Plan B direct buy

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

phaedra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by phaedra » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:06 pm

I don't know what to say about this strange behaviour. Is here nobody from Los Angeles who has contact to Peter or may have a look at Helms? I will have no fun to do a "conflict solution" at PayPal, but on the other side I don't want to blow my money in the air, so I will be forced to solve it in that way. What a pity! A really good designer of electronic gear, but without any sense for his clients and fans. Maybe something has happened, who knows!? Really :bang:

astroschnautzer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by astroschnautzer » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:41 pm

phaedra wrote:I don't know what to say about this strange behaviour. Is here nobody from Los Angeles who has contact to Peter or may have a look at Helms? I will have no fun to do a "conflict solution" at PayPal, but on the other side I don't want to blow my money in the air, so I will be forced to solve it in that way. What a pity! A really good designer of electronic gear, but without any sense for his clients and fans. Maybe something has happened, who knows!? Really :bang:
My guess: narcissistic personality disorder :confused:

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:47 pm

syncretism wrote:
sandyb wrote:got it - not yet. i'm in ireland though so shipping can take a couple of weeks. plus plan b have just moved which i'm sure took up a bit of their time. good things come to those who wait though :)
Where in Ireland are you, hi? I swear, you all came out of the woodwork after I returned to the US.
i live in blessington and work in dublin. i like being in the woodwork :)

dougcl
Number 6

Post by dougcl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Anyone in LA have any word on what is going on? Can someone swing by and have a look? I suppose it would help to know there is still a business and there is some activity.

sgnhh
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sgnhh » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:17 pm

With topics like these, no wonder I'm having trouble selling my Model 25. :doh:

astroschnautzer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by astroschnautzer » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:29 pm

sgnhh wrote:With topics like these, no wonder I'm having trouble selling my Model 25. :doh:
the plan b modules are fine, some are pretty awesome, the customer care and reactions if complaining about broken modules are not.

consumed
International Filter Conspiracy

Post by consumed » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:31 pm

despite any problems with plan b, i have to say that i am absolutely loving my two model 15 vcos -- there is nothing like them -- and my dual timbral gates.

sgnhh
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sgnhh » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:08 pm

^^ Word up to that, the M15 is definitely my choice (my two main VCOs, eventually gonna get a Z3000 for its tuning functions).

dougcl
Number 6

Post by dougcl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Plan B modules are great. If you are having trouble selling them, it's not due to the perceived quality as far as I can tell. I keep thinking about the events of the last month or so though, and it either doesn't add up, or it adds up to a pretty dire picture. I envision a team of people working, but that doesn't fit the few facts that I am aware of. Need more facts. Again, if anyone can drop by the shop and see if there are operations, that would help considerably.

jonkull
Lowest Common Denominator Patcher

Post by jonkull » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:34 pm

I was out at noisebug when Plan B was based there and he does have a team of people working for him. Haven't been to the new location but I assume the same people work there as well. Sorry that doesn't help...

sascha.victoria
deleted/nevermind

Post by sascha.victoria » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:24 am

I kind of doubt its the same people working at Helms that were at Noisebug. On a Saturday morning with not much traffic there's at least an hour fifteen between those two locations. With traffic that commute would be hell. I could be wrong though...

jonkull
Lowest Common Denominator Patcher

Post by jonkull » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:31 am

From what I understand PG and Co. live closer to LA. I think the point of moving out of noisebug was so they wouldn't have to commute so far anymore. But I'm just guessing...

phaedra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by phaedra » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:42 am

But if there is more than a one-man-show why does nobody of these people answer on mails directed to info at eargroup?
Btw, I like my Plan B modules of course, but this is one story and the situation at time ia another story. It is not a discussion about the quality than about confidence in the new structures.
My deals with Noisebug had been very fast and good, now it seems to be like in the beginning.

REwire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by REwire » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:28 pm

I just talked to Peter and he told me that he has been shipping the Direct Buy stuff - not sure completion but said that all but 5 of the Vector Plotters have been shipped. Also, 50 modules to Big City Music in last few days. As far as I can tell, Vector Plotter last minute tweaks delayed that.

As you saw in his Yahoo post, he's been out of communication the last few weeks with his move, trip and looking for new house. Also, tied up with metal work people about cases.

So overall, I can't say if everyone who complained has been served and satisfied but only that he is working at this point and building modules.

mono-poly
Le Cheff

Post by mono-poly » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:20 pm

He is always out of comuncation imho.
Soon it will al be over.
There are resellers after him wanting their cash back from orders.
And this direct buy and Adam Henry policy will just make the plan-b gravehole bigger.
The farad is the captain of my print.

http://www.mono-poly.nl
http://www.noodlebar.org

WTB blue lantern purple vco

jtclicker
Common Wiggler

Post by jtclicker » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:28 pm

mono-poly wrote: There are resellers after him wanting their cash back from orders.
do you have accurate actual info to back this up? if so which ones? Just asking as statements like this make people like me shy away from doing business...

VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by VanEck » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:35 pm

do you have accurate actual info to back this up? if so which ones? Just asking as statements like this make people like me shy away from doing business...
I've seen what he is referring to... it is all over the AH mailing list. Companies like Elby are trying to serve him papers.

I'm not sure why so many people are having problems with him... he has been providing us good communication since we sent him our malfunctioning Model 9 for the most part. He said he repaired it and would be shipping it us this week... so we'll see what happens.
DISHEVELED -- PROMETHEUS BURNING -- FOUR PI MOVEMENT

SysEx Dumpster podcast - modular, gear, and other garbage

VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by VanEck » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Also, if you aren't on the AH list, you can view the archives here to see what is going on concerning this:

http://search.retrosynth.com/ah/

consumed
International Filter Conspiracy

Post by consumed » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:15 pm

VanEck wrote:
I've seen what he is referring to... it is all over the AH mailing list. Companies like Elby are trying to serve him papers.

I'm not sure why so many people are having problems with him... he has been providing us good communication since we sent him our malfunctioning Model 9 for the most part. He said he repaired it and would be shipping it us this week... so we'll see what happens.
is that recent?

i bought two new buffered mults from noisebug.
one of them has a short that makes the mult halfway functional (short between the columns).
peter called me the day i mailed chuck(oken) about it, then was in touch the next day after i gave him some diagnostic results.
then, that was it--no other contact.
he hasnt responded to several emails from me since then.
ive been sitting on my hands for 6 weeks waiting for him to reach me to confirm where to send it back to.

VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by VanEck » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:47 pm

Pretty recent... I think it was just this past Monday that he emailed us.

phaedra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by phaedra » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:13 am

REwire wrote:I just talked to Peter and he told me that he has been shipping the Direct Buy stuff - not sure completion but said that all but 5 of the Vector Plotters have been shipped. Also, 50 modules to Big City Music in last few days. As far as I can tell, Vector Plotter last minute tweaks delayed that.

As you saw in his Yahoo post, he's been out of communication the last few weeks with his move, trip and looking for new house. Also, tied up with metal work people about cases.

So overall, I can't say if everyone who complained has been served and satisfied but only that he is working at this point and building modules.
That is a really satisfying answer. A serious dealer receives the payment and sends an order confirmation. Soon after that the buyer gets shipping information including tracking code. In my case I paid for a M32 via PayPal after Peter's mail (yes, the "bill" came fast), from Peter comes nothing after this action: no mail, no answer from questions, no tracking code! What should I think about this behaviour?
To whom he sent anything is a black box for me, I don't ordered at Big City Music, I ordered at his newest child, Plan B Direct Buy. But it was the first and the last time I did so, this is not the kind of confidence we need. No module is so interesting that I will do all to get one.
The point of no return is reached.

Sound
Common Wiggler

Post by Sound » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:26 am

Very sad to read this, very glad that you are writing it.

People must know who is this man, in order to no be swindled.

This history of the little manufacturer/genius that can not supply the over demand of his awesome modules is a fake. A big fake.

IMHO, like other pre-make payment manufacturers, he needs the money of the new orders to buy material for make the old orders. This is IMHO one of the becauses of the delays.

There is no quality final step in his chain production, as well I can read in this forum there is not any quality in all the chain production.

I complaint for a garbage shipment that he sent me year ago, fortunately I achieved get back my money because I published automatically this in electro-music and in AH elists.

While the shipment step I have already seen that he is not serious people. When i received the "shipment" I understood that it was an insult, and I automatically published it. People blamed me for that. ha hah ! the customers have more obligations that the manufacturers?

After that, Peter Grenader defamed me behind to other manufacturers.

Now, time is showing that I was right. And it will be again.

Oscar Salas.

jtclicker
Common Wiggler

Post by jtclicker » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:22 am

VanEck wrote:Also, if you aren't on the AH list, you can view the archives here to see what is going on concerning this:

http://search.retrosynth.com/ah/
Ok thanks, I've just read that and I'll stay well clear - exactly what i was afraid of - not being a USA resident using the US courts is tricky, I've done it once before for a transaction that went wrong (nothing to do with music) and I'll never do it again whcih is why I've been nervously asking questions

chimologic
Wiggling with Experience

Post by chimologic » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:49 am

I sent an email officially cancelling my order last week, (I never sent payment) not that it matters, since communication back from Paln B was 0 to several emails trough several weeks.

tragedybysyntax
Banned until Restitution Made

Post by tragedybysyntax » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:02 am

Yeah I"m just letting the cards land where they may...... I ordered 2 of the vector plotters and you guys are saying all are shipped but 5? I have a feeling that the entire order got fucked on these and people got screwed out of pre-ordering. If it works out to where he emails me and says... they are ready to go send payment, no biggie I"ll snag them but... I highly doubt that's going to happen. oh well..... that's 540 I shouldent of spent anyway. Oh well... mulah towards metasonix modules! :)

Return to “Eurorack Modules”