Plan B direct buy

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

phaedra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by phaedra » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:51 am

I don't suppose that all buyers of Plan B gear are here or elsewhere in a forum. But we knew that nobody mentioned in this thread has got anything from Plan B Direct Buy.
If you are only a few steps far from Helms...are you able to look for the rest of the world what is going on there?
Maybe you can tell Peter what is going on here?
Maybe you can wake him up?

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:07 am

listen, i think it's fair for everyone to get to comment on their experiences with Plan B, to complain if they get bad service.

This thread is getting pretty long and people are being good and decent with each other and I thank you.

As much as I don't like moderating anything, I also don't like providing an open platform for endless negativity.

the last few posts have been good, it's on topic to try to figure out how many ordered modules may have gone out.

please let's keep this thread confined to the original topic, "Plan B direct buy". If you've used the direct buy and received your order it would be great for you to post. If you haven't received your order and get some resolution, and feel like posting, that's cool too. If nothing happens at all, let us know, just not every day. if you want to discuss the general concept of 'plan b direct buy' I think that's ok too

let's not worry any more about "is peter a bad guy/no he's a good guy" and "is he blowing up his business" or "conspiracy" or any of that. There's enough hanging around the record here and at all the other forums and lists for anyone who is interested to see how everyone feels.

You guys are all being cool and I don't think it's going to get vicious or anything but I think all the points have been made unless new news arrives.

thanks for being cool, i love all you guys :love:

phaedra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by phaedra » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:16 am

Hi Muff,
good words and the first thing I will do after having received the paid gear is to say it here and loud, really!

johnchantler
Wiggling with Experience

Post by johnchantler » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:18 am

i was one of the original 12 pre-orders and got the "ready to ship monday, please send money..." email - however, i wanted an ELF LFO, too - but apparently that needed a part before it would be ready... peter told me he was going away, so not to rush to send payment (i haven't) - but i've not heard from him since he got back. communications up until that point were fine by me.

i really want a M32 and would have liked to have got it in this financial year (UK)... but its not looking likely...

J.

sascha.victoria
deleted/nevermind

Post by sascha.victoria » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:56 pm

About half way though the progression of this thread I realized its in Peter's best interest to no be involved in the online commentary of his business. Things on this thread got kind of bad but now they're self regualting on some level.

Don, Grant, and Rex maintain a very low online profile and for the most part people have nothing but good things to say about them. I attribute that to their lack of an online presence and that you have to actually call them to find out what is going on. A lot of intent can be lost in an email for forum posting but things are generally pretty clear when you talk on the phone.

I hope that Peter is able to turn his image around and fulfill his product line. His stuff rocks. And I wish the best for him.

Patiently waiting for modules...
-Sascha

droolmaster0

Post by droolmaster0 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:46 pm

sascha.victoria wrote:About half way though the progression of this thread I realized its in Peter's best interest to no be involved in the online commentary of his business. Things on this thread got kind of bad but now they're self regualting on some level.

Don, Grant, and Rex maintain a very low online profile and for the most part people have nothing but good things to say about them. I attribute that to their lack of an online presence and that you have to actually call them to find out what is going on. A lot of intent can be lost in an email for forum posting but things are generally pretty clear when you talk on the phone.

I hope that Peter is able to turn his image around and fulfill his product line. His stuff rocks. And I wish the best for him.

Patiently waiting for modules...
-Sascha
The problem is that Peter doesn't answer his phone, return phone messages, or return emails. His problems have nothing to do with having an online presence. Bruce Duncan has an online presence, and I've never heard anyone say anything bad about him.

richard
bananaphile

Post by richard » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:12 pm

I hate to be the one to drag this back up , but it just ain't ready to rest

did anyone get their order? or even hear a word from him?

He's sitting on $250 of mine and I didn't hear a word for 7 weeks - started a paypal dispute, blahblablah, this is a horrible situation to be in

WTF? :emt:

Richard

jonkull
Lowest Common Denominator Patcher

Post by jonkull » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:03 pm

Nada...

incekt
Veteran Wiggler

Post by incekt » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:58 pm

i ordered my model 10 on feb 3rd...i started a paypal claim on march 3rd - got my money back through paypal on the 12th- called noisebug and got my module in 3 days...----- i could vent- but i won't.....

dougcl
Number 6

Post by dougcl » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi folks, not sure if I'm the first, but I just received my direct buy order. One M14 and two M10's. Lovely, perfect modules. Thanks to Peter and the Plan B team.

berfmurret
Ultra Wiggler

Post by berfmurret » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:11 pm

great news doug!! its nice to hear about some successful plan b shipments with all of this negativity afloat... and a direct order at that!!

LP

Plan-B ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Post by LP » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Hello boyz....My name is Jennifer and I am Peters girlfriend. I am the reason why he came to connecticut. Check it out, Peter is only one person. He moved his shop location, his home location, rescued his girlfriend, all in a matter of three weeks while still keeping his business running and trying to make everyone happy.

Obviously, he bit off more then anyone can chew. I have only been back in L.A. a couple of weeks and since I have been back, he has delivered over 100 modules to BigCity music, sent out direct orders and has continually been working on the M32's. As-well, he has been working on repairs which only he has the knowledge to do. I speak from first hadn experience when I tell you he is extremely anal and checks each and every module himself befoe it is shipped out!!!

What hasnt he done? He has done a crappy job of communicating with his customers. That is where I have stepped in. I have responded to any customers that have sent him emails and been keeping them abreast at what is going on. Some of his modules, especially his vector plotter,are extremely tedious and time consuming. we are lucky if we get one finished a day. What else hasnt he done? That one is difficult to say since I havent been here that long but I do see him needing help with restocking. It seems he falls behind but I am assuming it is related to his office move. I am going to try to help him.

I understand peoples frustrations with not recieving something you paid for. I, too, would be upset. All I can do is try to assist him and assist you. Here is my email: thelittleleeper@yahoo.com.

A Dingleberry Monstrosity
eat the kids first

Re: Plan-B ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Post by A Dingleberry Monstrosity » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:55 pm

LP wrote:Hello boyz....My name is Jennifer and I am Peters girlfriend. I am the reason why he came to connecticut. Check it out, Peter is only one person. He moved his shop location, his home location, rescued his girlfriend, all in a matter of three weeks while still keeping his business running and trying to make everyone happy. (o rly?)

Obviously, he bit off more then anyone can chew. I have only been back in L.A. a couple of weeks and since I have been back, he has delivered over 100 modules to BigCity music, sent out direct orders and has continually been working on the M32's. As-well, he has been working on repairs which only he has the knowledge to do. I speak from first hadn experience when I tell you he is extremely anal and checks each and every module himself befoe it is shipped out!!! either you are mis-informed or this is a lie

What hasnt he done? He has done a crappy job of communicating with his customers. That is where I have stepped in. I have responded to any customers that have sent him emails and been keeping them abreast at what is going on. Some of his modules, especially his vector plotter,are extremely tedious and time consuming. we are lucky if we get one finished a day. What else hasnt he done? That one is difficult to say since I havent been here that long but I do see him needing help with restocking. It seems he falls behind but I am assuming it is related to his office move. I am going to try to help him.

I understand peoples frustrations with not recieving something you paid for. I, too, would be upset. All I can do is try to assist him and assist you. Here is my email: thelittleleeper@yahoo.com.
these 3 images explain in great detail the sequence of my reactions to this post.

I wish you guys the best, I really do. I dont want to see you guys fail.

I want to say more, but it will only do more harm then good. We all know Peter is dangerously close to falling over the cliff and what I want to say wont help anything.

*edit*

fuck it.

quality control, this is your biggest problem. You guys are sending out modules that have issues that a blind 4 year old could spot and you're doing this quite often it appears. If plan B doesnt get its act together, plan B will be gone in a year and this is a fact. This is an insanely small market and we can only put up with so much shit. Are you sure Peter understands this? 5 years ago the modular world was small. You could only go to so many places to get a module you want so the occasional fuck up was ok. Now there are so many makers out there its hard for me to keep up. If you guys cant make a proper module, we will go some place else. This is freshman level marketing here.

I wish you guys luck, I really do. I have your original model 15 and voltage proc. I would like to buy more, but I will not do this until I see things getting better. I know I'm not alone.

Theres just so many choices out there that I don't need to buy from you guys again.
Last edited by A Dingleberry Monstrosity on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sound
Common Wiggler

Post by Sound » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:55 pm

Dingleberry Monstrosity, ja ja, you made me happy, jajaj.

The Jennifer post must be a joke.

Sound
Common Wiggler

Post by Sound » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Over 100 modules said Jennifer... in two weeks.

IMHO Pure marketing.

eat the kids first

Post by A Dingleberry Monstrosity » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:13 pm

sound wrote: The Jennifer post must be a joke.
its not, she's real. This is a form of damage control. I hope it works and isnt just a front.

For example when she says Peter himself checks every modules before it goes out. Theres just no way this could possibly be true. Did you see the "plan B triple checked module" thread? Jesus, that would be funny if it wasnt so sad. And the guy that got a module with missing LEDs? fuuuuuuuuck....

Unless when Peter was away, the monkeys that put the modules together couldnt find batteries for their flashlights. So it seems she maybe out of the loop somehow.

Its mind boggling how poorly this ball was dropped.
sound wrote:Over 100 modules said Jennifer... in two weeks.

IMHO Pure marketing.
10 modules a day or so, with a workforce the size he has (I think its around 6-7?) I think thats doable.

REwire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by REwire » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Look at Big City Music's stock. 100 modules in a few weeks easily, been there, seen that.

Jennifer, met her, she's real.

Dan

Sound
Common Wiggler

Post by Sound » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:44 pm

Ah, Ok! Not had sense to me the post.

LP

Umm..uhh..yup...I am real!!!

Post by LP » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:27 pm

Now I know why Peter ignores these lists.Dingleberry....you are really starting off on the wrong foot with me. Fyi, you represent a very small part of Plan-Bs client base. If you dont like our business, then by all means go elsewhere. but you have no right calling me a liar and cutting Plan-B down. Why dont you concentrate on what you feel is missing from your synth instead of speaking for everyone since you obviously have no idea what you are talking about...i.e. BigCityMusics inventory list. Go look for yourself or call them. PLAN-B is kicking and doing well. Dont base your conjectures on a small handful of customers who have had a delay in delivery. Business is booming and by the way, so am I. I am very real and I will accept your apology.

Sound
Common Wiggler

Re: Umm..uhh..yup...I am real!!!

Post by Sound » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:51 pm

LP wrote:Now I know why Peter ignores these lists.Dingleberry....you are really starting off on the wrong foot with me. Fyi, you represent a very small part of Plan-Bs client base. If you dont like our business, then by all means go elsewhere. but you have no right calling me a liar and cutting Plan-B down. Why dont you concentrate on what you feel is missing from your synth instead of speaking for everyone since you obviously have no idea what you are talking about...i.e. BigCityMusics inventory list. Go look for yourself or call them. PLAN-B is kicking and doing well. Dont base your conjectures on a small handful of customers who have had a delay in delivery. Business is booming and by the way, so am I. I am very real and I will accept your apology.

Sound
Common Wiggler

Post by Sound » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:53 pm

seems that he found his half orange.

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Seems like it's all going well & and as planned.

I've never quite seen this tactic in terms of trying to grab the runaway charging bull by the horns and bringing it to a halt.

eat the kids first

Re: Umm..uhh..yup...I am real!!!

Post by A Dingleberry Monstrosity » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:27 pm

LP wrote:Now I know why Peter ignores these lists.Dingleberry....you are really starting off on the wrong foot with me. Fyi, you represent a very small part of Plan-Bs client base. If you dont like our business, then by all means go elsewhere. but you have no right calling me a liar and cutting Plan-B down. Why dont you concentrate on what you feel is missing from your synth instead of speaking for everyone since you obviously have no idea what you are talking about...i.e. BigCityMusics inventory list. Go look for yourself or call them. PLAN-B is kicking and doing well. Dont base your conjectures on a small handful of customers who have had a delay in delivery. Business is booming and by the way, so am I. I am very real and I will accept your apology.
*face palm*

way to go in COMPLETELY missing the point of my message.

I'm sure bigcity music has over 9000 plan B modules, where did I state otherwise? In fact I DEFENDED the claim that a new shipment of plan B modules was going over to BCM. I said its not a big deal to do 100 modules in 2 weeks.

and the issues of having a delay in delivery is the least of your guys problems, I dont think addressed that issue at all. Just on quality assurance. So I'm rather confused about you complaing to me that I complained about delays in delivery.

I'm glad you are booming. And what should I apologize for? Seriously? For speaking the truth? Half of my model 14 is faulty, will you apologize to me for that? Channel one pops and clicks like its a fucked up DA converter. In other words, 25% of my entire line of plan B modules is fucked. I will accept your apology.

"Dingleberry....you are really starting off on the wrong foot with me."

and you are really starting off on the wrong foot with us, you guys have quality assurance issues that need to be worked out last week. Many people here have bought fucked up modules from you guys and this little post of yours isnt helping at all, infact it may be hurting plan B.

once again, plan B astounds me with how detached they are with reality. Mindboggling...
Last edited by A Dingleberry Monstrosity on Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eat the kids first

Post by A Dingleberry Monstrosity » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:47 pm

man, I feel like I need to address each statement she made in another post.

"Now I know why Peter ignores these lists."
ignoring the problem wont make it go away.
Fyi, you represent a very small part of Plan-Bs client base. "
maybe, but a good chunk of those here who have given Peter business are majorlly displeased.
If you dont like our business, then by all means go elsewhere. but you have no right calling me a liar and cutting Plan-B down. "
1) You missed the point of what I was saying. If you all continue to produce faulty equipment, someone else will fill the void and you will be gone. No one here wants to see that, even though you may not believe me I'm trying to help you. I dont think you all understand how major this is.

2) I have every right to cut you down if its warranted. Spreading lies and false information is wrong, but thats not what is going on at all with me. Many people on this forum have had serious issues with Peter.

Why dont you concentrate on what you feel is missing from your synth instead of speaking for everyone since you obviously have no idea what you are talking about..."
I encourage you to do some research about plan B here. You'll see that I know exactly what I am talking about. I also speak from first hand experience. So there... *nya*

i.e. BigCityMusics inventory list. Go look for yourself or call them. PLAN-B is kicking and doing well. Dont base your conjectures on a small handful of customers who have had a delay in delivery.
again, Im rather confused by this.
Business is booming and by the way, so am I. I am very real and I will accept your apology.
I am sorry reality is so offensive to you.

actually, I am sorry that you took so much offense to my posts. It wasnt intended at all.

We like plan B and we want to see plan B succeed, we just are tired of this shit and plan Bs handling of the situation.
Last edited by A Dingleberry Monstrosity on Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:56 pm

Can you guys slow down? My popcorn isn't even ready yet. I gotta say, I'm fiendishly amused that Muff is away this week. This is gonna get good.

O.K. Popcorn done... Now let the P.R. ooze forth! The G.W. Bush quote was priceless!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”