MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

frac envelope followers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author frac envelope followers
Mood Organ
What are the options for frac format envelope followers? It'd be nice to have a module that crams a bunch into a small space...
DGTom
I've been grappling with this, there are 2 in the Blacet I/O module but thats double width & they are derived from the one input, but you get lag on one, I would love a super simple 1 wide Env. Follower & I'm not sure if I need all the bits & pieces in the I/O.

I've been looking at the Klangwerk & wondering if the Env. Follower in & out could be brought out, but I'm hesitant to attack such a lovely module.

Anyone know any simple(ish) DIY options?
parasitk
Blacet I/O or DIY?
consumed
how about blacet AND diy?
you can build up the blacet kit but design your own panel for 1u (and leave off some features if you cant make it all fit).
Cat-A-Tonic
Quote:
you can build up the blacet kit but design your own panel for 1u (and leave off some features if you cant make it all fit).

That is a damn good idea.
I will have to give some serious consideration to modding mine to squeeze into a smaller space.
DGTom
Just dropping off the 1/4" in would save alot of space wouldnt it? It would be crazy dense but a 1U I/O would be cool!
Babaluma
i always found the bananalogue vcs made a much better/more configurable envelope follower than the blacet i/o. the vcs excels at this.
parasitk
Nice, that's the one thing I haven't tried with the VCS.
fluxmonkey
oakley also has a nice one (http://www.oakleysound.com/follower.htm); i've built it into frac, i think i had to turn the board sideways so couldn't use the board-mounted pots, but all the controls shd fit in 1.5" wide if you squeeze.
Cat-A-Tonic
fluxmonkey wrote:
oakley also has a nice one (http://www.oakleysound.com/follower.htm); i've built it into frac, i think i had to turn the board sideways so couldn't use the board-mounted pots, but all the controls shd fit in 1.5" wide if you squeeze.

Please post a pic of your Oakley Frac panel.
Mood Organ
bump bump very frustrating

still very interested in the oakley envelope follower in frac format.

I'd really love 2+ followers in 2 frac spaces... ideally with built in lag. Obviously the VCS owns but I've just got the 1! Never enough VCS love...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1