MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Post pics of your guitar/bass/amp/pedal setup!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Post pics of your guitar/bass/amp/pedal setup!
Muff Wiggler
Well, I guess it's about time this section of the forum got one of these threads.

Here's my bass, a stock L-2500. It's the best bass I've ever played in my life. The neck is perfection, the body is crazy comfy, it sustains for about a week, and the electronics package is insane.... it can be passive or active, the humbuckers can be split, they can be aligned series or parallel, in short it can cover every single bass sound I could ever want or need, plus loads more. There's nothing else I could want in a bass.

This is my #1 guitar, a Legacy with quite a lot of mods. If the house was on fire and I could only grab one thing, it would be this. I spent about 15 years trying to find this guitar, this one is just SO RIGHT. It took forever to find the right one, then about another year trying various modifications and keeping some, leaving others, fine-tuning the setup. Now it's "that guitar", it's me in a guitar. Nothing feels better to me.

Here's my amp, it's a Swart Atomic Space Tone. I'm not going to even try to tell you how much I like it.

With lots of advice from Eric Barbour, I found what seems to be just the right complement of NOS tubes for it. The difference this made to an already outstanding amp is incredible. Amperex Bugle Boy 12AX7 in V1, Amperex 12DW7 for the reverb, Mullard 12AX7 for the phase inverter, Bendix 5992's for the 6V6 power tubes, and a Mullard 5Y3 Rectifier.

Inside the amp is all hand-wired, turretboard, cloth-covered goodness.

I had Swart make me a matching 2x12 cabinet with Celestion Blue's inside. It's the only one they ever made. One day I may buy the head version of the AST to use with this cab, and then I'll have a pair of ASTs I can use in stereo.

Some day I'll pull out all my pedals and take a group sex photo of them. I don't use a pedalboard and only ever use like one or two pedals at a time (if even that) so it'll take some effort to get them all out at once. Anyway I'll have a thread to post the pic in when I do.
Kwote
nice. dig the setup. the bass in particular. probably cuz i'm going through bass lust right now.
dkcg
Mmmm tweed. Beautiful amps you got there Muff. I just got a Tweed Pignose. Sounds great with the bassmaster. So where's the pedal setup muff, i know you got some goodies for the strings to play through. grin
Muff Wiggler
How could I forget!?!?!

I have a Pignose as well, and they are damn damn fun. If you've never tried one before, seriously, they are a lot more fun than you would expect. I have a blast with this thing, and for the price it's a no-brainer, everybody's gotta have one.

chromium
I Like this clip of Zappa from the Mike Douglas show - nothing but an SG and Pignose: 8)

Muff Wiggler
freakin' awesome. Man I love Zappa.
kidtesla
Muff Wiggler wrote:

SlayerBadger! That's one beefy <b>maple neck</b> love
I love the harmonics you can get out of hard wood and steel.
Beautiful guitar,man! thumbs up applause
Moog$FooL$
yeah.
i'm sportin' a chubby about the G&L & Swart!!!
gotta stock that amp at NJAMS!! that & the Headtstrongs.

ever use the piggy as a pre-amp?? hmmm.....
Muff Wiggler
i'll get a pic up sometime in a few weeks of my pedals

and i've never tried the Piggy as a preamp, that's a fine idea actually!

kidtesla, i'd say the neck is medium-beefy, it's just right anyway 8) i'm with you about the harmonics.

both guitars and the bass are from the pre-CNC era of G&L necks where each on is worked on by hand 'till they feel just right to the craftsman, and each one is a bit different

when I say i spent 15 years looking for the right guitar, it truthfully is mostly the right neck i was looking for i think. i was looking for the right strat in white with a maple neck, with a 'right' enough feel that I could perfect the rest through setup tweaks, pickup changes, etc. You know, when you play one that just feels right, you know it. G&L's seem to have a higher proportion of instruments that have an awesome feel, every one I've touched had a KILLER neck.....but this Legacy just has that little bit 'extra'. Damn I love it love

Also cool as time goes on more flame and birdseye are coming out in the neck. It was really plain when I bought the guitar. I don't really care for birdseye, but I like flame a lot, and the little mini-birdseyes I see in this neck are pretty cool!
chromium
Not that I'm into basses or anything, but...

I had taken a break from music for a while, and when I came back to it I had carpal tunnel, so I found playing a standard long scale bass kind of hard for a while there. I picked up a short scale bass around 2002. This one was kind of a nostalgic, guilty pleasure purchase - a Gibson EB-2 like the ones I was infatuated with as a kid:

I loved Tull early on, and had a copy of Benefit with Glenn Cornick holding one on the cover (recently read that he actually hated that bass lol and had only ever recorded one track - Witch's Promise - with it). The Animals (with Chas Chandler on Rivoli - Epi's EB-2 equivalent) were another early influence. So... I suddenly found myself with a '66 EB-2DC. The neck is the early version - wide and chunky, and I've modified the electronics quite a bit. Left stock, EB-2s are either a little too boomy (although, makes for a great dub sound) or too brittle/nasal. Not what I'd call a go-to/utility/all-purpose bass by any means, but I love it and all of its idiosyncracies.

From that experience, I discovered that I really like the blurry/middly sound of the mahogany on a bass, and I LOVE the short(er) scale stuff. The carpal tunnel is now gone, but the basses stayed.

So the ones I gravitate to mostly these days for live playing are an '83 Alembic Distillate, and a couple of Gibsons.

Alembics have low-impedance pickups, and I find the active setup in the Distillate easy to tweak - volume, LPF cutoff, resonance switch, and bass/treble boost/cut switches. The biggest plus with this bass is its an Alembic model that I can actually afford hihi. It has a 32" mid-scale, a beeeeaauuutilfuull slender neck, and the response is perfectly balanced across all strings and up the board. Fantastic player.

The other one I use quite a bit is a '73 Gibson Triumph. This also has low-impedance pickups that give out nice broad frequency response (without being active), and it also has a high impedance mode for gettin some filth thru the tube amp:

I can get a staggering array of tones out of this thing, but it still has its own unique voice- and theres really just one setting in particular that I've honed in on. The Triumph is all mahogany (and a big-ass chunk of a body at that), the neck is slim, slender, and comfy, and I bought this particular one from a dude who had it stuffed in his closet for 30+ years. The only down-side is its kind of heavy at 10.4 pounds. It balances well enough, though, to where I can gig it without curling up into a fetal position mid-set.

A more recent love is a '76 Gibson Thunderbird:

This one is long scale, and the farthest thing from ergonomic - but man the sound is there. Lightweight, highly resonant, and puts out those bell-like mids that are a staple of the Tbird sound. Like the neck pickup on the EB-2 above, the pickups are "sidewinders" - sort of a stacked humbucker turned on its side, with magnets on the outside, and poles in the middle. These arent as overwound as the EBs were (~30K impedance!!!), and put out a clearer, less saturated tone. They're usually wired in series on the 76-79 birds, but this one one has the pickups in parallel and sounds a bit more akin to the 60s and present-day tbirds as a result (more even freq response, vs. honking midrange)

The amp I use is a Orange AD200 head (200w, 4x6550), with Ampeg SVT cabinets (buncha 10s in sealed enclosures). Looks funky as hell and kinda beat, but omg I love that amp - it makes my insides happy. Plenty of headroom even for outdoor venues, and when pushed it just melts into the smoothest sexiest overdrive I've ever experienced on bass. The only drag is that its only single channel, so if I need to switch quickly between clean and OD sounds I'll sometimes frontend it with an EHX English Muff'n.

As for guitars, I have two old Rolands (G-505 and G-808) that I use only for recording. I don't play guitar very well - just play what I write and write what I can play. Actually, I've been working thru a self study book and thinking about taking private lessons on guitar after a I get done with my current school obligations. I had a late model Strat and SG, but is it any surprise that I sold 'em for these?!? w00t

These were just yet another distraction/obsession on the way to modular and the further ravaging and pillaging of my poor little unsuspecting Paypal account hyper help
helitron
fast cars and bass guitars...

Pockets McCoy
At this point, I don't really have a "setup" as much as I've just got a "pile," but that should all be rectified once I hit home depot and get some wood and build a board.

In a few weeks there should be the additions of a Metasonix Assblaster and a super duper modded Digitech XP-1000, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Anyhow, on with the show:

One of three good old fashioned tube function generators, one of which will eventually be shipped off to Trogotronic for some violent modifications

The candidate for surgery:

The drums, with the standard midi keyboard in the bass drum (you know, because of how much I use it...):

The pile:

Trogotronic and Moogerfoogers...I've never been such a proud parent:

More of the same:

The assorted axes, 3 of them cheap enough to paint, one of them too recent an acquisition and too precious an instrument to sully the face of:

The guitar of maximum wackiness (10 switches, 4 strings...on/off for all 4 pickups, phase switches for the rear two, hi-pass/lo-pass selector for the tone knob, capacitor selector for the tone knob, two further capacitor sub-division switches, volume knob, tone knob):

Maximum loudness:

The expression-pedals-in-waiting:

The other guitar, brutally cannibalized for parts:

I guess I'm probably one of the few people hanging around here who doesn't have a modular, but I'll be damned if I can't make my guitars SOUND like one. This many pedals is sort of like the not-exactly-poor man who's strapped for space's synth. Alas, for now, my modular dreams must exist only in the world of Reaktor.
Muff Wiggler
some very cool stuff!! I totally hear you about the poor man's modular, i was connecting pedals and boxen in all sorts of manner (with great effectivness!) long before i had a modular and it certainly helped to push me in that direction

thanks for the cool post, and modular or not I'm glad you're here. this place is not just for the modular crew!

chromium and helitron those are some beautiful guitars and basses. I love the Alembic and that fretless j-bass. And ooh I spot an SVT 8)
sduck
Here's my axe. I used to have a ton of stuff, but as the modular passion has grown, a lot of the guitar stuff has been sold off to pay for it all. That's a warmoth bargain shop basic guitar, with a swamp ash body, paduuk/pau ferro neck, EMG David Gilmour pickup setup, an old podxt with all the model packs crammed into it, and my roland v-wah. Oh, and my tubeworks 4x10 amp - forget the model number, but it's loud but not very good sounding. I'm saving up for a new amp right now (mesa boogie?)

I also have pignose, which I've had forever - bought it back in college in the 70's. It doesn't work currently, need to replace something on the pcb.
dkcg
This setup sounds a LOT better than you think a pignose ever could. Well, thanks to the Germanium B:assmaster. Nevermind Ralph Macchio in Crossroads, here come the Muffwigglers and their Pignoses!

A Dingleberry Monstrosity
I have a burgundy fretless fender jazz bass

no cam, sowwy :(
dkcg
Muff Wiggler wrote:
Well, I guess it's about time this section of the forum got one of these threads.

Here's my bass, a stock L-2500. It's the best bass I've ever played in my life. The neck is perfection, the body is crazy comfy, it sustains for about a week, and the electronics package is insane.... it can be passive or active, the humbuckers can be split, they can be aligned series or parallel, in short it can cover every single bass sound I could ever want or need, plus loads more. There's nothing else I could want in a bass.

Woah! Is that one piece of wood?!?!

My strat looks like it's younger cousin Leo removed, but two pieces of wood.

Is my neck different than most strats? I can't remember if they all have that strip where the bar is on back of the neck.

BTW, it's a late 88 or early 89 strat plus made in the states. Ash body. Lace gold pickups. Modded so that the center tone pot pulls out and enables all three pickups at once, or just the bridge and the neck pickups (no center pickup). I love how it sounds with the two outer pickups on. bright and fat. I wnted thicker strings, but thicker strings won't fit up at the neck, damn rollers not wide enough to let anything beyond an .11 set through. :(

Also got a dobro. a newer one, '94 Lily of the Valley.

Only other guitar I still want one day is a Gretsch Duojet with a Bigsby...
Muff Wiggler
really nice strat!!

your neck is the same as probably 99% of strats - the 'skunk stripe' (where the neck was routed to insert the trussrod) is a classic hallmark of the stratocaster. I believe there are a couple of issues that did not have it, but the vast majority do.

the neck and the body of my bass are indeed each made of a single solid piece of wood (maple neck, swamp ash body). However for both parts the wood was cut, shaped, and then cut in half for trussrod insertion (neck) and electronics routing (body), and then glued back together. It's very, very, very difficult to find the seam, but it's there.
Kent
Yup, that skunk stripe is where they route the space for, and then insert, the truss rod. All strats, teles, J & P-Basses have it. The earliest Fender Broadcasters (and some of the earliest Teles) didn't have a truss-rod at all, so no skunk action. SlayerBadger!

P.S. Strat Plusses fuckin' rule.
Moog$FooL$
where's the Gibson luv???

i need an sg jr.!!
single p-90 is all u really need.

currently i have a '77 jazz bass for sale @ NJAMS in Vancouver, kinda hate to see it go but i don't need 2 basses. i guess i should check the website to see if it's listed & pic'd.
sduck
Kent wrote:
Yup, that skunk stripe is where they route the space for, and then insert, the truss rod. All strats, teles, J & P-Basses have it. The earliest Fender Broadcasters (and some of the earliest Teles) didn't have a truss-rod at all, so no skunk action. SlayerBadger!

Slight correction - almost all one piece maple neck fenders have the stripe. Rosewood necks don't. I could be way wrong on this, but I think that's the rule.
Kent
Here is the Gibson Love! In Sterey-ery-oh! SlayerBadger!

One P-90 is definitely all one needs for rockin'. However, 3 Kent Armstrong Customs (w/ coil tapping) are even better. The middle pickup is Alnico and reverse-wound for humbucking love. The difference between the magnets is nice as well.
The Seymour Duncan Hot Jazzmasters (in the gold covered Jazzacaster) are bad ass as well. The blade selector on my Jazzacaster is a 4-position switch. The 3 expected Tele settings are there, plus one that wires both pickups as a massive Humbucker.

Ibanez Black Eagle Rawk 'n' Roll Bass Fiddle:

Kent
sduck wrote:
Kent wrote:

Slight correction - almost all one piece maple neck fenders have the stripe. Rosewood necks don't. I could be way wrong on this, but I think that's the rule.

Hmm.., my Fender rosewood neck has the skunk stripe on it.
chromium
Love that Black Eagle! I had an old '75 Ibanez j-bass clone. It was a great bass, but ended up off'ing it for other gear:

Closest thing I have to a Fender now is an '82 (I think) Stingray that I've had most of my life. Used to play fretless almost exclusively, now I'm the opposite - play mostly fretted.

My other fretless is a late model Christopher DB-102. Nothing fancy- 3/4 Chinese-made plywood bass, but its built well and plays decent. I have an Underwood transducer on it, and like to jam All Blues and Four on Six on it :-)

Of course- I have absolutely zero formal upright training, and I'd probably make a good player cringe - but in my head I sound like these guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eluPd5wFjAs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OruzDa0He-g Mr. Green
Kwote
dkcg wrote:
This setup sounds a LOT better than you think a pignose ever could. Well, thanks to the Germanium B:assmaster. Nevermind Ralph Macchio in Crossroads, here come the Muffwigglers and their Pignoses!

how dare you sir. Ralph Macchio is a gentleman and a scholar.

Moog$FooL$
hello Kent.

is that Gibson amp the GA-RVT 79 or thereabouts??

i love those old Gibson amps, i've been after The Falcon for sometime.
love love love
Muff Wiggler
pedals

Top Row (All Muff-based pedals):

Ronsound Hairpie Classic w/3-way Mids Switch
Ronsound Hairpie '75
Euthymia ICBM Fuzz
Skreddy Lunar Module
EH Big Muff Pi NYC Reissue

Second Row From Top

Homemade Feedback Loop Pedal
Devi Ever 'Bees Please' (Custom Dual Clean Boost)
Effector 13 Soda Meiser Flipswitch Version (Built by Josh Holley)
Effector 13 Vintage Fuzz Maker Flipswitch Version (custom graphics)
EH Switch Blade 1970's
EH Small Clone Chorus Reissue
EH Small Stone Phaser 1976
EH Electronic Metronome 1978

Second Row From Bottom

Ibanez Modulation Delay II
ReAmp v2
Catalinbread Silver Kiss Mk. II
BugBrand MicroBugCrusher
ZVex Fuzz Factory Green Sparkle
thesquarewaveparade Teaspoon Special Edition
Dwarftcraft Devices The Great Destroyer v1.3
Swart Atomic Boost
EH Q-Tron+

Bottom Row

Tech 21 SansAmp Classic
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
Analogman Custom Active Buffer/AB Switcher
Demeter Opto Compulator
Analogman Maxon OD-9 "Silver Mod"
Analogman Juicer Compressor (Orange Squeezer Based)
Tech 21 Double Drive
EH Tube Zipper
EH Bass Micro Synth Reissue
Muff Wiggler
Oops, forgot one

EH Hog's Foot Bass Booster 1976

Muff Wiggler
oh and speaking about basses how could I forget the one that takes up the most space?

about 30 years old, Czech plywood 7/8th size bass, really good quality for plywood, arched back and all

Muff Wiggler
i also like to jam All Bllues on mine 8)

in fact it's the first thing I ever learned to play on the bass, always been my go-to tune

Ron Carter ftw! SlayerBadger!
Cat-A-Tonic
Please tell us about the EH Tube Zipper.
In this thread or a new one if you like/think it best.
I've always been curious about that one.
A sound sample would be great. Coffee Addiction FTW
Muff Wiggler
glad you asked about that, in my opinion it's the most interesting and impressive EH product ever... really unique and hard to describe, but let me try...

as far as I understand it, it's this -

First there's an envelope follower, before anything else so it'll pick up a clean envelope pre-distortion of your picking dynamics.

then there's a tube boost, you can use it pretty much clean, or then if you increase the knob a bit, as a mild-to-roaring tube boost-overdrive-distortion. You can leave all the filtering and lfo'ing and envelope following out of the mix, and just use it as a distortion

following the boost, there is basically a tube version of a Q-Tron. Which is a modernization of the Mu-Tron III. Which is basically the envelope generator linked to the cutoff of a funky, quacky multimode filter.

Using this part of the Tube Zipper, you can leave the distortion off, and dial up a pretty good envelope-wah, however it's not as clean as the Q-Tron/Mu-Tron/Dr.Q style envelope filter we all know and love. It's dirtier and grittier and tubey-er.

Of course you can mix the two and get some really gnarly blends of screeching distortion into envelope filter.

Finally there's an LFO that can be used in the "TRILL" mode, that seems to be linked to the filter cutoff through a vca that is controlled by the envelope filter. This LFO also seems to be somoewhat slightly linked to the filter's output, because when the filter gets really hot and starts oscillating, it causes the LFO to 'latch on' more strongly (increasing the VCA), as well as to modulate the speed of the LFO.

Now here's where it gets interesting. The unit can be made to self-oscillate like most filters, just by increasing the resonance control. however there's so much sweep from the envelope followers, it's easy to setup the unit in a way that you can cause the filter to self oscillate by playing hard, and then the oscillations tame out and go away as you play softer.... hard to explain but if you ever need to make the sounds of a space battle while using your guitar this works well.

i can try to make some recordings after this next round of travel ends (getting ready to head out tomorrow), i've been having a lot of fun lately using it with my modular through the stilon adapter
Cat-A-Tonic
Thanks for the review Muff. Tube Zipper sounds tastey.
Take it easy out there on the road/in the air.
Kent
Moog$FooL$ wrote:
hello Kent.

is that Gibson amp the GA-RVT 79 or thereabouts??

i love those old Gibson amps, i've been after The Falcon for sometime.
love love love

Yes, sir. That's the one. Probably the last amp that I'd part with out of my collection. The other three rarities are a 1964 Ampeg Reverb-o-Rocket, 1969 Ampeg Portaflex B-12XT, & 1972 Orange OR120 Combo with original 30 Watt Celestions.

All of these amps sound so different from each other.
Muff Wiggler
Clearing out my camera's memory, here's a pic of the latest pedal additions over the last little while

Kent
Wow! You jumped on that Blackstone with a quickness! Thoughts?
Muff Wiggler
Kent wrote:
Wow! You jumped on that Blackstone with a quickness! Thoughts?

Yes I did 8_)

(btw, I fixed that coolguy smiley for you.....)

I think it's fantastic and leaves all other OD's I've tried behind in the dust. I find all the tubescreamers and their ilk are nice for a BIT of drive, but they aren't going to give you that 'blasting tube amp' effect in a box.

Now, neither does the Blackstone. Nothing does except for a pushed tube amp cranked and pushing around a pile of air.

But..... The Blackstone gets far, far, far closer than any pedal I have tried before. It actually works better than I had expected it to - I'm very happy with it.

Complaints - in buffered mode, it's a little less reactive, more samey...this is ok and was expected....however I need to add a bit of boost (my #1 guitar has very weak output pickups) in order to get the Blackstone to 'roar' in an acceptable way, so I need to put at least my compressor in front of it, which means buffered mode. Not a big deal

Here's what gets me the most though - the internal pregain trimpot. The manual warns that if you turn it all the way up, you may get oscillation. And you do, so the manual is right.

However, also when it is ALL the way up, you only get oscillation when there's no signal, you bust a big fat chord, the oscillation goes away (for a while) and when it is cranked like this, here's where you get the best and most realistic and powerful overdrive sound from this pedal. Just awesome. I want to leave it fully cranked, because the sound is JUST what I want. But the oscillation is too much. Noise gate? Ok, but I don't like gated guitars.

Anyway, well worth the money - very very satisfied with this, and it is outperforming my expectations. Having two channels is awesome. I have brown set to 'just a little brown' and red set to DESTROY. Loving it.

Mind you, this mini-review is based on about 1 hour I got to try it before leaving for the airport. d'oh! So I can't say I'm overly experienced, but that's my current thoughts. Thanks a million for suggesting this, it's making me very happy SlayerBadger!
Moog$FooL$
SlayerBadger! Coffee Addiction FTW SlayerBadger!

u know, one of the things i love about this forum, it's when we talk of guitars, pedals & amps!!!! nice to take a break from modulars.

muff said: I think it's fantastic and leaves all other OD's I've tried behind in the dust. I find all the tubescreamers and their ilk are nice for a BIT of drive, but they aren't going to give you that 'blasting tube amp' effect in a box.

i say: have u tried the ZVEX box o rock??? i hate to be a zvex homer, but that pedal is actually really great, imho. for me it made all the tubescreamers completely obsolete.
DonaldCrunk

my little guitar noisemaking board. nothing as rare as many of you gents, though.
DasDachshund
Some really tasty stuff in this thread so far.

Not pictured is a zvex wah probe and a re201 space echo (love ) The fuzz face was a custom job by MJM with some funky germ. transistors I haven't seen before.

Too many other amps, not pictured.

Been moving the studio around, here's some of the pedal collection:

Possessed dachshunds get the best tone.
Muff Wiggler
well little update, mostly as I emptied my camera's memory for the first time in a while...

some recent pedal arrivals in the last few months:

Analogman Chorus with all the extras - blend trimpot, depth switch, speed CV input and stereo outs. Got this to power my stereo amp setup and WOW am I happy with that big, 3D sound.

Analogman King of Tone v4 w/external 3-way mode toggle for the red side.

Fridgebuzzz Land of the Rising Fuzzz, purchased from Mr. Fridgebuzzz himself who is a member of this forum. This thing is outrageous fun, it's a Shin-Ei clone and makes me sound just like the Jesus and Mary Chain, which is EXACTLY what I was hoping for SlayerBadger!

thesquarewaveparade Teaspoon CAS. Only one pictured but I love this thing so much I ordered a second one and use the pair for stereo drum machine mangling. Absolutely priceless and wins the award for most stuff crammed into a small space. Amazing!

Now these next pics were posted in other threads here, but since this is the "show your setup" thread I'll repost a couple here.

First of all, I added a second Swart amp, it's a custom-specced AST Mk.II head and custom 2x12 cab loaded with Celestion Blue's...

I pair it up with my AST combo and run them both in stereo...

Lots more pics of these beauties in the "Swart Amp Porn" thread if you are interested.

And finally I picked up an acoustic steel string after lots of looking for the right one. It's a Guild. I love it to bits. Lots more pics in the Guild thread as well if you're interested.

Synesthesia
Hi Guys, what a nice thread ...

I have quite some standard stuff really, few guitars, a basse, amps a drumkit and things ( yeah i like a bit of everything Rockin' Banana! )

my outstanding stuff would be :

My Emily the strange epiphone - I've added some seymour duncan invaders pick ups - i love it :

My Austrian Cithare ( I'm not playing it, it's an Antique ... I should get rid of it but well ... do you know a lot of Cithare player ??? )

and my beloved indian Sitar !
Muff Wiggler
seems silly to keep updating this thread with my pedal purchases but hey.

I got rid of my Silver Kiss because I really didn't like it. The guy who took it is supposed to send me a Cherry Pop in return, but still hasn't and I'm getting worried. He's not a user here though, and I'm not yet ready to call him out. I did make the trade on a forum where I've been ripped off twice in the past, so shame on me really.

And I recently got this gem from Whyterabbyt:

chromium
Got me an octave doubler! screaming goo yo

diablojoy
A few of my guitars and my rig nothing amazing and not great pics but you get that
dodecabilly
This is my beautiful hand-made guitar, that my friend and band mate have made for me couple of years ago. Her name is Slablastla Okla, we both have designed it, it's made of local woods, and have a long 709 mm scale. Even the pickups are hand-wound to my specs. I absolutely adore it, every other guitar sounds like crap to me after playing this one.

Not all of these amps are mine, just the Fender Pro Reverb on he right.
Cheradenine
In addition to twisting knobs, I'm a bass player (kinda - like with the modular I'm mostly making noise rather than playing pop tunes...)

On the left, a natural Ibanez BTB550,mostly unused since I laid my hands on the G&L SB-1 sitting in the center.

The blue light from the power tubes gives some really nice shot, so here's a photo of the four 6L6 in my Ampeg V4-B :
Babaluma
i have a very modest pedal setup here:

at the back is the fromel seraph deluxe dimensional chorus, in front of that is the germanium fuzzface made for me by haiku-ish (thanks, it's amazing!). they are perched on top of the zerotronics coolsprings le stereo spring reverb. on the left is a boss dm-2, and on the right a reamp.

not visible are the avalon u5 d.i., ebow, or the guitars themselves!
tuj
Danotranto

Danotranto
nevermind
otolathe
Pics of my exceedingly excessive amp collection. Don't get me started on guitars and pedals.

... and yes, I love these little bastards, too!

MrBiggs
Finally, some guitar porn. Muffwiggler bought my Machinedrum and as a result I bought a G&L. Fitting exchange.

It's an ASAT Classic, it sounds just great (though I'm not any good at all yet). The amp is my daughter's little 12w Orange. I'm working up to a Rivera or Swart. The bottom photo includes the two Squier Strats we have as well.

Jason Brock
Moog$FooL$ wrote:
where's the Gibson luv???

Here's my Les Paul Vintage Mahogany. I used to be a Strat guy mostly but I love the tone of this particular LP.

MrBiggs
That's awesome that you found that LP in a tree. I found my G&L in the computer.

I like me some single coil but I know at some point I'm gonna want to freak out the cat with some humbuckers. A red Les Paul is what I think about. Red and black.
Jason Brock
MrBiggs wrote:
That's awesome that you found that LP in a tree.

I know, right?
Lesson learned: chop down all your trees. You never know what you'll find in there.

I'm going to need some single coil action soon. I used to have an ES-137 with P90s that was awesome, still kicking myself for selling it.
Muff Wiggler
well my old pedal pics are kinda out of date now as they come and go, plus I'm selling a bunch so I dug 'em all out to take a group pic

just let me know if you're curious what any of 'em are

indexofmetals
nice collection. what are the two below the b:assmaster? and is the el capitstan as good as they say? and finally what does the creepy fingers do?
Muff Wiggler
The two below the B:assmaster are both fuzz boxes

The El Cap is really REALLY nice!

And the Creepy Fingers is a 'modern' reproduction of the IC-based Big Muff Pi.
VinceL
My basses:

First pic is Peavey MIDI-Bass, Rick, Epiphone Alan Woody, Dan Armstrong, and Epiphone Flying V

The EB-3's: 2 Gibson SG basses, Epiphone EB-3 Elite, and Gibson EB-3 (bought in 1973)

For amps, I have the Ashdown Mini-Stack, GK 400RB head with 2 Hartke cabs. Not shown are Yorkville and Yamaha 50 watt amps. I only have 2 pedals: GK Diesel Dawg and a Digitech BP200.
James Mandible
Muff I've been wondering for a while what that Bees Please pedal does, google doesn't seem to show me a thing on it seriously, i just don't get it
Muff Wiggler
it's a one-off, there wouldn't be anything on the web anywhere about it

it's two super-hard-on's in one pedal, one into the next
James Mandible
Haha well that explains it then! Sounds rad! SlayerBadger!
Kayzer

James Mandible
That is a rad collection! love
Popski
I'm still searching for the right fuzz for my one bass rig. Closest I've come to satisfied is modded mid 90's black sovtek BMP. And I still love the Brown Dog.
zerosum
we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy Kayzer
Beautiful love
I could stare at this page all day(and I have been hihi )
zerosum

With Motherfucker strings hihi w00t

Guess what's on its way in the mail....... 8_)
Popski
Travis Bean-ish.. very nice!!
pas
Kayzer, good god! nice set of tools...you've got me misty eyed over my ring stinger i sold a few years ago, damn
pulplogic
zerosum wrote:

Sweet, you must be psyched. SlayerBadger!
pulplogic
Kayzer wrote:

Kayzer, your collection is mind blowing. I'd love to here the origins of the obsession.
swakowski
i want that 87 with the two exp/cv controls. super jelly.
smetak
CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!!!! I'M SPEECHLESS!!!!!
impaledfaith
zerosum wrote:

congrats!!! it finally arrived!! that is one beautiful guitar!!

Rockin' Banana! It's peanut butter jelly time! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
zerosum
Quote:
Popski wrote:

pulplogic wrote:

impaledfaith wrote:

Thanks 8_)

It's a Standard Series One made byElectrical Guitar Company in Pensacola, Florida.

All aluminum is where the "standard" part of the name comes from, and Series One is the body shape.
It traditionally comes stock with saddles made by EGC, but I got mine with Graphite saddles.
I got the biggest strings I could find(at the time) 60-12's, and have it tuned to CGCFAD.

This is the finest stringed instrument I have ever played in my life love
I know it is typical for me to say that hihi
To anyone that has never played an all aluminum guitar, this looks like "just another guitar."
But it has a resonance that can't be explained, and when the strings are pounded really hard it resonates in another unexplainable way.
I feel that anyone who plays a stringed instrument owes it to themself to experience an aluminum instrument before they die, It's like playing another instrument entirely(even though it's still a guitar hihi )
The neck is unbelievably smooth and slick, I can't explain it, you really have to try it so you can see w00t

The guitar is indestructible.
The frets are stainless steel.
I can't imagine the neck ever warping.
The only thing that appears to be mortal is the tuners, and probably the volume/tone knobs, those might not survive being thrown through a window hihi

If anything ever does happen, Kevin is very reachable and eager to support his products. There really is no fucking around with this guitar, it was made to played for a lifetime.
If there is anything left to bury, I will be buried with this guitar.

The wait time varies depending on the guitar, most everything he builds is customized to the buyers wishes in some way.
I couldn't have asked for a better guitar, while I won't be selling any of my wood guitars, they won't be getting played much for a while.
I can't put this thing down, it sits in my lap while I check e-mails lol

I'll make a thread for it eventually when I have some decent sounds recorded and some more informative things to say.

love love love
Thank you EGC! we're not worthy
sduck
Hey Pulp Logic: Don't Ever Repost a whole set of pictures like that.

Zerosum - looks fantastic! I want one now.
Kayzer
Thanks for all the nice comments guys, those are just a couple o best of pictures i did over the last couple of years.
I have to admit that I sold some of those pedals due to whatever reason from time to time and there are still lots of new pedals not pictured.
I might come up with a new collection picture at some point ;-)

Whatever, my obsession started with basic guitar GAS but since I have 2 Teuffel guitars the GAS for guitars is at 0% since a year and its all about pedals now a days…
Kayzer
zerosum wrote:
Quote:
Popski wrote:

pulplogic wrote:

impaledfaith wrote:

Thanks 8_)

It's a Standard Series One made byElectrical Guitar Company in Pensacola, Florida.

All aluminum is where the "standard" part of the name comes from, and Series One is the body shape.
It traditionally comes stock with saddles made by EGC, but I got mine with Graphite saddles.
I got the biggest strings I could find(at the time) 60-12's, and have it tuned to CGCFAD.

This is the finest stringed instrument I have ever played in my life love
I know it is typical for me to say that hihi
To anyone that has never played an all aluminum guitar, this looks like "just another guitar."
But it has a resonance that can't be explained, and when the strings are pounded really hard it resonates in another unexplainable way.
I feel that anyone who plays a stringed instrument owes it to themself to experience an aluminum instrument before they die, It's like playing another instrument entirely(even though it's still a guitar hihi )
The neck is unbelievably smooth and slick, I can't explain it, you really have to try it so you can see w00t

The guitar is indestructible.
The frets are stainless steel.
I can't imagine the neck ever warping.
The only thing that appears to be mortal is the tuners, and probably the volume/tone knobs, those might not survive being thrown through a window hihi

If anything ever does happen, Kevin is very reachable and eager to support his products. There really is no fucking around with this guitar, it was made to played for a lifetime.
If there is anything left to bury, I will be buried with this guitar.

The wait time varies depending on the guitar, most everything he builds is customized to the buyers wishes in some way.
I couldn't have asked for a better guitar, while I won't be selling any of my wood guitars, they won't be getting played much for a while.
I can't put this thing down, it sits in my lap while I check e-mails lol

I'll make a thread for it eventually when I have some decent sounds recorded and some more informative things to say.

love love love
Thank you EGC! we're not worthy

WOW that EGC and that Metasonix Amp and just WOW...
krz
chromium wrote:
The other one I use quite a bit is a '73 Gibson Triumph. This also has low-impedance pickups that give out nice broad frequency response (without being active), and it also has a high impedance mode for gettin some filth thru the tube amp:

I can get a staggering array of tones out of this thing, but it still has its own unique voice- and theres really just one setting in particular that I've honed in on. The Triumph is all mahogany (and a big-ass chunk of a body at that), the neck is slim, slender, and comfy, and I bought this particular one from a dude who had it stuffed in his closet for 30+ years. The only down-side is its kind of heavy at 10.4 pounds. It balances well enough, though, to where I can gig it without curling up into a fetal position mid-set.

I've only ever seen one other bass like this in the 70's.
Great looking bass! I thought it sounded like it had a neck positioned humbucker type sound when I heard a Top40 band covering "The Cars" - Lets Go. I have a Steinberger XL-2A.
chromium
krz wrote:
chromium wrote:

I've only ever seen one other bass like this in the 70's.
Great looking bass! I thought it sounded like it had a neck positioned humbucker type sound when I heard a Top40 band covering "The Cars" - Lets Go. I have a Steinberger XL-2A.

I always wanted a Steiny like yours. Great bass, and distinctive voice. (always makes me think of Jamaaladeen Tacuma's Renaissance Man)

That Triumph is still one of my all time favorites! Most of its sound shaping happens with a 3-pos tone selector switch. Each of the two pickups is a low-impedance humbucker, and each coil has three taps hanging off of it (eight wires coming from each pickup!). That switch selects between the different taps, and you can get anything from a huge woolly boom, to crystalline highs. The magic happens somewhere in between those extremes.

I have a couple of old Gibson EBs too - the EB-3 (SG body) and EB-2D (335 body). Compared to the Triumph those are even more idiosyncratic, but endearing. The neck pickups are these massive overwound (~30K) humbuckers that can destroy sheetrock thru the right rig, and the sound shaping is done there with LC filters. That EB-2 (and the Epi Rivoli) is notorious for its rather limited selection of tones - one being a non-distinct amorphous bass blob, and the other a nasal twang devoid of any bass ("baritone" mode; think Yardbirds). Turns out that this filter is never really out of the circuit, and so I modified that one with a 3-pos toggle in place of the original push-button to render the original sounds plus a third "unfiltered" tone - and that one really opened it up! Opinions on these basses are polarized, but they are really fun to play and I can coax some interesting and useful sounds out of them.

As long as I'm back in the guitar section, here's my most recent addition - early '73 Ric 4001 in Jetglo:

Shown there sitting next to a Mapleglo '78 4001 that I've had for ~25 years!
indexofmetals
zerosum wrote:

I just sent him my deposit tonight. A friend had told me about them and then another one told me about your post. so I owe you a thanks. It'll be Jazzmaster body but with bass vi neck.
Muff Wiggler
the way pedals come and go around here i've been meaning to do this for a while, it's helpful enough just so that i can look to see what can be sacrificed when GAS hits. And I was overdue to reorganize my big box o' pedals so here's what's currently being swapped in and out of my guitar signal.....

Moog$FooL$
Muff Wiggler wrote:
the way pedals come and go around here i've been meaning to do this for a while, it's helpful enough just so that i can look to see what can be sacrificed when GAS hits. And I was overdue to reorganize my big box o' pedals so here's what's currently being swapped in and out of my guitar signal.....

nice stuff man!! Rockin' Banana! nanners SlayerBadger! applause thumbs up

what do you think of that Interfax harm. perc.??
Muff Wiggler
thanks! The HarmPerc is nicer than I expected - it does the hard square fuzz thing I figured it would - which is a great and totally unique, aggressive fuzz - but the pedal is also really flexible in regards to making nice sounds at lower levels of drive... you can use it very sparingly if you want and still get a GREAT sound.

Really nice pedal... really crap build quality though. I had to repair quite a bit of it when it arrived, basically new :(
construct09
Is that an original harm perc muff?
I got the chuck collins version
Muff Wiggler
mine's a chuck collins as well
Moog$FooL$
thanx for the info. thumbs up

i've always wanted to attempt a build of a similar circuit..... this has been occasionally on my mind after seeing Albini do that demo of his original version.

just they way that pedal can help with feedback!! i was all like.... woah woah woah nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
Moog$FooL$
oh yeah..... this too! headbang jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop headbang
construct09
I have read they sound better getting 12v, anyone tried?
dkcg
How much attenuation does the Swart nightlite get you? I'm debating between the swart, since it's for the swart, or a weber. Who would have known 5 watts is freaking loud, especially through a pair of 12's.
Muff Wiggler
it's hard to say how much exactly - it's not a continuous attenuator, it's got three settings (well, four sorta....), 'a bit', 'a bit more' and 'a lot'

when on the lowest attenuation setting, there's a bulb-based comp that can be turned on or off (it's not active in the other two stronger attenuation settings)

it's the only attenuator I've ever owned, and almost the only one i've ever used... i messed with a THD hotplate once that a friend had, I didn't like how much it squished the sound

and another friend has a REALLY nice Goodsell amp with a built-in attenuator that I tried once as well. Not as squashed as the THD but it seemed like the highs and lows rolled off and you got mostly mids.

anyway I'm really happy with the Swart one.... it doesn't kill the sound NEARLY as much as the THD or the Goodsell... actually on the lowest atten setting ('a bit') I really can't tell the difference in the sound. In fact in this lowest setting, with the bulb comp active, I sometimes like it a bit better than the sound of my amp on it's own... at least for cleans. the bulb compression adds a nice little touch it seems

but the lowest setting isn't very attenuated at all....certainly takes a few decibels off but if you are cranking your amp (and yes these fuckers are LOUD!!! you wouldn't believe the 18w, OMG) and it's pissing people off, it's not going to piss them off any less with this atten on it's lowest setting.

the mid setting is obviously where it is best - it probably cuts your volume about in half. You do get a slightly less dynamic sound - it's noticible but not bad at all, you would only notice if you were a/b'ing it. If you walked in on someone playing with it at this atten level you probably wouldn't think his amp was atten'ed - still sounds gorgeous and full as a Swart should.

the highest atten setting is pretty quiet. I can't compare it to anything. They advertise "sleeping baby upstairs quiet" but I'm not sure about that. If you are only putting the amp's gain to 3 or 4, yes, sleeping baby upstairs will be fine.....

But if you put the amp to 11 you're still gonna piss off the neighbours, at least with the 18w.

This highest atten setting is less dynamic and 'roomy' compared to the un-attenuated amp, obviously. Still not squashed and dead like I felt the THD was. And didn't have that "mid-range only" feeling I got from the Goodsell. It's just hard to compare to the fun and response and body from a wide open Swart amp to anything else, you know? It's just gonna feel a little dead in contrast to that.

Anway this isn't really that bad at all. The highest atten setting gives me the chance to put my amp to 4 or 5 at night (which is far more playable than trying to keep it below '1') and still have a blast without waking anyone up. Super hard to complain about that. It's a purchase I'm very happy with. I'd never bought an atten before because I've always been a little dubious about them, both in sound/response and the possibility of harming your amp. This little guy is far handier than expected, and nicer sounding than I thought an atten could be.

Also it can act as a load box with line out so I can run my AST head directly into a board and then monitor on some headphones. Doesn't get any quieter than that!

hope this helps
dkcg
Yup. That totally helps. I wish I could try out a Weber somewhere and hear the difference between resistors and a speaker motor. I'll probably go with the Swart after I get my car back from the shop. I have a HotPlate for the Twin, but it does suck some tone. Not badly, but noticeably. I can't even imagine how loud an 18 watt Swart is, the 5 watt sounds more like a 25 watt amp than a 5 watt. eek!

In the meantime, I took a pic of my board at a state I'm happy with. The only thing I have to figure out is where in the chain the Echoplex will go. I may have to put it on a FX loop since it's a little noisey.

The area where the GC and Empress phaser are will be where I swap out 1 or 2 pedals depending on what I want in teh FX chain. The rest up to the Octa'59 octave fuzz, I'm very happy with. And believe it or not, it's incredibly quiet to the point I don't know it's on w/o looking at the lights, even with the fuzz on. Rockin' Banana!
doctorvague
zapp550
This is most of my current setup
Gutmann

Hi all. 1st posting. This is fun!
construct09
Welcome!
whats the LP shaped guitar with the p90? + hb?
looks nice and simple
Gutmann
Thanks! I forgot to write some words to the pictures.

The goldtop is a Nik Huber Krautster and the bridge-hb coiltaps so its pretty versatile. The others are a '94 g&l asat, '93 ES335, the strat is made by Trev Wilkinson (fretking).
I do not own the prosonic anymore although it is one great pedal amp.
AntManBee
Here's my lot:

2004 Gibson Historic R0

1986 Fender Vintage Series Stratocaster

1956 Fender Champion Lap Steel

1971 Fender Mustang Bass

1959 Fender Harvard 5F10 & 1958 Supro 'Super' 1606

RMC Picture Wah; Sweetsound Mojo Vibe; Demeter Tremulator; Devi Ever Shoe Gazer; 1978 MXR Dynacomp; 1976 MXR script logo Phase 90; Fulltone '69.
Breitnersn

G&L Tribute Asat Special

Empress Phaser
MXR Phase 90
Pigtronix Disnortion
SansAmp Para Drive DI
T.C. Electronic Vintage Distortion
T.C. Electronic Vintage Tremolo
Boss TU-3
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-20
Boss RC-2

Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Blonde Tolex
valis
Wow you all have some neat stuff. Here's my setup. Not quite as pretty but it does the trick. Does anybody else like the old Peavey T-40s and T-60s?

MindMachine
What are those black faced duplicated devices in your rack?

That guitar has a great look. I have never seen one.
valis
Nothing fancy. Just two duplicate Kawai mixers. I like the old Peavey stuff. Apparently they were the first guitars to be made using a CNC machine but I'm not sure if that's true.
Danotranto
Danotranto

heh heh

better pic
Adam-V

Cheers,
Adam-V
Danotranto
Popski

I have a bunch of heads and cabs that I intermingle depending on what is in the shop at the moment. Traynor YBA-3 Custom Special is such an under rated monster amp. I love it and want another.
Danotranto
nice! Just started reading about how cool 70s traynors are, theres a yba1 I'm thinking about picking up, i guess its a jtm45 clone
Danotranto

halp!! Im addicted to JMPs!
Popski
I'd like a JMP! I've never owned a Marshall head... seriously, i just don't get it I dunno why.
I'm addicted to buying 70's Canadian gear.. Garnet / Traynor / Verlage
Popski
aaaand.. my OR80 is back.. I thought the Laney was a ballsy replacement but it is tinny and tiny in comparison.. Welcome back ole buddy..
Now with a killer Merc Magnetics Custom Job Iron in there. It is insanely crunchy.

soundinett
Kayzer wrote:

soundinett
o.k, I´ll take the teuffels
doctorvague
I've been scheming on a small live pedalrig for months.
Finally got to go Wah shopping and also found the fucking marvelous Xotic Ep-booster at Rainbow Guitars in Tucson.
Snagged the Modfactor off Ebay.
The Modfactor will really help get a bunch of specific FX set up
for live gig songs and doesn't seem to suck tone (so far).
Just need to route power on this thing and then use it at a gig tomorrow.
The aluminum box is a Marshall Bluesbreaker clone
purposely set close to the Diablo to A-B switch (with my W-I-D-E feet).
This wah - the RMC-1 is growly-vowely as fuck. Perfect for our music.
more pics later

Danotranto

i really need a board/less ugly rug
Savage
Of all of my guitars, this one is my absolute favorite. And I guess it should be since I built it back in 1998. I modeled after Roy Buchanan's "Nancy". It has 18 coats of shellac, three coats of varnish, and I used six times the yellow analine stain I was supposed to use in the shellac. To give it an aged butterscotch look, I soaked the tobacco from a cigarette in mineral spirits, strained it through a coffee filter, and added it to the color. And it worked! When setting up for a gig shortly after I built it, a guy saw it sitting in the open case and said, "Wow! How old is that guitar?" I had it set up for country music at that time, but it's now back to my favorite jazz setup.

The body and neck are from Stew-Mac, the pick guard is a flat black 5-hole, and I have Strap-Lok strap pins on it right now. The tuners are Mini-Grovers, and I used a 6-piece bridge instead of the vintage 3-piece. The bridge pickup is a Seymour Duncan TM-1 (I think? It's the higher-output model). I had a choice for the neck pickup as I had two. I went with a Fender neck pickup that a luthier had replaced in a guitar that belonged to blues guitarist, Max Drake. I had hoped that perhaps it would add some vibe to it. The wiring is modern standard wiring with a 3-position Tele switch. I can get a nice slightly-phased sound from the middle switch position. It has the typical hum of a Tele, and playing live it was never a problem. But I tried using it on a recording gig, and the hum was too much for the engineer to handle. I could barely hear it, but he just freaked. So I'll probably copper-shield all of the cavities and see if that helps some, though I know the single-coils are still going to hum at least a little.

Please forgive the crappy iPhone photo. I thought I had a photo of my 1957 National Grand Console triple-neck 8-string non-pedal steel guitar, but I can't seem to find it. I'll see if I can get a photo of it tonight along with my favorite amp, a tweed Peavey Classic Fifty.
smetak
Nothing terribly impressive.

Main guitar is an old, beaten, mid-70s, Les Paul copy. Modified endlessly, ripped apart constantly (currently uses Hot Rails Seymour Duncan at neck - for the bridge, I have no idea - a Kahler tremolo was added by one of the former owners, who played hard and heavy; never used it) and an integral part of 80s music scene in San Sebastian, present in all of the city's seminal moments - many tales to tell.

[img]

My pedal board is in constant flux - had some frostwaves and a goatkeeper which I ended up substituting for the delay boxes. Had to keep the Pitchfactor out of the picture - the board weighs a ton and am getting old to drag this around. The RC30 isn't very impressive, would love to get a Boomerang III, but too big for the space I have left. Seriously thinking in substituting the Cathedral for Strymon's Blue Sky, but can't really make up my mind.

[/img]

The rare Coum Transmissions poster added for decorative purposes only - hehehehe.
jskadiang
Awwright, first post here! Here's mine:

dkcg
jskadiang wrote:

I want those two fuzzes down in the corner...
And the head. Nice setup! thumbs up

Savage wrote:
I thought I had a photo of my 1957 National Grand Console triple-neck 8-string non-pedal steel guitar, but I can't seem to find it. I'll see if I can get a photo of it tonight along with my favorite amp, a tweed Peavey Classic Fifty.

I almost bought a double 8 National Steel, I think the Grand Console, but legs are missing. I waited it out end ended up with a late 50's Fender Dual 8 Stringmaster short scale with legs and case. grin

Here's my steel baby.
shred
jskadiang wrote:

Nice setup dude! And welcome!
What kind of head is that?
Also, on the right, that is the sickest fuckin guitar I've ever seen. Is it a baritone?
jskadiang
Thank you! It's a Top Hat Emplexador, Marshall type deal that goes from a plexi to JCM800 with a flick of a switch, fantastic amp really.

The guitar is an Electrical Guitar Company standard, it's a build-to-order (all of them are) and no it's a standard scale although Kevin the owner is more than glad to make baritones. The kicker's the neck made of aluminum, kind of like the Travis Beans of the current decade. Here: www.electricalguitarcompany.com
machetemirage

Just had this DIY job done, in desperate need of a simple board to take to band practice and upcoming shows. If I can fit in a Pigtronix Philosopher King and Infinity Looper in the empty spaces at the top, I'll be a happy camper! Rockin' Banana!
smetak
Oh, a Moog Ring Modulator right into the WMD - slick set up! Any demos of this? Love to hear your board in the workings.
machetemirage
smetak wrote:
Oh, a Moog Ring Modulator right into the WMD - slick set up! Any demos of this? Love to hear your board in the workings.

Sure!

A noodle session with the signal path as shown. A subtle spring reverb is coming from the space.:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3804194/RingCounter.wav

Put the moog carrier through the GC and back to be ring modulated for some really off the wall tones. Here I use it as a sort of buzzing ambience by dialing the mix down. El Cap is on throughout, some space(blackhole) is added for fun at the end.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3804194/WMDcarrier.wav
smetak
Great! Will save this for later - at work right now - no fun, no play. But will definitively give this spin.

Just hope I won't be irredeemably hooked on a Moog RM after hearing this.....cheers.
zerosum
I spend a lot of time in this room

Moog$FooL$
i hope your hearing is in better shape than i'm worried it might be.

eek!
polyslax
Incoming...

Big change in direction coming up as I return to my musical home base.
Chiefy11
Got this bad boy this month. 100 watts, your typical horn and rotor speakers, plus a pair of 6x9s on the sides with reverb and some sort of "space generator" coupled to the horn speed.

The Deluxe Preamp to control the speed and reverb, as well as allowing you to plug in a combo organ, synth, or guitar.

Lastly is the first real pedals I have gotten, I paid $20 for the Stereo Flanger, don't be fooled by the battery cover, the stereo phaser has only 3 knobs. The original owner must have lost the original cover. The big muff I just had to get after testing my mini through a friend's pedalboard.

filmersam
Here's my rig!

All the EGC's on this page are beautiful! Big fan of aluminium smile
zerosum
Quote:
Big fan of aluminium

Nice rig 8_)
What are the details of your guitar?

Aluminum was something I wanted for about 6 years before I actually
ordered one.
Now I want more, but an aluminum bass has to come first.
Addicted forever... MY ASS IS BLEEDING
sduck
It's a Kramer 350G!
Moog$FooL$
Travis Bean cum Kramer! Rockin' Banana!
construct09
Whats the wait time on EGCs currently?
filmersam
sduck wrote:
It's a Kramer 350G!

Sure is, well, its a bit of a hybrid - its got the 450g nut (one with rollers) and stamped pickup covers. Sounds beautiful!
I actually got this one from the U.S, there seems to be quite a few around - at maybe half the weight and price of a travis bean.
zerosum
construct09 wrote:
Whats the wait time on EGCs currently?

No other source could be more accurate than the information that would come from contacting the manufacturer directly. smile

Quote:
Sure is, well, its a bit of a hybrid - its got the 450g nut (one with rollers) and stamped pickup covers. Sounds beautiful!

Looks beautiful, I'm sure it plays nice too! w00t
Kurge71
my latest home rig

skullservant
Here is what I'm working with currently.

The guitar:
2000's ABC (now Obstructures) custom .75 guitar. Tuned in B standard right now.

Jet City JCA20 Verellen Mod into custom 1x12 Verellen Bass cab
Just picked up the Traynor head on Monday, and I'm totally digging it.
It's 200w SS at 4 ohms, but I'm running it at 8 ohms so it's a little quieter.

The most recent picture of my board, it's about to be completely different here soon as most of the pedals are going to be turned into a giant multi-drive box.

Madbean Optical Compressor -> ARC Gamut -> EHX Ring Thing -> Madbean Egghead -> Earthbound Super Collider Clone -> TimeFactor with Aux Switch -> DD7 (replaced with a Trinity Reverb)

zerosum
Quote:
Here is what I'm working with currently.

Looks at pictures........
Signs out to go play guitar.....

I like your guitar.
love
I googled the name and found this picture
applause

I'm bookmarking that guitar builders site.
Moog$FooL$
i'm with Zerosum on this one!!
woah!!!

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy

thanx for the heads up about that builder.
skullservant
No problem dudes! And yeah, it's as tough as that picture shows.

Unlike EGC's bodies, it's solid .75" aluminum. I love me an EGC, but I love my Obstructures sooooo much.

It's actually had the pickups replaced, they used to be DiMarzio's, but I sent it down to Kev who put in new EGC P90's. REALLY awesome P90's
Moog$FooL$
eek! eek!

must weigh.... um, a lot?? seriously, i just don't get it

Lollar p-90's for me Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! but yeah, bet those egc are great too.
construct09
Great looking headstocks on these!
I,d like to see some different Body shapes though
LP jr DC for me please!
skullservant
It weighs about 10 pounds. Since it's thin it doesn't weigh an excruciating amount luckily!
deltaphoenix
^^^^ I love this guy!^^^^

MY ASS IS BLEEDING
skullservant
deltaphoenix wrote:
^^^^ I love this guy!^^^^

MY ASS IS BLEEDING

HEY DELTA!
tuj

Guitars:
Fender US Strat with lace pickups
Fender Kurt Cobain Sig.Ed Mustang
Fender Jaguar HH
Fender Duo-Sonic with Seymore Duncans
Fender Squier Strat early Korean-made
BC Rich Mockingbird ST
Ibanez Guitar midi controller
Roland G707
Baritone guitar
Fender jazz bass

Amps:
Fender Frontman 25R
Fender Silverface champ
Fender Silverface bassman 100
Orange Microterror head and cab
Ibanez Tubescreamer 5watt head
Epiphone Valve Jr Hot Rot Head
Jet City Picovalve
Peavey Valveking 100 head
Newcomb custom 15watt head
Kustom 4x12 cab
Line 6 combo amp
Carvin Quad-X preamp
Digitech Studio preamp
Mesa Boogie Studio preamp
Tech 21 preamp
Carvin 450 fet power amp
2x12 cab loaded with Celestian 75's.
Fender Prosonic combo
Carvin Microbass

FX:
well, a lot, but some fav's are
Pigtronix Polysaturator, Aria distortion
Devi Ever Silver crank
WMD Geiger Counter with expression pedal
Mrdave1981
I recently downsized my pedalboard... really enjoying just the essentials. Run these into my Swart STR (tuxedo combo).

blue_lu
^feck that is a nice board.

From your pics I think you would REALLY enjoy the manifold drive from resonant electronics.

It is a great pedal, with an actual NEW circuit (yes, no fuzz/ts/rat variant) that sounds stellar. loves my princeton and my tele.
ryangaston
Recently added a couple new friends to the pedalboard...I use Max/MSP for processing too, but computers make for boring pictures. Currently working on a Max patch to create complex MIDI sequences and use the 8 step program as a MIDI-->CV converter. Also experimenting with wireless MIDI via Numark Orbit strapped to my SG. twisted

MindMachine
Not really a set-up, just an insurance picture. A few good pieces, but mostly blah:

I have since addeed a Particle and an Echorec. I sold the Polyphase.
skullservant
Mrdave1981 wrote:
I recently downsized my pedalboard... really enjoying just the essentials. Run these into my Swart STR (tuxedo combo).

A little late on the reply of this, but jeeze I could spend hours with that board. Is the clarinot clean or dirty? Either way... applause
casiopia
Here's my modest guitar rig - Vox 1964 Consort / Moody 1962 Vibrolux.
Not the original baffle on the Moody as replacing the 8'' speaker required making a new baffle. Maybe around 15 watts - she sure sounds crunchy.
The Vox has killer tone, but I find a little tight on the fingerboard. Don't use many effects on guitar generally when rocking out but a little overdrive, vox wahwah running into my re201 takes it to another level.
construct09
Well I,ll be fucked, a Moody on Muffs
beyourdog
Hum, not sure I would exhibit my gear lol
though I play a lefty les paul 56, equipped with a bigsby with P90 into a Swart amp...

I have a distorsion, but I don't really use it much, everything soundwise is transforemd through the Les Paul volume button (for distorsion, the p90 are quite powerful) and tone...
The swart brings reverb and tremolo...
I have a flying V that I play with a Bow and that's it for the electrics...
How and the swart head goes through a 10 inch speaker from one of the first version of the Fender pro-junior, must be from 1994, 1995...nice blue alnico...
construct09
[quote="beyourdog"]Hum, not sure I would exhibit my gear lol
though I play a lefty les paul 56, equipped with a bigsby with P90 into a Swart amp...

Why not? seriously, i just don't get it would love to see your 56 LP
Is your swart 240v
Adam-V
Yeah, show us ya kit ya big tease!

Cheers,
Adam-V
MegaHercZ
My pride and joy

Picture file
doctorvague
I use this board for my live (non-modular) trio gigs.

The right loopmaster switch switches between the 3 distortions- 2 Morning Glories and the Okko Diablo. Combines with all-pedals-off it gives me 4 stages of clean>full on distortion.
The switcher lets me pick one at a time with one button push which is actually a big deal I've been after for a while because I'm switching between vocals and need quick switching and not a bunch of pedal ballet.
It also helps me from hitting the knobs on the pedals with my foot when switching.
The left looper box switches the Backtalk and Pog completely in and out of the circuit
since they tend add a bit of noise (MUCH better since getting a good power supply though).
I use this for recording (sometimes) so that also keeps it cleaner
and I don't have to pull pedals off the board to use 'em separately to record.
The left gas pedal controls the volume of wet Capistan signal.
I'm constantly wanting to adjust that during songs and the El Cap
lets you assign any one function to a pedal and remembers it on power down.
It's REALLY useful at gigs. I can lean on it and get a big wet wash
on a bridge for example and then dry it way down for the next verse.
It's led to some cool creative options I regularly use on some songs.

One of these days I'll probably build a new switcher/loop controller thing in one housing.
I would lay it out a little differently given the choice, but this works OK for now.

Popski

80's MTI SVT + '74 OR80 + 70's Traynor YBA-3 Custom Special.
jmcecil
Ibanez RG3550 ... 57 Strat ... Sterling Bass
... Yamaha Large Body ... Carvin Classical Electric

Various things to step on

Side View ... it's a narrow room so I can't really get a full gear shot.
mwn

Here's most of my guitar gear. Marhsall Vintage Modern half stack, Orange OR50 half stack, 59 Bassman LTD RI, 65 Deluxe Reverb RI, Vox AC4, Victoria 5112, THD Univalve, Late 80's '61 SG Reissue with Bigsby, '52 Tele RI, ~'68 J50, Nash J-Bass, and... some other stuff.

I'm actually about to start thinning this out to pay for more modular!
Mrdave1981
skullservant wrote:
Mrdave1981 wrote:

A little late on the reply of this, but jeeze I could spend hours with that board. Is the clarinot clean or dirty? Either way... applause

Actually that's the midfi pitch pirate. I'm kinda obsessed with tape based effects. The pirate has some nice vibrato, sea sick warble, and chorus in it. I wouldn't classify it as hi-fi, but love it!

...and thanks!
Liquidcolor

noisefield
joe barden are really good tele pickups !
Liquidcolor
I like the Bardens. They don't have the "grit" of real single coils but they're more hi-fi with no hum. The biggest thing I miss from regular Tele pickups is the huge difference between the dark neck pickup and squirrely bridge pickup.
noisefield
yes no hum and it's great !
i haven't notice what you said much
my tele bridge is very bright and i found the neck a lot darker
after that i have a japan 62 custom tele and the pickups were not really great so it's difficult for me to compare the braden to original tele pickups
but if they are properly adjust i think you have a big difference between the two pickups
this is difficult to adjust because it's hard to get the same volume between the two pickup due to the fact that the bridge is very acid, bright ( sometime to bright )
but i think they are awesome pickups and you can play a lot of different music style
dkcg
Compressor would help even out the levels. And give you some extra Twang in the tele as a bonus.

I saw a beautiful Trussart tele last weekend. Std single coil bridge (probably Arcane brand), and a TV jones at the neck. Didn't play it, I'd be too sad leaving the store empty handed. They had 5 Trussarts and I think I saw a Fano or two. woah
noisefield
yes i use a diamond which is an awesome compressor
and for the trussard tele i have played one once and i really enjoy it
it was a model with classic tele pickups and sound beautiful but the price is another thing that my japan tele which is, in fact, also good
jmcecil
I have a new addition ... I went to an amp building seminar and built this guy, then added a couple of Alnico Blues to an old cab I had in storage. The only problem is that it is really LOUD. I need to get a hot plate.

joesilence
my very heavily modified early 70s Fender Telecaster Custom.
i bought it for $350 in 1984.
70s Fenders were considered canoe paddles at the time, so i went about changing things to suit me over the years.

as it appears today:

and in 1985 (after i'd taken off the "F" Bigsby and put on a 3-saddle bridge):

Suburban Bather
The 1x18's are stacked on top because 2x15's and 4x12's are too fucking heavy to lift. Dead Banana Bass is just an Epiphone Goth T-Bird, which I love. Screw expensive stringed planks. The amp is the most important part of your sound! 72 or 73 Ampeg V2 and a pre-Fender buyout SWR SM-400. The V2's power tubes have been replaced with KT88's for a meaner sound.

timmcg
I quit playing live decades ago so I don't have any gear for that but this is what I use for recording. 2 Beltone practice amps (14 watts each) through two 10" speakers. They're open back so I always mic from both sides of each amp and reverse the phase on the rear mic. These things sound perfect for what I need. The pedals are both Ibanez; one's a compressor and the other's a delay so one amp gives a fast slap back when I kick the pedal in. The Tele has been updated with Kinman pups. My other electric is a 1980 Gibson ES Artist with built in compressor / expander made by Moog. A lot of people removed the electronics but I love how they sound so the guitar is stock.

dkcg
I'm super happy with my fuzzes, overdrive and overall basic guitar sound with this board. Took me a few months to get it sorted. I have a bunch of fuzzes and other multiple effects that I can swap out easily.

The Particle and EchoDream2 are in the Pigtronix loop, so that area is swapable with whatever effect I want in the loop. The other channel is open so I can use it with the tape echo, tube reverb, or other external effects. There's also an effects loop in the Badcat Unleash (post power amp, pre re-amp) that I'm using for some light EQ and attenuation on my louder amps.

blt
Here is an album of my current setup...
polyroy
I fucking love this guitar. Had it for about 7 years and don't think I'll ever get rid of it. It plays like a dream and sounds amazing. Really versatile sound, which works for me as I play a variety of stuff.

If the time came to buy another guitar, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another JEM. Preferably one of the older ones with the PAF pro pickups like the JEM7RB.

Acsii
Guess it's time I finally posted my gear... not much I know but it's all I need for what I do.
dkcg
Infinity looper threw the balance I had totally out of wack. Got a slightly bigger PT3.

MindMachine
dkcg wrote:
Infinity looper threw the balance I had totally out of wack. Got a slightly bigger PT3.

Very nice dkcg. That Ventilator seems like a keeper.

Are you still using your Particel and Ravish Sitar?
dkcg
Thanks. It's changed again. No pic yet because it may change again since I'm trying to solve some noise issues.

I rarely ever use the Ravish, but it's got some cool sounds, so I hang on to it. I use the Particle all the time, mainly for weird reverse delays or stuttering glitchy stuff.

The Neo sounds great, but it's just so big. They have another version out, but I don't feel the need to change it out. It's off the board right now due to how big it is.

The pedalboard(s) are in flux right now as I figure out some things, but I think I'll end up with a dirty rock board and a separate looping/effects board.

I really have to stop buying pedals if I'm ever gonna nail down a board... lol
MindMachine
dkcg wrote:

No doubt. Since I stopped buying pedals this year I have bought an EH Analogizer and just got an Ibanez Echoshifter. hihi

Mostly I want a second Particle. It sounds great on everything in a feedback loop.
krv
Theremin/pedal setup... all night long Psychedelia thumbs up

pas
don't really work w/ a board ever, pedals are always shifting around here...did some rearranging & had most of them all together for once, so took a pic for y'all

Tombola
Just a Blues Jr with:

DIY Tubecaster | Mooer Hustle Drive | El Capistan | Boss PS-2 | Lovepedal Babyface Tremolo | DIY Fuzz Factory

dkcg
MindMachine wrote:
dkcg wrote:

No doubt. Since I stopped buying pedals this year I have bought an EH Analogizer and just got an Ibanez Echoshifter. hihi

Mostly I want a second Particle. It sounds great on everything in a feedback loop.

I think I'm done buying pedals for a while after my recent purcheses (Chase Bliss Warped Vinyl and a Moog MF104m). Oh shit! Now I know what I'm putting in the loop of my MF104m once it gets here.

Thanks for the awesome idea, hope it sounds as cool as I think it might. thumbs up

I know what you mean about a second Particle. I use mine mainly for reverse delays, but it would be nice to have two just to have two effects going at once.
Popski
Finally got my Ricky set-up and used it on Canada Day. This thing kind of sucks through my current amp set-up though, which was tweaked for the P bass.

Kingnimrod
not the whole thing - just today's 2 new additions - USA 60s reissue Jazz Bass and Jazzmaster

dkcg
This is my looping board. that exp pedal controls 4 pedals. midi controls and clocks 5 pedals. Also just realized that there's only two hard click switches on the board.

I've said it before, but this time, this board is truly done and I'll start making some music again instead of tinkering and noodleing.

Popski
dkcg wrote:
This is my looping board. that exp pedal controls 4 pedals. midi controls and clocks 5 pedals. Also just realized that there's only two hard click switches on the board.

I've said it before, but this time, this board is truly done and I'll start making some music again instead of tinkering and noodleing.

A) I would love love love to see a lil video going through that rig, some examples. That's a nicely thought out board, gotta say..

B) Love to hear some of the music made with said board..

C) yeah, right... it's truly done.. thumbs up
dkcg
Popski wrote:

A) I would love love love to see a lil video going through that rig, some examples. That's a nicely thought out board, gotta say..

B) Love to hear some of the music made with said board..

C) yeah, right... it's truly done.. thumbs up

The fuzz on the top right is there so I can swap it out with other distortion quickly and painlessly. But here's the signal flow:

Effectrode Compressor->BoxOfWar->Empress Parametric EQ->Empress Tremolo2->Empress Phaser->RedPanda Particle->ChaseBliss WarpedVinyl->Moog 104m->Pigtronix Infinity->Strymon ElCapstran

The dual expression pedal goes out to the particle and Mission Expressionator. The expressionator goes out to CB Warped Vinyl, Infinity, and Moog delay's feedback input. There's also a Kenton Midi splitter and Empress MIDIbox under the board. Midi in (right now the EchoplexDP sends the midi clock) split out to the 104m, Infinity, and MIDIbox. The MIDIbox sends control and midi clock to the Empress Phaser and Tremolo2 as well as the WarpedVinyl.

All the switches except the fuzz and particle are soft switches, so only two get that loud click. I'm probably gonna take out the either the fuzz or ElCapstran once the ChaseBliss Wombtone phaser starts shipping and have a 2nd phaser in there since I love using the Empress in envelope follower mode. Does a Mutron-esque sound.

Sounds great and all, but last night I had a power failure catastrophe. The VoodooLabs 4x4 powering over half the board died. It's still under warranty, but still....really sucks cause now I have to take this beautiful board apart, at least the underside, which I spent a lot of time being anal and routing cables nicely. d'oh!

Starting to rethink the whole music from electricity thing...I could afford a really super sweet acoustic if I sold all my electric gear... hmmm.....

But I like pedals. nanners
tuj

motormenace

smetak
110% customized weirdness......envy, oh the envy.....walt.
sonicwarrior
And a 9 string guitar. Wow. Tapping a lot?
motormenace
Actually, no. I like that I can do a bass line, guitar line, or both on one instrument. One less musician I have to worry about showing up for a practice. razz
Kingnimrod
finally finished making more slide-out drawers for pedals in my large guitar/amp cabinet thing.

Adam-V
That is brilliant. I store my pedals in a couple of CD shelves but I really like the slide-out idea.

Cheers,
Adam-V
MrNovember
Recent set up with the Squier Bass VI. I've since reduced the size of the pedal chain and moved some pedals over onto my drone board.

My guitars: Gretsch G5129 and a Fender Blacktop Jazzy (with an anodize gold pickguard, not white)

And my fretless bass, and bass VI again:

Also my Drone Commander/ 3x3 matrix mixer feedback set up, which is also slightly different now. More a misc synth than guitar gear, but pedals I guess.
cloudscapes
AlanP

Very happy with this setup. Pedalboard is Korg PitchBlack - Afterlife compressor - Screwdriver diy clone - Deep Blue Delay diy clone - Lovetone Doppelganger diy clone - EHX Small Clone diy copy - A/DA Flanger diy copy - Tenebrion reverb.
alijamieson
Oooh yeah!

Fully 'modular' pedal board (everything individually hooked up to a patchbay, not inline).

Board 1:

Way Huge Aqua Puss
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Dunlop Tremolo
Ibanez Jet Plane Flanger
Line 6 FM-4
Mu-Tron Phasor
Amp Footswitch
Digitech Timebender
Boss DM-2
Electro Harmonix The Worm
Boss SYB-3
MXR Phase 100
DOD Octoplus
Boss CS-3
Moreley Bad Horsie Wah
Expression Headrush
Lovetone Meatball
Digitech XP Jetpack Mod
Mooger Fooger Low Pass Filter
Roland Stereo Volume pedal

Board 2:

Synthmonger Pulse Monger
Death By Audio Supersonic Fuzz Gun
Fender Blender (re-issue)
Marshall DRP-1
Danelectro French Toast
Stone Deaf PDF-1
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Electro Harmonix Tube Zipper
MXR Blue Box
Ibanez SD-1
Pro-Co RAT
Boss OS-2
Boss TU-2[/img]
fredguy

Just started playing guitar again after a number of years of bass only.
Superego is a blast. Swapped pedals in the loop before settling on the Prometheus an aquapuss. Looking at getting a pitchfork which may knock the aquapuss out of the loop.
fusionid

MrNovember
Sooooooo I sold most of my pedals and stuff because of modular.

Reduced my set up to a really nice small board:

But with one of these out front:

I'm actually having way more fun with it now than when I had twice as many pedals
cloudscapes
nice to see some mtl assembly love here! scott makes killer gear!
MrNovember
cloudscapes wrote:
nice to see some mtl assembly love here! scott makes killer gear!

thumbs up Count to 5 has to be one of the most fun pedals I've ever played
MindMachine
dkcg wrote:
MindMachine wrote:
dkcg wrote:

I think I'm done buying pedals for a while after my recent purcheses (Chase Bliss Warped Vinyl and a Moog MF104m). Oh shit! Now I know what I'm putting in the loop of my MF104m once it gets here.

Thanks for the awesome idea, hope it sounds as cool as I think it might. thumbs up

I know what you mean about a second Particle. I use mine mainly for reverse delays, but it would be nice to have two just to have two effects going at once.

Yeah that Chase Bliss looks real nice. I recently scored the Ravish, EH 360 and just bought a ZVEX Lo Fi Junky. 2nd Particle is still on the list. How did it work out in the loop?

Using a BlueBox, EH Worm, EH Attack EQ and Danelectro ReelTape on the bass these days.

Popski
I just watched an hour of Count To 5 demos.. WOW!!!
wow wow wow!!

self santa 2014!!
wyrtti
Here is a pic of my bass and synth gear, which I use with the band and gig with.

And below, is a live shot of me, with bass and a tribal shirt.

tim gueguen
Do I wanna know how much that Alembic is worth?
wyrtti
It's one of their less expensive models and I bought it used. It was still a lot. But, I haven't used any other bass since and sold my Warwick and 4003. I do use my cheapo 8-string, but that's another cup of tea all together.
Outsider
My setup as it stands:

Mosrite Ventures model and Vox Buckingham belonged to my dad

DIY pedals are a Tubescreamer and heavily modified Fuzz Face clones
Citisyn
Posted before, under a different account and before the reset, but here is my setup:

Guitar and amp belonged to my dad (RIP). Mosrite Ventures model and Vox Buckingham. The 2 DIY boxes are a Tubescreamer clone and heavily modified Fuzz Face
Cat-A-Tonic
'm finally back in the land of electric bass after 8 years of only upright.

I went for a modified USA L-1500
with an additional p-bass pickup,
and a Bartolini NTMB preamp.

Controls are: stacked dual volume,
stacked treble & mid,
bass, 3 way mid selector switch,
active/passive switch.

sascha.victoria
I hope that bass drops mega Phil bombs.

wyrtti wrote:
Here is a pic of my bass and synth gear, which I use with the band and gig with.

And below, is a live shot of me, with bass and a tribal shirt.

Howling Terror
Photo of my first guitar during it's extensive repair. Donald J Tatem Classical. I don't use it for punk rock anymore.

The photo isn't showing up the repaired circumferential split around the sides.

Taken this setup along when doing experimental jam sessions. Gretsch with Contact mic on cowboy's arse into LPB-1 Booster into Dunlop Crybaby and Microcrush.

My regular pedals are the LPB-1 booster, Big Muff, Crybaby, Timefactor and Space.
Will also run anything with a plug on it into the eurorack. Or GuitarRig 5 with foot controller.

Guitars from front to back.
Variax 300
Danelectro Wildthing (slide)
Westone Spectrum MX
Mex Strat
LP Melody Maker
Cort Action Bass
Trad LP
Strat Plus

Can't find the photo of the other acoustics, but here's my D22 beside the Trad LP

Also not shown; *The modded valve jnr, microterror, valvestate and Bandit.

*2nd to last photo, has a weber micromass on it..... behind the micron and harmonium.

Just opened up the Cort Action Bass with a view to swapping out the noisy bridge pickup. Any recommendations welcomed. It's a passive Jazz bass style pup and I'm after some similar but with more punch and quieter.
tuj

jah_vengeance
Please excuse the poor quality of exposure.
This is my pedal board. Got an Octatrack incoming too w00t

sonicwarrior
A Tri Metal?

I sold mine years ago because I didn't like the sound. But I have different guitars and amps now so perhaps it was a problem with my setup at that time. hmmm.....
jah_vengeance
It is indeed. Hardly ever use it - keep forgetting I have it, as it's not usually wired up, but they don't go for much, so keep it just in case I ever learn how to shred. The parametic mid does give some really interesting sounds - guessing in a feedback loop it would be pretty wild. Think i might try that just now :-)

The Fuzz o))) is now my main source of dirt.

sonicwarrior wrote:
A Tri Metal?

I sold mine years ago because I didn't like the sound. But I have different guitars and amps now so perhaps it was a problem with my setup at that time. hmmm.....
afterosmosis
Guitars:

Amp:

Current board:

GilgaFrank
Most of the guitars ...

A series of tubes (crappy low light photo) ...

indexofmetals
my family of offsets (also got a Rickenbacker 360, Jpn 80's Stratocaster & a frankenstrat). The kids are sharing the mustang till I get them a second one.

indexofmetals
afterosmosis - that's a lovely Telecaster - any details on it?
GilgaFrank
I'm just going to assume you scrolled past my Telecaster and blinked at the wrong moment and missed it.
tabache
alijamieson wrote:
Oooh yeah!
[/img]

No words!! smile
ikkini
Here's my pedalboard :

Fender Jazzmaster Standard Mexican

Fender Telecaster Standard Mexican and Orange AD 15-12

Close up on the Orange Amp :
Oblivion
Rig:

Pedals (currently in flux):

Just got the Flashback Triple and still working out its quirks, but it's luscious/delicious. As is the Lidigy EPSi convolution reverb. I seldom use the ElevenRack these days - mostly as an interface (recording and MIDI)/preamp.

The two Blackhearts are running in stereo - 2x12 cab is split and the tiny Orange runs on the left side as well, for a little more separation. The cab sounds a bit mono-ish, but the headphone/line feed is fantabulous (the left pedal board is in the 11R's loop and all stereo - right board is pre-11R and mono).
nedavine
Sold all my guitars to buy modules but yesterday I went bought myself this beaut!

Never owned anything nicer than an epiphone so so far I am impressed. Not much in the way of pedals yet, just the el capistan and a Joyo American Sound in the mail.
smetak
nedavine wrote:
Sold all my guitars to buy modules but yesterday I went bought myself this beaut!

Never owned anything nicer than an epiphone so so far I am impressed. Not much in the way of pedals yet, just the el capistan and a Joyo American Sound in the mail.

Man, I'm amazed that your incredibly smooth wooden floor is brilliantly angled with an even smoother concrete wall! Christ, that really is slick-looking architecture!

Oh, and, yes, nice gibson - I'm a sucker for a les paul.
nedavine
smetak wrote:

Man, I'm amazed that your incredibly smooth wooden floor is brilliantly angled with an even smoother concrete wall! Christ, that really is slick-looking architecture!

Haha thanks. I am loving the LP. They feel so great. It sounds good but I do wish it sounded more like a strat. I love gibson style necks but like strat tone. The guitar bug has bit so badly that I am thinking of running out and buying either a MIJ strat or another Gibsons (Probably SG with p90s).
smetak
nedavine wrote:
smetak wrote:

Haha thanks. I am loving the LP. They feel so great. It sounds good but I do wish it sounded more like a strat. I love gibson style necks but like strat tone. The guitar bug has bit so badly that I am thinking of running out and buying either a MIJ strat or another Gibsons (Probably SG with p90s).

Yep, have a heavily modified Les Paul with some really nice seymour duncan vintage humbuckers for both bridge and neck - refreted the guitar with jumbo frets - plays brilliantly, very smooth.

But was in desperate need for a strat - got myself a cheap but very well trimmed Godin strat - tossed out all of the hardware, replaced with Gotoh locking tuners and tremolo and a set of Bare Knuckle pickups (Nailbomb humbucker & two Irish tour single coils) that did cost me a small fortune - right now, having it coated in translucent blue. Hopefully, will be with me in a month or two. Can't wait!
nedavine
smetak wrote:
nedavine wrote:
smetak wrote:

Yep, have a heavily modified Les Paul with some really nice seymour duncan vintage humbuckers for both bridge and neck - refreted the guitar with jumbo frets - plays brilliantly, very smooth.

But was in desperate need for a strat - got myself a cheap but very well trimmed Godin strat - tossed out all of the hardware, replaced with Gotoh locking tuners and tremolo and a set of Bare Knuckle pickups (Nailbomb humbucker & two Irish tour single coils) that did cost me a small fortune - right now, having it coated in translucent blue. Hopefully, will be with me in a month or two. Can't wait!

That sounds awesome. Would love to see pics when it's done.

My LP has dirty fingers and I really like them in the bridge but not really sure what I would put in the neck. The place I bought mine is selling super cheap SGJ's so I am half tempted to grab one and mod the shit out of it. Never gonna sound like a true strat but with p90's or coil splits it could be good enough.
smetak
nedavine wrote:
smetak wrote:
nedavine wrote:
smetak wrote:

That sounds awesome. Would love to see pics when it's done.

My LP has dirty fingers and I really like them in the bridge but not really sure what I would put in the neck. The place I bought mine is selling super cheap SGJ's so I am half tempted to grab one and mod the shit out of it. Never gonna sound like a true strat but with p90's or coil splits it could be good enough.

With a friend of mine, an incredible luthier, who's doing the refurbishing - the paint job won't be easy - hopefully will be with me in a few weeks. When so, will take some snap shots to upload.
nedavine

Just bought this beauty
GilgaFrank
My latest Stratocaster, built up from ebay parts. Body is Aztec Gold from an FSR guitar, US Standard neck, Fender locking tuners, loaded pickguard witha Shawbucker in the bridge and Fat 50s. Just got it back from having stainless steel frets installed. I wanted a "no compromise" guitar and this is it.

nedavine
Thats a beaut!
smetak
NICE!!
jmcecil
I just finished adding two friends to the collection. These are both partscaster things with the necks from warmoth. The Gold Body is also Warmoth. Both have Bareknuckles. Irish Tours in the red one, BlackHawks + Cobra in the Shoreline Gold one. Both necks are unfinished and hand burnished. Hard to play finished necks after you play these.

Meet Frank

Meet Johnny

Howling Terror
I'm all loved up with my first pedalboard in 40 years of playing.

Recently hooked up the FCB1010 foot controller and currently creating presets.
Proton Lenny
Been lurking for quite sometime. Finally about to dive into the modular world. Thought I'd post my main setup here first.

Main Axe:

The Moog:

Both run into this:

All are looped and clocked by this:

I think the modular setup will fit in quite nicely! It's peanut butter jelly time!
smetak
Proton Lenny wrote:
Been lurking for quite sometime. Finally about to dive into the modular world. Thought I'd post my main setup here first.

Here's the main axe!

[img]http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f5cb03e4b04a24f171aaa2/t/ 55f63ccae4b0f8a9c6862129/1442200825064/?format=1500w[/img]

Along with this analog goodness here:

[img]http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f5cb03e4b04a24f171aaa2/t/ 55f63da0e4b015f33a4dad93/1442201043569/?format=1500w[/img]

Running into this:

[img]http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f5cb03e4b04a24f171aaa2/t/ 5633b4e7e4b014df8a290219/1446229237564/?format=1000w[/img]

And finally being looped and clocked by this:

[img]http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f5cb03e4b04a24f171aaa2/t/ 55f64492e4b02cbdec65c471/1442202827550/?format=750w[/img]

I think the modular setup with fit in quite nicely! It's peanut butter jelly time!

Pictures?
Proton Lenny
smetak wrote:
Proton Lenny wrote:

Here's the main axe!

[img]http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f5cb03e4b04a24f171aaa2/t/ 55f63ccae4b0f8a9c6862129/1442200825064/?format=1500w[/img]

[img]http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f5cb03e4b04a24f171aaa2/t/ 55f63da0e4b015f33a4dad93/1442201043569/?format=1500w[/img]

Running into this:

[img]http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f5cb03e4b04a24f171aaa2/t/ 5633b4e7e4b014df8a290219/1446229237564/?format=1000w[/img]

[img]http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55f5cb03e4b04a24f171aaa2/t/ 55f64492e4b02cbdec65c471/1442202827550/?format=750w[/img]

I think the modular setup with fit in quite nicely! It's peanut butter jelly time!

Pictures?

Should be good now, sorry about that.
smetak
Proton Lenny wrote:
smetak wrote:
Proton Lenny wrote:

Here's the main axe!

Running into this:

Pictures?

Got them!

Woe! Impressive, man!

Two H9s - woe, nice!
Proton Lenny
smetak wrote:
Proton Lenny wrote:
smetak wrote:
Proton Lenny wrote:

Here's the main axe!

Running into this:

Pictures?

Got them!

Woe! Impressive, man!

Two H9s - woe, nice!

Yeah, one is primarily pitch/harmonizer algs, the other is reverbs and delays.
cloudscapes
built this guitar!

Part warmoth, part stuff found elsewhere. Body was entirely finished by hand. A couple small blemishes and bits where I ate through the lacquer a bit, but I'm happy how it looks! Pickups are seymour duncan pearly gates, have the mini switches setup to toggle between parallel, series and single coil, and did some hack drill-press routing to add the pickup selector toggle!

Dark Barn
/wave Proton Lenny!

I'm mostly a classifieds lurker but since I got interested in the deFormer I've started haunting the other forums A little bit too. So here is my last board shot. Working out some changes since then but haven't nailed it down yet.

Bass and amp maybe some other time!

[/img]
shredsickgnar
Here's my guitars.

Squire VM Jaguar with a 1964 Music Master Neck and Humbucker added.

1949-51 Gibson ES 125, its beat to shit and awesome.

Gretsch Banjo

AlanP

Today's axe of choice. Satin black paint (rattlecan, not nitro or poly, for that genuine "BOGAN" vibe), that gun oil stuff for the neck (tru-oil or whatever it is), and a TV Jones pickup smile

This guitar has the most USEFUL tone knob I've ever seen.

The paint isn't wearing quite as fast as I hoped it would, though.
Oblivion
^ That's pretty much what I want in my next electric 6 (I think I'm due for a 12-string before that, though). Nicely done.
CaligulaCuddles
I suppose this is as good a place as any to make a fist post:

Pretty basic, I suppose. I've been recording a lot with an old Yamaha acoustic and a Martin 00-18 lately, so there's a lot going to waste there now that I'm taking a hiatus from live shows.
Still, I want for little at the moment, which is a rare and often fleeting sensation.
MindMachine
^ Best wiggler name ever btw. Nice space you have.

smetak
CaligulaCuddles wrote:

Pretty basic, I suppose. I've been recording a lot with an old Yamaha acoustic and a Martin 00-18 lately, so there's a lot going to waste there now that I'm taking a hiatus from live shows.
Still, I want for little at the moment, which is a rare and often fleeting sensation.

Yeah, the space is fantastic (and the amp collection, too! Drooling over the Swart....) - ah, the envy!

I have all my gear - amps, guitars, mixers, monitores, vast array of stompboxes and, last but by no means least, 21u of euro synths - cramped into my library - the only room available in my rather small flat. Yes, my wife wants to kill me and my kid thinks I'm going slightly crazy, which is not totally off the mark......
MindMachine
CaligulaCuddles wrote:

Damn CaligulaCuddles... 'a fist post.' How fitting. we're not worthy
peaches27
CaligulaCuddles wrote:

Jesus I wish I could stay this tidy, thats a great looking setup.
fuzzonaut
My corner, bass & gimmicks.

AlanP
Heh cool best bachelor use of an ironing board ever... shoegazy stuff?
fuzzonaut
Cheers! hihi

And yeah, fuzzy shoegazy droney stuff.
peaches27

My current jam box
smetak
peaches27 wrote:

My current jam box

Superb case!
peaches27
Thanks! All packs away into this lil' box too.

GilgaFrank
Better pic of nearly all the guitars ...

and the latest, my Warmoth/Fender/Bare Knuckle Tele, stainless steel frets again, compound radius fingerboard ...

MindMachine

polyslax
What I'm rockin atm:

Nik Huber Krautster

Ovation Elite

Pedals

and my mangle station - Sherman, Coco, OT and minimod Clouds/Peaks/Shelves
betteristheenemy
peaches27 wrote:

My current jam box

This is a great idea. I thought my repurposed flight briefcase was creative. Now, i have a new goal; reclaim a sturdy vintage case and make it two tiered. fantastic idea...!

Rockin' Banana!
MindMachine
New bass path(s):

Aria Pro II>MXR Blue Box Reissue>Boss Octave 2>Dan Electro Reel Echo>Acoustic B15>Sunn 18" PA

Boss LS-2

Aria Pro II>Mad Professor Golden Cello>Old Blood Endeavors Dark Star Reverb>Ampeg VT22>Sunn 18" PA

Hiwatt Bob

Oblivion
^^^^
Balls!
eek!
love
we're not worthy
applause
nanners
smetak
WOW!
MindMachine
Hiwatt Bob wrote:

I'm sensing a sort of theme here. hmmm.....

I like the blue one. Dead Banana
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Hiwatt Bob wrote:

I'm sensing a sort of theme here. hmmm.....

I like the blue one. Dead Banana

Eh, Thurston?
Hiwatt Bob
Believe it or not, each one is a different tuning. That's the only way I justify have that many.
indexofmetals
hiwatt Bob, we have similar tastes! Great to see a megalith in there. I don't have any pictures to hand of my amps but I use Gartone, Don Audio and have a soft spot for WEM Scouts. burgundy Jaguar in the group pic got an upgrade, see 2nd pic.

Hiwatt Bob
Nice harem of offsets there Richard! Yeah the Megalith is sooooo Brootz. Ungodly. Just when you think it can't get any more brootal, you hit the "more" switch...and sure enough...there's more.
Hiwatt Bob
Also--is that an EGC bari or bass 6?
indexofmetals
Hiwatt Bob wrote:
Also--is that an EGC bari or bass 6?

It's a custom EGC guitar. Jazzmaster shape but a bartitone with 3 different pickups - jazzmaster, & bass vi (same as Jaguar) & P90. I love my Bass VI but wanted some different pickup choices.

Re Mountainking I had a Megolith but one of my Don Audio amps had that sound (when running at full pelt you didn't need any pedals with it) so traded it. Ended up missing it so picked up a Magnetar after talking with Alan as the bass focus was better suited to use with synths.
Hiwatt Bob
I bet that thing sounds killer. I've always wanted one of the Brent Hindus lucite V's with vibrola.
tuj

christian10992
Recent-ish shot of my board. I've done some rearranging and swapped a few things.

[img]https://imgur.com/hk5UGr7[/img]
lukebarber

MY Blackstar HT5 Mini Half Stack[/img]
lukebarber

Here's my main guitar[/img]
noisejockey
Finally took my collection out of my rack drawers and put them on a proper guitar-oriented pedalboard.

smetak
noisejockey wrote:
Finally took my collection out of my rack drawers and put them on a proper guitar-oriented pedalboard.

I see you have Chase Bliss latest, "Brothers" - I'm currently mounting a pedal board around Korte's pedals (have the Warped Vinyl and the Tonal Recall) with a few other goodies. Seriously considering getting "Brothers" - what's your take on the effect? Can you just dial in overdrive & distortion, or can you get some spaced-out sounds out of it? Seems really wicked!
noisejockey
smetak wrote:
Seriously considering getting "Brothers" - what's your take on the effect? Can you just dial in overdrive & distortion, or can you get some spaced-out sounds out of it? Seems really wicked!

It does boost, drive, and fuzz in parallel or in sequence; the fact both channels are identical allows for lots of tone sculpting. Boost into drive sounds great, and dual drive is creamy. It doesn't do anything wacky. But I can't imagine a better distortion box for the size or price. Love it so far.
smetak
noisejockey wrote:
smetak wrote:
Seriously considering getting "Brothers" - what's your take on the effect? Can you just dial in overdrive & distortion, or can you get some spaced-out sounds out of it? Seems really wicked!

It does boost, drive, and fuzz in parallel or in sequence; the fact both channels are identical allows for lots of tone sculpting. Boost into drive sounds great, and dual drive is creamy. It doesn't do anything wacky. But I can't imagine a better distortion box for the size or price. Love it so far.

Thanks for the feedback - yeah, definitively getting one of these. Korte's effects are really top notch.
jules
Got myself a pair of broken ZT amps really cheap.
After a few hours of troubleshooting, wood filler & paint, it works again and looks really cool.

noisejockey
jules wrote:

Cutest amps ever! I like. thumbs up
smetak
jules wrote:
After a few hours of troubleshooting, wood filler & paint, it works again and looks really cool.

I have a bunch of ZT lunchboxes & Jr. Fine little amps - really come in handy.

Your paint job is superb! Fantastic!
jules
Thanks! 20£ cheap plastic 100Watts spray gun... A really good investment that's lasting and been used way more than expected.
Get an industrial pot of the each of the 3 primary colours plus a black and a white (I only go for acrylic/water soluble paint, possibly wood-care/metal one for the colors), dilute your mix by 1/3 before going into the gun, take your time to apply a few (3) thin layers instead of thick ones, job done.
Jturbide
No pics of my complete rig but here's my guitar This is fun! cool
Phantom Guitarworks PH6 with bound neck

Final_Instrument

[/img]
smetak
Jturbide wrote:
No pics of my complete rig but here's my guitar This is fun! cool
Phantom Guitarworks PH6 with bound neck

Fuck-a-duck!!! Kill for such an axe!!!
Jturbide
smetak wrote:

Mr. Green Thanks dude! When I saw bands like The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Asteroid No.4, Rancho Relaxo, JAMC..etc with phantom guitars I immediately wanted one. It looks so badass in my opinion. The action is kinda high at the nut but I'm okay with it, stays in tune for days, neck feels great and built like a tank Rockin' Banana!
smetak
Jturbide wrote:
smetak wrote:

Mr. Green Thanks dude! When I saw bands like The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Asteroid No.4, Rancho Relaxo, JAMC..etc with phantom guitars I immediately wanted one. It looks so badass in my opinion. The action is kinda high at the nut but I'm okay with it, stays in tune for days, neck feels great and built like a tank Rockin' Banana!

Two words: Ian Curtis (he died for our sins).
Jturbide
smetak wrote:

Two words: Ian Curtis (he died for our sins).

How did I forget him ! lol d'oh!
polyslax
Picked up a new guitar today.

chvad

It's been awhile since rebuilding the pedal board. Sized down from two boards.

Current line up and signal path:
Zvex Fuzz Factory / Tech 21 Boost RVB / Pigtronix Philosophers Tone / SansAmp Classic / Morley Volume Plus / Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge / Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude / Tech 21 Boost DLA / Pigtronix Infinity Looper / Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master.

This will be the primary setup for now plus a Moog expression for Meet Maude.

The Meet Maude is new and just sounds fucking great. The three fancier delays got yanked and replaced by that and my ever handy Boost DLA. Tech 21 takes the lead once again for most used company.

So that's fuzz / reverb / fuzz / distortion / volume / ring modulation-tremolo / delay / delay / looper / reverb-delay.

Pedals that got booted from the setup: Panda Particle, Pigtronix Echolution 2 Deluxe, Dentone Tremolo, Death by Audio Ghost Delay, WMD geiger Counter, Earthquaker Dreamcrusher, MXR Fullbore Metal. some of those might make it into a more noise oriented board.
chvad

Slight adjustment...
CSCD

I'm not a guitarist (I used to play bass though) but I couldn't help sharing a pic of the guitar I scored a couple of days ago. No pedalboard shots yet - they are still on their way This is fun!
smetak
CSCD wrote:

I'm not a guitarist (I used to play bass though) but I couldn't help sharing a pic of the guitar I scored a couple of days ago. No pedalboard shots yet - they are still on their way This is fun!

A "teleguar"?
CSCD
smetak wrote:
A "teleguar"?

Yeah, or a "Telemaster", as it's called by the builder (Relic Depot). This thing feels insanely nice to play - now I have to practice my chops, I guess Mr. Green
smetak
CSCD wrote:
smetak wrote:
A "teleguar"?

Yeah, or a "Telemaster", as it's called by the builder (Relic Depot). This thing feels insanely nice to play - now I have to practice my chops, I guess Mr. Green

Nice score, mate!

For the past month or so, since catching a series of Marc Ribot gigs, I have been going up the wall for a Jaguar - kill to have a six-string like the one you got!
Jason Brock
CSCD wrote:
smetak wrote:
A "teleguar"?

Yeah, or a "Telemaster", as it's called by the builder (Relic Depot).

Or Warmoth calls it a Jazzcaster. I've been wanting to build one.

http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Bodies/Jazzmaster/Jazzcaster/
CSCD
smetak wrote:
Nice score, mate!

For the past month or so, since catching a series of Marc Ribot gigs, I have been going up the wall for a Jaguar - kill to have a six-string like the one you got!

Thank you! It was a completely spontaneous purchase, too - I was saving up for a Digitakt or something but simply couldn't pass up on this one!
notjoesuthers

Here's my setup for guitar!

I run the Boss PN-2 last in the chain so I can pan my signal between the Twins. I EQ them a bit differently so that the panning effect is more noticeable. I've since replaced the Bitquest with a Boss PS-3 because the Bitquest is much more useful on synth (for me at least).
Oblivion
My latest acquisition a couple weeks ago was a Reverend H90 Descent baritone. Here it is with the stripped-down living room rig, my Tele and Gretsch (5120):

Rockin' Banana!
soundshaper
Here’s my electric banjo setup. It’s a Deering Crossfire 5-string with some cosmetic customizations. hihi I run it first through a Zoom Multi-Stomp for 6 bands of parametric eq, light compression, and amp simulation. Then I run it through my Moogerfoogers, that’s where the magic happens!

[/img]
smetak
soundshaper wrote:
Here’s my electric banjo setup. It’s a Deering Crossfire 5-string with some cosmetic customizations. hihi I run it first through a Zoom Multi-Stomp for 6 bands of parametric eq, light compression, and amp simulation. Then I run it through my Moogerfoogers, that’s where the magic happens!

[/img]

Woe! Can't imagine what this sounds like - any samples of your work?
soundshaper
smetak wrote:
soundshaper wrote:

Yes! You can hear it all over our two albums. I think the only song where it’s not used is the first song on the latest one, Radiosphere. Listen to the title song Echoes of Empyrean. It’s a lot more prominently used on the first album Unauthorized Wavelenghts.

EXREPLICA.bandcamp.com
smetak
soundshaper wrote:
smetak wrote:
soundshaper wrote:

Yes! You can hear it all over our two albums. I think the only song where it’s not used is the first song on the latest one, Radiosphere. Listen to the title song Echoes of Empyrean. It’s a lot more prominently used on the first album Unauthorized Wavelenghts.

EXREPLICA.bandcamp.com

Slick, mate! Fascinating use of the banjo - hearing all the tracks now, at work, which is making my morning!
Ghost Hip
Hey folks, first post here. Since I come from the land of fuzz love and effect pedals, figured this is a good place to start before wading into eurorack. MY ASS IS BLEEDING

This is my pedalboard for guitar. Powered by a Walrus Audio Phoenix. The order goes: Polytune->DOD Gonkulator->Boss BF-2->Infanem Improbability Drive->Earthbound Supercollider->Earthbound Throat Locust->DOD Gunslinger-> Digitech Digiverb->Dwarfcraft Super Wizard->smallsound/bigsound Sparkle Motion->DBA Echo Dream 2->DOD Boneshaker->Hardwire Supernatural.

I haven't taken a legit pic of this rig but screenshot/instagram clip below:

little instagram clip

board 1 by Jared Talcott, on Flickr
Museums
smetak
Impressive how ubiquitous the Ct5 has become - it seems to be everywhere, on every board, from bebop to doom metal and all styles in between - amazing for a small boutique company!
woVERTICES
My present set-up...
Best,
John
www.johnjpotter.com
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 13