

chromium
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Have you ever...

Post by chromium » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:11 am

MrDys wrote:Worst part of it all, EE no longer manufactures the UEG. :(
Saw that UEG pop up, and when I went to look up Encore's price I also noticed that they quit offering their freq shifter in 5U format. That's a shame.

I had bought my FS used from that same Ebay seller - good guy to deal with.

makenoise
Ultra Wiggler

Post by makenoise » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:04 am

dougcl wrote:All I want is a module with a gain knob and an offset knob. The gain is polarizing and goes from say 20db inverted to 20db non-inverted. The offset knob goes from say -8 to 8 volts DC. The module can process either CV or audio. It has a single input and a single output.

Hey, will this not be the answer to your prayers?

http://www.doepfer.de/a1832.htm

Tony

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:33 pm

fwiw - i emailed roger at synthesizers.com about the signal processor a while ago and it will work (albeit with slightly reduced output voltages) fine on +/-12v. it's a fairly small board behind that big panel.

REwire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by REwire » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:24 pm

Doepfer recently had a poll to build a new module I've been wanting something like for years - a Tendency Processor Module. It would basically be a high and low pass filter that could limit the upper and lower range of CV or audio input. Great for random processing where you may want only a range of -2 to +4volts or any range you select. I hope he makes it!

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”