MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Space Echo vs Eventide
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Space Echo vs Eventide
harolddonnelly
Hi I've been thinking a lot lately, and wondered if any wigglers had some thoughts about this.

I have a Roland Space Echo RE 201, and I've been looking at prices for these things, and it looks like I could get an Eventide time factor and Space for roughly the same price as my Space Echo.

I really like the Space Echo but as far as being practical the Eventide option, makes more sense. I like the sound of both units for different reasons, The thing that worries me about selling the Space Echo is not being able to get one back in the future. Any thoughts from any wigglers that have had experience with both?

thanks all!
Ranxerox
This is one of those "should I sell my ARP 2600 and buy a Roland D-50?" moments that you will regret for ever if you go through with it. If you want the Eventides for different reasons, e.g. convenience's sake, then it follows that they won't be a replacement - get them as well as, not instead of. So my advice is to keep the damn Space Echo.
MindMachine
AGREED. Never sell the 201. You can buy digital pedals anytime. I am sure the Eventide pedals are pretty sweet, but... it is apples and oranges.
Or name your price on the 201... I am game. Mr. Green
Popski
I sold mine and regretted it 10 minutes later, for the past 10 years.
don't sell.
harolddonnelly
Thanks guys I hear ya'll loud and clear! I'll just save up for the Eventides and just add them to my delay collection when I can!
consumed
i have both and the time factor is definitely no replacement for the 201 at all.
companyofquail
i would never sell a 201 for those pedals, but i would sell a 201 for a H2500 or H3000. these things sound awesome! I am a huge tape echo fan, if you really like using tape delay and it is part of your sound then keep it, the eventide h series is not a replacement for it, but it does go into territories no other effects can touch. i guess it just depends how otherworldly you want to get. you can also play the eventide very well like the 201 or other interactive effects.
harolddonnelly
Yeah I guess over all its just a different beast! I'm really interested in the looper in the eventide, The only other loop pedal I have experience with is the Line 6 DL 4, The eventide seems likes its got a lot more features.
harolddonnelly
O and to the eventiders......

can you? or do you ever use the expression pedal in put with cv's?
ping panic
Harold,best thing about the eventides is the exp pedal!!!
I don't know if you know about octatrack scenes but it works the same.

just set a config for the 'empty pedal' and another config for the 'full pedal' ... it takes a minute!
stromcat
have never played with a real 201, but have played with space/TF/PF/MF (see other thread I just posted).

as i sit here I'd take the sheer range of stuff you could do with just a TF and Space over the 201, not to mention all the modular modulation possibilities through the EXP inputs. the 201 is a beauty but...they are too. and the 201 has only one 'character'.
stromcat
harolddonnelly wrote:
can you? or do you ever use the expression pedal in put with cv's?

apparently so but I haven't had opportunity to try it (yet).

I should add that if there's an option to have both the eventides AND the 201...do it!
harolddonnelly
Yeah Im thinking I'll have to do the long save up for the eventides! I know it will be worth it to have both.

Yeah I would really love to hear if the work well with CV's cause I think they would be a great compliment to my moogerfooger rig!

anybody using the CV's from the moogerfoogers and the eventides?
ndkent
you want both for echo on echo action
ping panic
I tried to modulate the exp pedal input with the uLFO (eurorack) and it worked but I had to attenuate the signal for it to work the way it should.
It's a pity I had sold the brains + PP because it should be really nice to sequence it 'manually'
I plan buying an urzwerg and it should rock!!!

There are a lot of nice delay pedals around (someone tell my gf I like a CC!) but the eventides are more expensive for a good reason or at least I think so

cheers guys!
harolddonnelly
ping panic wrote:
I tried to modulate the exp pedal input with the uLFO (eurorack) and it worked but I had to attenuate the signal for it to work the way it should.
It's a pity I had sold the brains + PP because it should be really nice to sequence it 'manually'
I plan buying an urzwerg and it should rock!!!

There are a lot of nice delay pedals around (someone tell my gf I like a CC!) but the eventides are more expensive for a good reason or at least I think so

cheers guys!

Cheers thanks - ping panic

I appreciate you trying that!
Hanz
I found that it was possible to use voltage input into the Timefactor, but that you really have to be careful not to exceed the voltage. The Timefactor has as very limited voltage input range. It will not break, however, from a little bit of extra voltage (if you keep it sane...)

On the original question; I used to own both, and while I liked the Timefactor, I would never expext it to match the Space Echo.
Is does a decent try though.
dkcg
Keep the Space Echo, and save up for the Eventides, unless part of your plan is to pay twice what you sell it for down the road. razz
harolddonnelly
dkcg wrote:
Keep the Space Echo, and save up for the Eventides, unless part of your plan is to pay twice what you sell it for down the road. razz

hahah I've been down that road! selling off my luckily small euro rack rig to go for a serge system! currently in the long wait but I'm staying strong hahah
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1