Polyfusion LFO as VCO demo

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Morley
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Polyfusion LFO as VCO demo

Post by Morley » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:33 am

Just setting up my Polyfusion and checked the VC-LFO out as a sound source. Simple patch but shows that they are not bad as sources. They track nicely over 5 octaves and have loads of features..
It goes into a low pass (pulse) and a hi pass (saw) which are controlled by an EG each (I love these EG's too....)
Really nice modules the Polyfusion LFO's and apparently rare. :mrgreen:
Am so getting into my system
http://soundcloud.com/davidmorley/polyfusion-lfo

Last edited by Morley on Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:46 am

hi david

i'm going to move this to the 5U section. i think it will fit better there rather than in with the merzbow stuff!

dude
fuck yeah!

Post by dude » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:56 am

i am stoked about the possibility of meeting the system i learned on again. i am applying to the school i got my undergrad music degree from. this time it is nursing school but if i can sneek my way into that studio (assuming the polyfusion is still there) you can bet your sweet ass i will. luckily i had good relationships with a few key profs who might be able to help. sorry for the ot on your thread. it just reminded me of the potential polyfusion reunion. enjoy that beast david! the system i know/knew had no lfo's just 4 vcos. i think the lfo's are pretty rare as you said. i hate the concept of having to use vco's as lfo's but i sure do love the sounds that came out of that beast.

Morley
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Morley » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:56 am

No problem. Wasn't sure where it should go but now with Moog being in the 5U it make sense.

Morley
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Morley » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:02 pm

dude wrote:i am stoked about the possibility of meeting the system i learned on again. i am applying to the school i got my undergrad music degree from. this time it is nursing school but if i can sneek my way into that studio (assuming the polyfusion is still there) you can bet your sweet ass i will. luckily i had good relationships with a few key profs who might be able to help. sorry for the ot on your thread. it just reminded me of the potential polyfusion reunion. enjoy that beast david! the system i know/knew had no lfo's just 4 vcos. i think the lfo's are pretty rare as you said. i hate the concept of having to use vco's as lfo's but i sure do love the sounds that came out of that beast.
They are great systems. I kind of feel like there is nothing to hide behind in a good way. It will go where you take it. Some synths flatter straight away but here you have a true system to create with. I love it.
I have 5 VCO and 3 LFO :yay:

Synesthesia
Northern Light Modular

Post by Synesthesia » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:03 pm

Jaysus this does sounds nice !!! never heard about this module before now ... looks really cool as well ...

synthetic
TASCAM Hero!

Post by synthetic » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:01 pm

Sounds great! I always enjoy your demos. Feel free to put them here anytime. :)

Which of your albums use the Polyfusion?

Morley
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Morley » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:08 pm

synthetic wrote:Sounds great! I always enjoy your demos. Feel free to put them here anytime. :)

Which of your albums use the Polyfusion?
Cheers :guinness:
Not really a demo as such but still, shows it off a bit.
I didn't have my Polyfusion until not so long go so it' only been on a few tracks. The last EP I did for DS93 used it quite a lot though (you can hear bits here)
Snares, hats, thumps, Percussion noises and stuff. Really flexible system. Bass on a couple of tracks. Xpander did some too.. that was basically it. Xpander and Polyfusion. Had to sell my Xpander to get by though.. :waah:
http://www.dustscience.com/live/home/ascension

Morley
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Morley » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:19 pm

Must add some boring spec!
The LFO goes from (without VC) 0.005hz to 100hz (I think that means 1 cycle can be as slow as 200 seconds, no?)
Anyway, I love this machine..

synthetic
TASCAM Hero!

Post by synthetic » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Morley wrote:The last EP I did for DS93 used it quite a lot though (you can hear bits here)
Snares, hats, thumps, Percussion noises and stuff. Really flexible system. Bass on a couple of tracks. Xpander did some too.. that was basically it. Xpander and Polyfusion. Had to sell my Xpander to get by though.. :waah:
Phatt!

chrisso
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by chrisso » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Morley wrote:Xpander and Polyfusion. Had to sell my Xpander to get by though.. :waah:
Yeah. Great stuff! Fab groove.
Polyfusion is awesome. The only reason i sold mine was the sheer size of it.
Didn't have any LFO's, but the Oscillators are incredible, not to mention the filters. The sound is sort of high-tech Moog Modular.

Christopher Winkels
Lord of Tweed Manor
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Christopher Winkels » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:49 pm

For something designed to be an LFO that really does sound quite nice.

Aren't Polyfusion the company that walked away from modulars to build stereo equipment instead?

diophantine
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by diophantine » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Damn, sounds wonderful!

Wish there was more info on Polyfusion modulars online. This is the only thing I could find with any detail on some of the modules:
http://www.oldtech.com/synth/PolyMod.html
Great-looking modules too!

Christopher Winkels
Lord of Tweed Manor
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Christopher Winkels » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:35 pm

Yeah, I saw that site. It's a good start, but it's funny how little I found with (an admittedly cursory) Google searches.

Of note: there isn't a single Polyfusion entry in Matrixsynth's archives. That's a fairly amazing omission given how many posts have made their way onto that site.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Really awesome stuff, Morley! :love: :hail: Thanks for posting! :bacon:

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Awesome system David M. (as all of your instruments are the top of the class...) Don't you just love well spec'd LFO's... they should all have PWM!!!!

chrisso
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by chrisso » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Christopher Winkels wrote:
Aren't Polyfusion the company that walked away from modulars to build stereo equipment instead?
Yeah, I think pretty much everyone walked away from modular once portable synths like the Mini-Moog took hold.
By the time keyboards like the DX7 came along, most people thought analogue had had it's day and we were never going back. A few kept the faith though.

http://www.preservationsound.com/?p=1470

Morley
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Morley » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:46 am

Christopher Winkels wrote:For something designed to be an LFO that really does sound quite nice.

That's them.
I asked them if they had any documentation and they didn't. They seemed pleased that there was interest in their old stuff but not enough to keep records or info about it all (or even photos!)
Really hard to get detailed info about it.

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:24 pm

Christopher Winkels wrote: Of note: there isn't a single Polyfusion entry in Matrixsynth's archives. That's a fairly amazing omission given how many posts have made their way onto that site.
I think that's an omission - I know of several polyfusion pics that have appeared there, most notably the deadmau5 one. Perhaps the low numbers haven't warranted a tag; or perhaps they just happened on some of the really high post count days and Mr. matrixsynth was busy with other stuff.

Christopher Winkels
Lord of Tweed Manor

Post by Christopher Winkels » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Ah, okay. That's usually my "go-to" place as an aggregator, so it was a surprise to see nothing tagged. What you say makes sense in that case.

Morley
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Morley » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Hopefully I can find time to do serious demos of the system soon.

renzo
de tarot wil tich yu jou tu crieit a

Post by renzo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:37 pm

david (the cool ruler) - this is wonderful!!!!

thank you!
Mustaf, moustaff, mostav - ABF!

roginator
Common Wiggler

Post by roginator » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:33 am

Just finished 6 of em ;)

Morley
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Morley » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:41 am

Nice!

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:49 am

roginator wrote:Just finished 6 of em ;)

Wow! :love:

So, "finished" means you restored them or these are new clone builds? :hmm:

Return to “5U Format Modules”