Wall mount Synth Rack

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

sascha.victoria
deleted/nevermind

Wall mount Synth Rack

Post by sascha.victoria » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:01 pm

A few months ago there was a thread with some pics and links to wall mount racks for synths. I can't seem to find said thread. If someone could help me out that would be most excellent.

thanks!

dissonance
Common Wiggler

Re: Wall mount Synth Rack

Post by dissonance » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:50 pm

sascha.victoria wrote:A few months ago there was a thread with some pics and links to wall mount racks for synths. I can't seem to find said thread. If someone could help me out that would be most excellent.
Not sure if this is what you mean, but I've used these and they work very well:

http://www.lmproducts.com/dspStandtasticWallmounts.cfm

You can buy direct from them, and I think Musician's Friend carries their products as well.

b3nsf
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by b3nsf » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:00 pm

totally different, but, I'm using the rolling metal "metro-shelves" with casters that were for sale at Costco not too long ago, and they are really great... there was a post on matrixsynth about them...

here it is:

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2010/07 ... -rack.html
its like saying you experience michaelangelo because there is a picture on your happy meal
--shreddoggie
Last time I checked there was nothing Vanilla about old Chi- Acid....that shit's Chocolate as it gets.
--Kendall Station

sascha.victoria
deleted/nevermind

Post by sascha.victoria » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:53 pm

Standtastic is fantastic!

B2nsf, is that your set up?!

danox574
Common Wiggler

Post by danox574 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:07 am

I bought the standtastic wall mount rails. I had to call Standtastic directly to get them, The wall mount rails were marked discontinued around town when I went looking. They are great, but if you have more than one stack of gear (various widths) it's very tricky to make the most out of it.

b3nsf
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by b3nsf » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:12 am

sascha.victoria wrote:B2nsf, is that your set up?!
nope, I will take some photos of mine tho... really soon! :tu:
its like saying you experience michaelangelo because there is a picture on your happy meal
--shreddoggie
Last time I checked there was nothing Vanilla about old Chi- Acid....that shit's Chocolate as it gets.
--Kendall Station

dougt
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dougt » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:05 am

i can save you a bunch of money over the Stantastic Wall mounts. It's industry standard strut which can be found a places like home depot for $15/10 feet. You can then mount the Standtastic arms to them anywhere you like on your wall. I'm in the process of doing it myself. The Standtastic arms are backordered everywhere now tho.

tIB
Stainer!

Post by tIB » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:08 am

Might want to keep an eye on the Ikea broder stuff too... Im thinking about it though Ive not totalled prices yet.

Example:

danox574
Common Wiggler

Post by danox574 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:17 am

This is IKEA Stolmen closet organizer -- it's pressure fitted to the floor and screwed into drywall anchors in the ceiling. The tilted shelves are the shoe racks.

These are the standtastic wallmounts.

Happyanimal
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Happyanimal » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:47 pm

dougt wrote:i can save you a bunch of money over the Stantastic Wall mounts. It's industry standard strut which can be found a places like home depot for $15/10 feet. You can then mount the Standtastic arms to them anywhere you like on your wall. I'm in the process of doing it myself. The Standtastic arms are backordered everywhere now tho.

Old thread I know,, but Doug do you have specifics for the rails you bought at home depot?

dougt
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dougt » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:32 pm

Happyanimal wrote:Old thread I know,, but Doug do you have specifics for the rails you bought at home depot?
It's called Superstrut. You want the shallow channel (about 0.75" depth) version.

Badwhite
Common Wiggler

Post by Badwhite » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:43 am

looks awesome, i'd be afraid it would rip my wall out and everything would fall! :)

dougt
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dougt » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Badwhite wrote:looks awesome, i'd be afraid it would rip my wall out and everything would fall! :)
Nah, each of the 3 horizontal beams is bolted into the wall studs every 16 inches. 8-)

AdamJay
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by AdamJay » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:17 pm

:zombie: what a synth collection!

Bane
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Bane » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi,

Is anyone selling their Stantastic arm?

Cheers

dopeboy_magic
Learning to Wiggle

Post by dopeboy_magic » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:05 am

Good news! The Standtastic 100TK Keyboard Wall Mount Tier Kits are back in stock.

Here’s the link: https://lm-products.myshopify.com/products/100tk

Geflackt
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Geflackt » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:49 pm

Here's what I did recently:

Had a small wall space but a sliding door along the wall which basically took up value open wall. I wanted to build a rack or false-wall out from the door.
Went to the metal scrap yard and found some extruded 80/20 aluminum for a good price. Then used String Swing flatwall hangers:
https://www.stringswing.com/product/cck ... board-rack
I had to modify the hole in the hanger to take the proper 80/20 hardware. The post is supported at the top with a painted wood 2x4, and an angle brace at the bottom for support.
To give the keyboard some extra holding, I created a hook to go in the end of the keyboard arm and lock under the keys.
A few pics:

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:17 pm

Geflackt wrote:Here's what I did recently:....
Another pair of keyboard arms and you could do away with the "X-stand" (bottom most synth ... the Korg Poly Six).

Very nicely done, by the way. Going by the position of the top-most synth, I take it you are eight feet tall?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Never Quit, Die Falling Forward
5U PROJECT - (skip pages 4 through 6, boring junk) ... https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=

Geflackt
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Geflackt » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:39 pm

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Geflackt wrote:Here's what I did recently:....
Another pair of keyboard arms and you could do away with the "X-stand" (bottom most synth ... the Korg Poly Six).

Very nicely done, by the way. Going by the position of the top-most synth, I take it you are eight feet tall?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, plenty more to fill in on the posts. I need to finish servicing the Polysix - the cover is apart so I didn't want to mount it yet. Ordered extra arms at the time.
But, I'm 8ft5 on a 3ft stepstool.... at least the 707 is light enough to just grab off the arms!

Return to “General Gear”