MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

weird problem with b/s/t forum
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author weird problem with b/s/t forum
budz
For some reason today I can't browse the b/s/t forum. Anyone else having this problem? It says "Sorry, you do not yet have enough relevant posts to view this subforum!"

Apart from the fact that it should say "Sorry, you do not have enough money to view this subforum!", I've never had this issue before! seriously, i just don't get it

edit - and I just realised I should have posted this in the Forum + Wiki Discussion & Requests forum. Fail confused
budz
OK so now I noticed this information at the top of the forum:

Are you affected by the recent B/S/T policy change? Don't panic! It's nothing personal and no individuals have been singled out. The 'rules' are being enforced by code that is constantly weighing a number of factors. We have had *far* too many complaints lately and the options are to either completely close B/S/T, or adopt something like we've implemented today. Thank-you for your understanding.

So what gives? I can't see any threads discussing this topic. I actually have a FS thread active at the moment and I can't view it d'oh!

So I guess I'm wondering what constitutes a 'relevant post' and how many of them you actually need? Don't positive buyer/seller references in the b/s/t sticky count for anything?
AnalogBastard
Was wondering too.. seriously, i just don't get it whats the magic number ? what's relevant ? I donated to this site after it crashed not long ago.. kind of sorry i did now.. angry
nonbot
I just posted something in B/S/T and now I can't even view my own post/finish selling to people who were interested! very frustrating
Somatic
is there a link to the recent B/S/T policy change?
rac
budz wrote:


Apart from the fact that it should say "Sorry, you do not have enough money to view this subforum!", I've never had this issue before! seriously, i just don't get it


haha so true.

Yeah, I hope it doesnt get shut down. I was hoping to use it really soon.
snufkin
yeah it's kind of crazy harsh

I've actually already bought something from BST and now I cant even read the forum

I understand there needs to be check and balances but there are other ways

I have 80ish posts here is that not enough? (and post count doesn't always insure safety)

I bought face to face but info like good ebay record/good trader threads and lists of trades in sigs or on profiles seem like better ways to insure safety

also many of my posts are in the video synth forum and I feel were very relevant Mr. Green
joshnapkins
what's the new policy? i'm a new here as far as posts concern but i've happily bought & traded stuff on bst over the past few months as i worked my way into modular land.
hednoize
I have both items for sale, and purchased item awaiting shipping which I bought last night from the B/S/T forum. I may not have hundreds or thousands of posts like other users here, but I'm well over the 50 post minimum required for posting items for sale. This is extremely disappointing. Fucking Citizen Mori and other lazy/inconsiderate people who take people's money and ship a month later. Thanks, assholes.

Guess I'm back to paying the eBay tax. Not that I ever find much of what I want in Eurorack on eBay, And I hate selling there.
xi-bot
what ? 90+ are not enough !!!
ok. then i start posting
whats the daily limit of posts ?
;-)
leitner6
This is happening to me too. Is this a policy change or a software bug? I'm below the 50 threshold, but I've had 4 successful transactions from here. That would suck to be banned from that forum.
michenal
Maybe we can build our post count in this thread hihi
snufkin
surly there could be some kind of amnesty for people who might have lower post counts but have already proved fairly trustworthy (not talking about myself I have only done one deal, more for people who have done 3 or 4 and have active posts there)

and also info on what the required post count is and what makes a post relevant
budz
Yeah totally perplexed... how is a post count a measure of reliability?

Why would people complain about the b/s/t forum?

If someone got ripped off, how is it the b/s/t forum's fault?

People can get ripped off anywhere - ebay, craigslist etc. If they are too trusting and not careful enough that's their own risk surely? It's fucking terrible that it should happen, but I just can't see how it's the fault of the b/s/t forum?

And I guess what's driving me really mad here is there's not a single thread or post about this new policy. I'm guessing it's in the b/s/t forum. Urgh!
michenal
This is really ridiculous to be honest. There are better ways to implement buyer and seller protection. Now you need to be part of a club to even be able to see b/s/t posts? angry very frustrating
wmgaretjax
kind of a bummer... but I guess this makes sense. does seriously impose on folks who have pending transactions that can no longer access the threads...
infradead
budz wrote:
So what gives? I can't see any threads discussing this topic. I actually have a FS thread active at the moment and I can't view it d'oh!

So I guess I'm wondering what constitutes a 'relevant post' and how many of them you actually need? Don't positive buyer/seller references in the b/s/t sticky count for anything?


lol to funny

they've got to have something that's going by post count and word per post maybe? not counting it towards the number needed to view the forum unless words per post is over X amount or something
michenal
budz wrote:
Yeah totally perplexed... how is a post count a measure of reliability?

Why would people complain about the b/s/t forum?

If someone got ripped off, how is it the b/s/t forum's fault?

People can get ripped off anywhere - ebay, craigslist etc. If they are too trusting and not careful enough that's their own risk surely? It's fucking terrible that it should happen, but I just can't see how it's the fault of the b/s/t forum?

And I guess what's driving me really mad here is there's not a single thread or post about this new policy. I'm guessing it's in the b/s/t forum. Urgh!


It's not post count, it's "relevant" posts... Whatever that means.
parasitk
budz wrote:
And I guess what's driving me really mad here is there's not a single thread or post about this new policy. I'm guessing it's in the b/s/t forum.


No, there's not. There's no word anywhere at the moment.
leitner6
michenal wrote:
Maybe we can build our post count in this thread hihi


no kidding... I hope my cats are feeling photogenic, I feel 40+ cat posts in my future. hihi

post = post + 1;
nonbot
michenal wrote:
This is really ridiculous to be honest. There are better ways to implement buyer and seller protection. Now you need to be part of a club to even be able to see b/s/t posts? angry very frustrating


+1 seriously, i just don't get it

michenal wrote:
Maybe we can build our post count in this thread hihi


hihi
infradead
can we have an auto ban for WTB threads if you have under 60 posts? hihi
ynth
The dubious transactions thread is ripe with veteran Wigglers pissing on one another.

How are the old-timers going to finance their (insert boutique synthmaker here) lust now without the new guard buying up all their unwanted shit?
budz
parasitk wrote:
budz wrote:
And I guess what's driving me really mad here is there's not a single thread or post about this new policy. I'm guessing it's in the b/s/t forum.


No, there's not. There's no word anywhere at the moment.


Thanks for the info parasitk!
cerebrosis
Quote:
The 'rules' are being enforced by code that is constantly weighing a number of factors
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group