MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Polyfusion LFO as VCO demo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Polyfusion LFO as VCO demo
Morley
Just setting up my Polyfusion and checked the VC-LFO out as a sound source. Simple patch but shows that they are not bad as sources. They track nicely over 5 octaves and have loads of features..
It goes into a low pass (pulse) and a hi pass (saw) which are controlled by an EG each (I love these EG's too....)
Really nice modules the Polyfusion LFO's and apparently rare. Mr. Green
Am so getting into my system
[s]http://soundcloud.com/davidmorley/polyfusion-lfo[/s]

sandyb
hi david

i'm going to move this to the 5U section. i think it will fit better there rather than in with the merzbow stuff!
dude
i am stoked about the possibility of meeting the system i learned on again. i am applying to the school i got my undergrad music degree from. this time it is nursing school but if i can sneek my way into that studio (assuming the polyfusion is still there) you can bet your sweet ass i will. luckily i had good relationships with a few key profs who might be able to help. sorry for the ot on your thread. it just reminded me of the potential polyfusion reunion. enjoy that beast david! the system i know/knew had no lfo's just 4 vcos. i think the lfo's are pretty rare as you said. i hate the concept of having to use vco's as lfo's but i sure do love the sounds that came out of that beast.
Morley
No problem. Wasn't sure where it should go but now with Moog being in the 5U it make sense.
Morley
dude wrote:
i am stoked about the possibility of meeting the system i learned on again. i am applying to the school i got my undergrad music degree from. this time it is nursing school but if i can sneek my way into that studio (assuming the polyfusion is still there) you can bet your sweet ass i will. luckily i had good relationships with a few key profs who might be able to help. sorry for the ot on your thread. it just reminded me of the potential polyfusion reunion. enjoy that beast david! the system i know/knew had no lfo's just 4 vcos. i think the lfo's are pretty rare as you said. i hate the concept of having to use vco's as lfo's but i sure do love the sounds that came out of that beast.

They are great systems. I kind of feel like there is nothing to hide behind in a good way. It will go where you take it. Some synths flatter straight away but here you have a true system to create with. I love it.
I have 5 VCO and 3 LFO applause
Synesthesia
Jaysus this does sounds nice !!! never heard about this module before now ... looks really cool as well ...
synthetic
Sounds great! I always enjoy your demos. Feel free to put them here anytime. smile

Which of your albums use the Polyfusion?
Morley
synthetic wrote:
Sounds great! I always enjoy your demos. Feel free to put them here anytime. smile

Which of your albums use the Polyfusion?

Cheers Guinness ftw!
Not really a demo as such but still, shows it off a bit.
I didn't have my Polyfusion until not so long go so it' only been on a few tracks. The last EP I did for DS93 used it quite a lot though (you can hear bits here)
Snares, hats, thumps, Percussion noises and stuff. Really flexible system. Bass on a couple of tracks. Xpander did some too.. that was basically it. Xpander and Polyfusion. Had to sell my Xpander to get by though.. waah
http://www.dustscience.com/live/home/ascension
Morley
Must add some boring spec!
The LFO goes from (without VC) 0.005hz to 100hz (I think that means 1 cycle can be as slow as 200 seconds, no?)
Anyway, I love this machine..
synthetic
Morley wrote:
The last EP I did for DS93 used it quite a lot though (you can hear bits here)
Snares, hats, thumps, Percussion noises and stuff. Really flexible system. Bass on a couple of tracks. Xpander did some too.. that was basically it. Xpander and Polyfusion. Had to sell my Xpander to get by though.. waah

Phatt!
chrisso
Morley wrote:
Xpander and Polyfusion. Had to sell my Xpander to get by though.. waah

Yeah. Great stuff! Fab groove.
Polyfusion is awesome. The only reason i sold mine was the sheer size of it.
Didn't have any LFO's, but the Oscillators are incredible, not to mention the filters. The sound is sort of high-tech Moog Modular.
Christopher Winkels
For something designed to be an LFO that really does sound quite nice.

Aren't Polyfusion the company that walked away from modulars to build stereo equipment instead?
diophantine
Damn, sounds wonderful!

Wish there was more info on Polyfusion modulars online. This is the only thing I could find with any detail on some of the modules:
http://www.oldtech.com/synth/PolyMod.html
Great-looking modules too!
Christopher Winkels
Yeah, I saw that site. It's a good start, but it's funny how little I found with (an admittedly cursory) Google searches.

Of note: there isn't a single Polyfusion entry in Matrixsynth's archives. That's a fairly amazing omission given how many posts have made their way onto that site.
JohnLRice
Really awesome stuff, Morley! love we're not worthy Thanks for posting! It's motherfucking bacon yo
MindMachine
Awesome system David M. (as all of your instruments are the top of the class...) Don't you just love well spec'd LFO's... they should all have PWM!!!!
chrisso
Christopher Winkels wrote:

Aren't Polyfusion the company that walked away from modulars to build stereo equipment instead?

Yeah, I think pretty much everyone walked away from modular once portable synths like the Mini-Moog took hold.
By the time keyboards like the DX7 came along, most people thought analogue had had it's day and we were never going back. A few kept the faith though.

http://www.preservationsound.com/?p=1470
Morley
For something designed to be an LFO that really does sound quite nice.

That's them.
I asked them if they had any documentation and they didn't. They seemed pleased that there was interest in their old stuff but not enough to keep records or info about it all (or even photos!)
Really hard to get detailed info about it.
sduck

Of note: there isn't a single Polyfusion entry in Matrixsynth's archives. That's a fairly amazing omission given how many posts have made their way onto that site.

I think that's an omission - I know of several polyfusion pics that have appeared there, most notably the deadmau5 one. Perhaps the low numbers haven't warranted a tag; or perhaps they just happened on some of the really high post count days and Mr. matrixsynth was busy with other stuff.
Christopher Winkels
Ah, okay. That's usually my "go-to" place as an aggregator, so it was a surprise to see nothing tagged. What you say makes sense in that case.
Morley
Hopefully I can find time to do serious demos of the system soon.
renzo
david (the cool ruler) - this is wonderful!!!!

thank you!
roginator
Just finished 6 of em wink

Morley
Nice!
JohnLRice
roginator wrote:
Just finished 6 of em wink

Wow! love

So, "finished" means you restored them or these are new clone builds? hmmm.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2