MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

So is anyone happy that they just won a Dark Star Chaos...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author So is anyone happy that they just won a Dark Star Chaos...
D/A A/D
Because you have made me very sad... goatse.cx
Kent
Ha-ha! I was looking at those. Must resist temptation. Temptation of your goatse!
parasitk
So I guess I won't tell you that a Noise Ring + Dark Star Chaos + Plague Bearer + VCS makes some amazing noise! razz
D/A A/D
parasitk wrote:
So I guess I won't tell you that a Noise Ring + Dark Star Chaos + Plague Bearer + VCS makes some amazing noise! razz

I watch that video of yours and cry myself to sleep every night... cry
parasitk
D/A A/D wrote:
parasitk wrote:

I watch that video of yours and cry myself to sleep every night... cry

Hahaha, that video had the Blacet Frequency Divider too, which does very cool things to the DSC (it normally wont do really deep sub tones on its own). I'm gonna update my virb today with some new noise shit I did with those modules.

When I split my modular into two racks (east/west) I'm really thinking that the Noise Ring + DSC + MetalBox Matrix Mixer + Plague Bearer + either the FoH or BugBrand delay will be an insane, yet compact single-FracRack noise system. hyper hyper hyper

edit to add: I almost considered trading away my DSC too, until I started trying these patches. Now... "cold dead hands" etc etc etc.
parasitk
http://cgi.ebay.com/Blacet-Dark-Star-Chaos-Modular-Synth-Analog_W0QQit emZ150326866317QQcmdZViewItemQQptZKeyboards_MIDI?hash=item150326866317

???
D/A A/D
parasitk wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Blacet-Dark-Star-Chaos-Modular-Synth-Analog_W0QQit emZ150326866317QQcmdZViewItemQQptZKeyboards_MIDI?hash=item150326866317

???

I know man... FUCK...
Mood Organ
Yoink!

Champagne

Parasitk, got any tips on making this sucker play with noise rings and a VCS? I haven't snagged any plague bearers yet.
D/A A/D
Mood Organ wrote:
Yoink!

Champagne

Parasitk, got any tips on making this sucker play with noise rings and a VCS? I haven't snagged any plague bearers yet.

OH YOU BASTARD!!!
DGTom
Heyman, I'm prob gonna sell my Rev. A.... try as I might I just can't get anything I can use out of it, nothing to do with the module, it just doesn't gel with me.
parasitk
Mood Organ wrote:

Here's one fun tip: It seems logical to plug the Clock out of the NR into the Gate in on the DSC but I love plugging it into the VCO input – when you get the Noise Ring into audio rates it makes some awesome sounds. Get the DSC noise clock and filter just on the edge of adding their noise, and it gets kinda crazy.

Usually the VCS gets used to augment or modulate something in the mix. Or as a suboctave generator... or filter... or...

//Chris
parasitk
Here – about 25 minutes of noise+drone fun.

http://virb.com/parasitk/audio/401608

w00t w00t w00t
D/A A/D
parasitk wrote:
Here – about 25 minutes of noise+drone fun.

http://virb.com/parasitk/audio/401608

w00t w00t w00t

If I hadn't of just found a DSC, I would be kicking you ass right now!!! Whats the VCS rocking in this clip?
parasitk
It was an LFO that I sometimes ramped up into audio territory. If you hear a deep drone suddenly take over out of nowhere it's the VCS.

I think the basic patch idea was:

NR -> DSC -> PB
VCS DC out -> DSC
VCS AC out -> PB
PB -> Attenuator -> Shadow Hills GAMA -> API 525 -> Cranesong HEDD
Kwote
i like the vocal qualities towards the end.
Mood Organ
That is some nice synth splatter, thanks for posting! Rawk!

I'll be sure to try that trick with the clock into the VCO input.

and now to transform into funk bassist mode. cheers
parasitk
Thanks! I was doing the clock->vco input thing on this clip. Fun shit.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1