MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New guitar pedals from Chandler Limited!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author New guitar pedals from Chandler Limited!
Babaluma
Chandler Germanium Pedal and Chandler Little Devil Pedal.

Joe Chicarelli says: "Pretty impressive and unique pedals. The workmanship is quite impressive. The are totally unique sounding. They give everything a very '70's plexi Marshall type of tint. They have been especially effective feeding into an AC30. I love them on keyboards. The little Devil seems a bit more versatile but the Germanium has a very unique sound. In tone it was amazing with a Nord Lead or even a synth organ tone. Great work. Totally amazing sound as always."

Exciting! Loadsa pics on GearSlutz, tried to link but they came out HUGE!!!

[Edit: found some smaller ones...]

Ankh
SlayerBadger!

WANT! They should work nicely with teh Orange. nodnod

I wonder what will they cost?
parasitk
Oh I was just reading that Wade was getting into pedals. Sweet! I'd love to see some sort of pedal EQ/tone shaper from him as well.
bar|none
Price?
Babaluma
If you read the appropriate threads on the GS "New Product Alert" forum, you'll see loads of extra info from Wade, including tweaks/mods/new ideas not shown in the photos above, and the estimated price, which, acoording to Wade, will be:

Quote:
I'm hoping around $250 for the Germ and $200 for the Devil pedal. Still adding and subtracting though :-)

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-alert/597027-chandler-limit ed-little-devil-pedal.html

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-alert/597029-chandler-limit ed-germanium-pedal.html

Very nice prices, I'm definitely gonna pick the Germ one up.
Babaluma
He's also re-introducing the 500 series Germ Pre with tweaks:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-alert/597035-chandler-limit ed-germ-500-mkii-pre.html

I wish he'd concentrate more on mastering gear though!
Ankh
Trying to avoid GS nowadays, but the price seems reasonable if these are the same quality as their other stuff. smile
bar|none
I saw the estimated price listed on one site as $200-$250 but actually didn't believe it. I was thinking these would be higher, but not complaining. lol
Babaluma
Yeah, I'm also kind of surprised at how low the estimated price will be. And also not complaining!

Yes, GearSlutz is poo, but so is here. You just gotta limit things for the right kind and amount of poo for yourself. 8_)
parasitk
Great price! I've paid more for a pedal before. MY ASS IS BLEEDING I was expecting twice that. help

Here's the interview with Wade where I first got wind that he was getting into pedals: http://goodrecordingstuff.blogspot.com/2011/04/wade-from-chandler-ltd- interview.html
Babaluma
Nice link, thanks, hadn't read that one before.

Wade's customer service is on a par with John Blacet's. Two best people I've ever had the fortune to do business with. Any problem or query they get right back to you and send you free shit in the post (their expense) to fix the problem.

Am hoping this will provide a massive cash injection into Chandler so that Wade can continue to develop more amazing high end gear!
Babaluma
BTW is that Joel Hamilton's blog? We were supposed to be working on a noise/ambient project together about 18 months ago, but he got all busy with that crazy Hip Hop release that went Gold or something...
parasitk
Babaluma wrote:
BTW is that Joel Hamilton's blog? We were supposed to be working on a noise/ambient project together about 18 months ago, but he got all busy with that crazy Hip Hop release that went Gold or something...

Yes indeed it is. We recorded drums (for two songs, and drum hits for samples) with his partner Tony at Studio G for the last Android Lust album. The wall of old compressors and limiters is just mind boggling. Awesome place! http://www.flickr.com/photos/androidlust/tags/studiog/
hdd
very interested by the germanium too
Babaluma
parasitk wrote:
Babaluma wrote:

Yes indeed it is. We recorded drums (for two songs, and drum hits for samples) with his partner Tony at Studio G for the last Android Lust album. The wall of old compressors and limiters is just mind boggling. Awesome place! http://www.flickr.com/photos/androidlust/tags/studiog/

Nice pics! I always really respected Joel on the TOMB forum and his articles and reviews in Tape-Op etc, and he has always given me a lot of encouragement. I hope I get to meet/work with him at some stage too. His studio looks like it is to die for...
indexofmetals
thanks for pointing me in this direction. read also about the germanium 500 mkii preamp (been wanting one for ages but the used prices were usually way too inflated) and the little devil 500 pre.
Babaluma
yeah, wade makes truly great stuff!
ignatius
the little devil looks interesting. if the price is around the $200 i can see one of those finding its way into my underwear.
zerosum
woah OK It's peanut butter jelly time!

It looks like I will have another little red devil on the floor to keep the red devil compressor in my 500 rack company 8_)
dkcg
If he hits that pricepoint, he's gonna sell a ton, I hope he makes a compression pedal or two down the road. hyper
Fnord
I have nothing to add here but dancing bacon.

It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo

Also, if anyone needs a kidney or 2, I might have some for sale. Just sayin.
Babaluma
dkcg wrote:
If he hits that pricepoint, he's gonna sell a ton, I hope he makes a compression pedal or two down the road. hyper

yeah people from GS were saying the same, and i think he might be working on it. a chandler germanium compressor guitar pedal at a similar price would be very, very cool!
indexofmetals
Wade mentioned something about a germ eq style pedal as well - I want one! We need more different eq pedals
Babaluma
Been meaning to trump up the cash for a Fromel Shape EQ for a while. Anyone tried one?
indexofmetals
what's that?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2