MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New! Low-Gain Electronics SubMix-7 : Now Available!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author New! Low-Gain Electronics SubMix-7 : Now Available!!
Low-Gain

If you would like to order an SM7 module visit this link:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=469622#469622

SubMix7 is a 7 Channel Active Mixer.
6hp, 6 attenuated active inputs + 1 active direct in. 7 channels total.
It can mix Both Audio and CV (ac/dc).
I'll have a mA measurement soon.

Some Simple Demo Videos!
1 of 2 Mixing CV
2 of 2 Mixing Audio
ModJam session using the SM-7

"Sorry for the loud levels.. turn down player and adjust speakers ... headphones or real speakers are best. There is some soft clipping in the video due to me hitting the camera a little too hot, there is also a bit of nasty compression in the beginning. My bad. wink

Z8000 controlling uScale shifting, graphic sequencer providing CV sequences for CV in on uLFO. uLFO wave outs mixed via SubMix7, to .VCA (controlled by maths) sent to SEM20 filter (cutoff CV'd by maths) sent to E580. Gotta watch the input on the E580, it likes to clip easily."

Demonstrating Mixing Gates via the RCD.
bkbirge
Nice! Any chance of a back-of-the-board expansion to a bus system, like linking several of these together and a cv'able pans module and maybe a 'master' module?
woodteeth
i am looking forward to getting one of these smile
VanEck
Very nice.

An expander with individual outs and on/off switches would be take it next level Mr. Green
Danem
7 channel mixer. Now this is something!
HueMonContact
Nice! I'm really diggin' all of your designs!
I need a Shortbus to go next to my R-54 all hail The Yellow!
Low-Gain
*facepalm*

c'mon guys...can't a mixer just be a mixer? LOL
lol

i think there are plenty of other "performance" mixer out there.
the point of this for me was to be able to mix my waveforms on my VCO's.
I think you'll find it to be quite useful

The 7th input was added for cascading multiple mixers together should you feel you need to do so. I thought about doing a behind the panel, but i wanted it to be something people had access to from the front panel.

I'll see what i can do about expansion. I can probably squeeze a jumper header on the back that will allow for buffered individual outputs. Figured Circuit Abbey had that one covered for an output mixer... While the SubMix-7 could be used as an output mixer, my intentions were for "sub" mixing before VCA/VCF's.
Low-Gain
HueMonContact wrote:
Nice! I'm really diggin' all of your designs!
I need a Shortbus to go next to my R-54 all hail The Yellow!

Thanks! Mr. Green
FYI
Currently in stock at Analogue Haven. i'm out of stock. (FIRST BATCH SOLD OUT!! WOOOOO)
zvukoprocessor
great!
hawklord2112
aawww. not green?

green would be awesome.
Hi5
green would be rad.

having a header for individual outs would be a big plus even if we diy our own panel for it.
Low-Gain
Hi5 wrote:
green would be rad.

having a header for individual outs would be a big plus even if we diy our own panel for it.

I agree w/ the green. It does look pretty bad ass. ... it's kinda got me thinking. but i dont know if i really want to go the pcb panel route with my line.. kinda have to establish an image.. and i'm not sure if that's it. we'll see. hahaha seems i had enough people complain about the short bus being yellow, i'm not sure my heart can take the lack of love for green. *sniffles* lol lol

as for the individual outs.. yeah if i can fit a header in there i'll add it.
Just keep in mind the individual outputs phase will be flipped 180.
the input buffers invert the incoming signal, sum, then the summing amplifier re-inverts the signal.
Hi5
Low-Gain wrote:

as for the individual outs.. yeah if i can fit a header in there i'll add it.
Just keep in mind the individual outputs phase will be flipped 180.
the input buffers invert the incoming signal, sum, then the summing amplifier re-inverts the signal.

as expected with typical mixer designs but if you are going to buffer the outs another inverting stage could be used but this is adding another 6/7 op-amp stages. I personally like the phase reversal as it can be used in creative ways when mixing it back into the mixer inputs especially for odd filter results. Likewise, we could always add our own inverting stage to the breakout panel if we really have issues with the phase reversal.

I think you could still provide a basic module with easy DIY options available for those inclined to do so. These sorts of things get me to buy something simple like a mixer which I could easily DIY myself.
amphonic
Low-Gain wrote:
*facepalm*

lol.

I like modules that do 1 thing really well. Especially if that one thing is something that I do in almost every patch like mixing waveforms. Great job, Low-Gain. I cant wait to get one.
Low-Gain
amphonic wrote:

I like modules that do 1 thing really well. Especially if that one thing is something that I do in almost every patch like mixing waveforms. Great job, Low-Gain. I cant wait to get one.

Thanks dude! smile I can't wait to send ya one! Give me a week or so.
I agree 100% as well.. I'm a gear whore and i dont hold back on modules.. hahaha.. i plan to have one next to every VCO i have w/ multi-waveform outputs and they'll stay patched at all times
Bird Of Paradise
This is awesome and will be super helpful, great work. Thanks!
Johnisfaster
Too bad its huge.. And no breakout for the coffee machine attachment. Real shame that is.
Low-Gain
Johnisfaster wrote:
Too bad its huge.. And no breakout for the coffee machine attachment. Real shame that is.

hawklord2112
amphonic wrote:
I cant wait to get one.

high praise indeed wink
attacksustain
nice! I could use one of these in my live rig where space is at a premium.

is it DC coupled ?
Jason Brock
Low-Gain wrote:
*facepalm*

lol

You mean this won't do everything that MATHS does?
Pffft.
hihi
ersatzplanet
I know the dangers of feature creep etc and everyone wants more etc but a very cool addition would be to add an internal bus to link the inputs of these together - basically build your own matrix mixer one piece at a time. Just a idea. You could just have the pads for the header and not even install them.

-James
Low-Gain
attacksustain wrote:
is it DC coupled ?

No caps in this signal chain! thumbs up
Low-Gain
ersatzplanet wrote:
I know the dangers of feature creep etc and everyone wants more etc but a very cool addition would be to add an internal bus to link the inputs of these together - basically build your own matrix mixer one piece at a time. Just a idea. You could just have the pads for the header and not even install them.

-James

I might be able to do that. good think'n. If anything i can put small pads next to each of the channel buffer outputs for expansion via flying wires. (just to make the diy'rs work a little lol )
lionelfischer
sneak preview of final artwork?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4