MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Have you ever...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Have you ever...
MrDys
...thought to yourself "I have a great idea for a module that no one has come up with. I am so smart." only to find out that it already exists?

The latest case of this exact thing happening to me (oh yes, it's happened more than once) is the Encore Electronics Universal Event Generator. I've been trying to figure out a way to make an insanely similar module for a couple months now (but given my lack of advanced electronics knowledge, it hasn't gotten very far).

Worst part of it all, EE no longer manufactures the UEG. :(
dougcl
All I want is a module with a gain knob and an offset knob. The gain is polarizing and goes from say 20db inverted to 20db non-inverted. The offset knob goes from say -8 to 8 volts DC. The module can process either CV or audio. It has a single input and a single output.

As far as I know this module does not exist. A quad version would be perfect.
JohnLRice
MrDys wrote:
...thought to yourself "I have a great idea for a module that no one has come up with. I am so smart." only to find out that it already exists?

The latest case of this exact thing happening to me (oh yes, it's happened more than once) is the Encore Electronics Universal Event Generator. I've been trying to figure out a way to make an insanely similar module for a couple months now (but given my lack of advanced electronics knowledge, it hasn't gotten very far).

You could always do my over extended financial situation a favor and out bid me on this one that's on Ebay! (actually I'm already out bid!): help
http://cgi.ebay.com/Encore-UEG-MOTM-Format-Analog-Modular-Synthesizer_ W0QQitemZ280312774407
JohnLRice
dougcl wrote:
All I want is a module with a gain knob and an offset knob. The gain is polarizing and goes from say 20db inverted to 20db non-inverted. The offset knob goes from say -8 to 8 volts DC. The module can process either CV or audio. It has a single input and a single output.

You mean something sorta like this? hmmm.....
http://www.synthesizers.com/q125.html

dougcl
Ha ha! Well I was hoping that would happen. Yes that exactly, (looks gift horse in mouth) in euro format.
JohnLRice
dougcl wrote:
Ha ha! Well I was hoping that would happen. Yes that exactly, (looks gift horse in mouth) in euro format.

hihi It's never TOO easy, is it?

I don't follow Euro or Frac too closely but I bet there is something similar out there . . . at least in DIY land . . .
chromium
MrDys wrote:

Saw that UEG pop up, and when I went to look up Encore's price I also noticed that they quit offering their freq shifter in 5U format. That's a shame.

I had bought my FS used from that same Ebay seller - good guy to deal with.
makenoise
dougcl wrote:

Hey, will this not be the answer to your prayers?

http://www.doepfer.de/a1832.htm

Tony
sandyb
fwiw - i emailed roger at synthesizers.com about the signal processor a while ago and it will work (albeit with slightly reduced output voltages) fine on +/-12v. it's a fairly small board behind that big panel.
REwire
Doepfer recently had a poll to build a new module I've been wanting something like for years - a Tendency Processor Module. It would basically be a high and low pass filter that could limit the upper and lower range of CV or audio input. Great for random processing where you may want only a range of -2 to +4volts or any range you select. I hope he makes it!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1