MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Post pics of your guitar/bass/amp/pedal setup!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 [all]
Author Post pics of your guitar/bass/amp/pedal setup!
smetak
CSCD wrote:

I'm not a guitarist (I used to play bass though) but I couldn't help sharing a pic of the guitar I scored a couple of days ago. No pedalboard shots yet - they are still on their way This is fun!

A "teleguar"?
CSCD
smetak wrote:
A "teleguar"?

Yeah, or a "Telemaster", as it's called by the builder (Relic Depot). This thing feels insanely nice to play - now I have to practice my chops, I guess Mr. Green
smetak
CSCD wrote:
smetak wrote:
A "teleguar"?

Yeah, or a "Telemaster", as it's called by the builder (Relic Depot). This thing feels insanely nice to play - now I have to practice my chops, I guess Mr. Green

Nice score, mate!

For the past month or so, since catching a series of Marc Ribot gigs, I have been going up the wall for a Jaguar - kill to have a six-string like the one you got!
Jason Brock
CSCD wrote:
smetak wrote:
A "teleguar"?

Yeah, or a "Telemaster", as it's called by the builder (Relic Depot).

Or Warmoth calls it a Jazzcaster. I've been wanting to build one.

http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Bodies/Jazzmaster/Jazzcaster/
CSCD
smetak wrote:
Nice score, mate!

For the past month or so, since catching a series of Marc Ribot gigs, I have been going up the wall for a Jaguar - kill to have a six-string like the one you got!

Thank you! It was a completely spontaneous purchase, too - I was saving up for a Digitakt or something but simply couldn't pass up on this one!
notjoesuthers

Here's my setup for guitar!

I run the Boss PN-2 last in the chain so I can pan my signal between the Twins. I EQ them a bit differently so that the panning effect is more noticeable. I've since replaced the Bitquest with a Boss PS-3 because the Bitquest is much more useful on synth (for me at least).
Oblivion
My latest acquisition a couple weeks ago was a Reverend H90 Descent baritone. Here it is with the stripped-down living room rig, my Tele and Gretsch (5120):

Rockin' Banana!
soundshaper
Here’s my electric banjo setup. It’s a Deering Crossfire 5-string with some cosmetic customizations. hihi I run it first through a Zoom Multi-Stomp for 6 bands of parametric eq, light compression, and amp simulation. Then I run it through my Moogerfoogers, that’s where the magic happens!

[/img]
smetak
soundshaper wrote:
Here’s my electric banjo setup. It’s a Deering Crossfire 5-string with some cosmetic customizations. hihi I run it first through a Zoom Multi-Stomp for 6 bands of parametric eq, light compression, and amp simulation. Then I run it through my Moogerfoogers, that’s where the magic happens!

[/img]

Woe! Can't imagine what this sounds like - any samples of your work?
soundshaper
smetak wrote:
soundshaper wrote:

Yes! You can hear it all over our two albums. I think the only song where it’s not used is the first song on the latest one, Radiosphere. Listen to the title song Echoes of Empyrean. It’s a lot more prominently used on the first album Unauthorized Wavelenghts.

EXREPLICA.bandcamp.com
smetak
soundshaper wrote:
smetak wrote:
soundshaper wrote:

Yes! You can hear it all over our two albums. I think the only song where it’s not used is the first song on the latest one, Radiosphere. Listen to the title song Echoes of Empyrean. It’s a lot more prominently used on the first album Unauthorized Wavelenghts.

EXREPLICA.bandcamp.com

Slick, mate! Fascinating use of the banjo - hearing all the tracks now, at work, which is making my morning!
Ghost Hip
Hey folks, first post here. Since I come from the land of fuzz love and effect pedals, figured this is a good place to start before wading into eurorack. MY ASS IS BLEEDING

This is my pedalboard for guitar. Powered by a Walrus Audio Phoenix. The order goes: Polytune->DOD Gonkulator->Boss BF-2->Infanem Improbability Drive->Earthbound Supercollider->Earthbound Throat Locust->DOD Gunslinger-> Digitech Digiverb->Dwarfcraft Super Wizard->smallsound/bigsound Sparkle Motion->DBA Echo Dream 2->DOD Boneshaker->Hardwire Supernatural.

I haven't taken a legit pic of this rig but screenshot/instagram clip below:

little instagram clip

board 1 by Jared Talcott, on Flickr
Museums
smetak
Impressive how ubiquitous the Ct5 has become - it seems to be everywhere, on every board, from bebop to doom metal and all styles in between - amazing for a small boutique company!
woVERTICES
My present set-up...
Best,
John
www.johnjpotter.com
leftbracket
This board has been stable for almost a year now – the longest it's ever stayed in one place. I've considered swapping the Scrutator for a ring mod or a second, more experimental delay, but that'll be a while if it does happen.

It's also been about a year since I picked up the guitar I've dreamed about since I was a kid:
smetak
leftbracket wrote:
This board has been stable for almost a year now – the longest it's ever stayed in one place. I've considered swapping the Scrutator for a ring mod or a second, more experimental delay, but that'll be a while if it does happen.

Nice board!

I got a Scrutator, which is decent enough, especially with an expression pedal, but found it a bit "one dimensional" - an Earthquaker Data Corrupter would seem to fit the bill here.

On a more experimental delay, got the Red Panda Tensor - more of a tape manipulation thing than a delay, but, man, what a brilliant pedal! Fantastic!
leftbracket
smetak wrote:

I got a Scrutator, which is decent enough, especially with an expression pedal, but found it a bit "one dimensional" - an Earthquaker Data Corrupter would seem to fit the bill here.

On a more experimental delay, got the Red Panda Tensor - more of a tape manipulation thing than a delay, but, man, what a brilliant pedal! Fantastic!

Thanks for the advice!

Do you have any suggestions for something smaller than the Corrupter that could fit on the board? I've been looking at the Bit Commander and the Pigtronix Mothership 2 and Ringmaster.
smetak
leftbracket wrote:
smetak wrote:

Thanks for the advice!

Do you have any suggestions for something smaller than the Corrupter that could fit on the board? I've been looking at the Bit Commander and the Pigtronix Mothership 2 and Ringmaster.

I have the original, big, bulky Mothership - haven't used it in ages; caught demos of the new and improved version and found it quite tempting and better than the original box (and cheaper!). Yet, haven't tried it personally.

Also, I would give the Red Pander bit crusher a try before making a move. Although expensive - Earthquaker's take on the effect is less than half the price on Reverb - Red Panda's BitMap has a mix knob. I'm a big fan of WMD's Geiger Counter (first version), but a mix would really be a big help here - its either total chaos or nothing at all. The Red Panda BitMap is capable of mixing the signal with your clean tone, which may be quite useful in regard to a bit crusher.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 [all]
Page 13 of 13