weird problem with b/s/t forum

Important announcements about the forum and other Muffwiggler.com sites.

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

budz
Veteran Wiggler

weird problem with b/s/t forum

Post by budz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:15 pm

For some reason today I can't browse the b/s/t forum. Anyone else having this problem? It says "Sorry, you do not yet have enough relevant posts to view this subforum!"

Apart from the fact that it should say "Sorry, you do not have enough money to view this subforum!", I've never had this issue before! :despair:

edit - and I just realised I should have posted this in the Forum + Wiki Discussion & Requests forum. Fail :/

budz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by budz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:31 pm

OK so now I noticed this information at the top of the forum:

Are you affected by the recent B/S/T policy change? Don't panic! It's nothing personal and no individuals have been singled out. The 'rules' are being enforced by code that is constantly weighing a number of factors. We have had *far* too many complaints lately and the options are to either completely close B/S/T, or adopt something like we've implemented today. Thank-you for your understanding.

So what gives? I can't see any threads discussing this topic. I actually have a FS thread active at the moment and I can't view it :doh:

So I guess I'm wondering what constitutes a 'relevant post' and how many of them you actually need? Don't positive buyer/seller references in the b/s/t sticky count for anything?

AnalogBastard
Wiggling with Experience

Post by AnalogBastard » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:41 pm

Was wondering too.. :despair: whats the magic number ? what's relevant ? I donated to this site after it crashed not long ago.. kind of sorry i did now.. :mad:

nonbot
Wiggling with Experience

Post by nonbot » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:43 pm

I just posted something in B/S/T and now I can't even view my own post/finish selling to people who were interested! :bang:

Somatic
choleric wiggler

Post by Somatic » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:44 pm

is there a link to the recent B/S/T policy change?
Gimme that funk, that sweet, that nasty, that gushi stuff ...
mark wrote:There is another possibility, but it's almost too terrifying to mention. Do you know if your cat happens to be a Beyonce fan?

rac
Common Wiggler

Re: weird problem with b/s/t forum

Post by rac » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:48 pm

budz wrote:
Apart from the fact that it should say "Sorry, you do not have enough money to view this subforum!", I've never had this issue before! :despair:
haha so true.

Yeah, I hope it doesnt get shut down. I was hoping to use it really soon.

snufkin
Ultra Wiggler

Post by snufkin » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:50 pm

yeah it's kind of crazy harsh

I've actually already bought something from BST and now I cant even read the forum

I understand there needs to be check and balances but there are other ways

I have 80ish posts here is that not enough? (and post count doesn't always insure safety)

I bought face to face but info like good ebay record/good trader threads and lists of trades in sigs or on profiles seem like better ways to insure safety

also many of my posts are in the video synth forum and I feel were very relevant :mrgreen:
WTB: any Digisound80 / Digisound 80 faceplates/pcbs/kits.

joshnapkins
Learning to Wiggle

Post by joshnapkins » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:51 pm

what's the new policy? i'm a new here as far as posts concern but i've happily bought & traded stuff on bst over the past few months as i worked my way into modular land.

hednoize
Common Wiggler

Post by hednoize » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:56 pm

I have both items for sale, and purchased item awaiting shipping which I bought last night from the B/S/T forum. I may not have hundreds or thousands of posts like other users here, but I'm well over the 50 post minimum required for posting items for sale. This is extremely disappointing. Fucking Citizen Mori and other lazy/inconsiderate people who take people's money and ship a month later. Thanks, assholes.

Guess I'm back to paying the eBay tax. Not that I ever find much of what I want in Eurorack on eBay, And I hate selling there.
Brent Daniels [Free]
brentdanielsmusic.com
@brentdaniels

xi-bot
Common Wiggler

Post by xi-bot » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:56 pm

what ? 90+ are not enough !!!
ok. then i start posting
whats the daily limit of posts ?
;-)
Last edited by xi-bot on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leitner6
Common Wiggler

Post by leitner6 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:57 pm

This is happening to me too. Is this a policy change or a software bug? I'm below the 50 threshold, but I've had 4 successful transactions from here. That would suck to be banned from that forum.

michenal
Common Wiggler

Post by michenal » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:58 pm

Maybe we can build our post count in this thread :hihi:

snufkin
Ultra Wiggler

Post by snufkin » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:59 pm

surly there could be some kind of amnesty for people who might have lower post counts but have already proved fairly trustworthy (not talking about myself I have only done one deal, more for people who have done 3 or 4 and have active posts there)

and also info on what the required post count is and what makes a post relevant
WTB: any Digisound80 / Digisound 80 faceplates/pcbs/kits.

budz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by budz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Yeah totally perplexed... how is a post count a measure of reliability?

Why would people complain about the b/s/t forum?

If someone got ripped off, how is it the b/s/t forum's fault?

People can get ripped off anywhere - ebay, craigslist etc. If they are too trusting and not careful enough that's their own risk surely? It's fucking terrible that it should happen, but I just can't see how it's the fault of the b/s/t forum?

And I guess what's driving me really mad here is there's not a single thread or post about this new policy. I'm guessing it's in the b/s/t forum. Urgh!

michenal
Common Wiggler

Post by michenal » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:00 pm

This is really ridiculous to be honest. There are better ways to implement buyer and seller protection. Now you need to be part of a club to even be able to see b/s/t posts? :mad: :bang:

wmgaretjax
Common Wiggler

Post by wmgaretjax » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:01 pm

kind of a bummer... but I guess this makes sense. does seriously impose on folks who have pending transactions that can no longer access the threads...

infradead
leader of the secret trombones

Post by infradead » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:02 pm

budz wrote:So what gives? I can't see any threads discussing this topic. I actually have a FS thread active at the moment and I can't view it :doh:

So I guess I'm wondering what constitutes a 'relevant post' and how many of them you actually need? Don't positive buyer/seller references in the b/s/t sticky count for anything?
lol to funny

they've got to have something that's going by post count and word per post maybe? not counting it towards the number needed to view the forum unless words per post is over X amount or something
Last edited by infradead on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forget everything you know about sound, then turn the synth on. You can thank me later - slow_riot

cases: doepfer 6u and monster base

Tacoma Noise Rodeo

michenal
Common Wiggler

Post by michenal » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:03 pm

budz wrote:Yeah totally perplexed... how is a post count a measure of reliability?

Why would people complain about the b/s/t forum?

If someone got ripped off, how is it the b/s/t forum's fault?

People can get ripped off anywhere - ebay, craigslist etc. If they are too trusting and not careful enough that's their own risk surely? It's fucking terrible that it should happen, but I just can't see how it's the fault of the b/s/t forum?

And I guess what's driving me really mad here is there's not a single thread or post about this new policy. I'm guessing it's in the b/s/t forum. Urgh!
It's not post count, it's "relevant" posts... Whatever that means.

parasitk
Learn to swim

Post by parasitk » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:04 pm

budz wrote:And I guess what's driving me really mad here is there's not a single thread or post about this new policy. I'm guessing it's in the b/s/t forum.
No, there's not. There's no word anywhere at the moment.

leitner6
Common Wiggler

Post by leitner6 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:04 pm

michenal wrote:Maybe we can build our post count in this thread :hihi:
no kidding... I hope my cats are feeling photogenic, I feel 40+ cat posts in my future. :hihi:

post = post + 1;

nonbot
Wiggling with Experience

Post by nonbot » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:05 pm

michenal wrote:This is really ridiculous to be honest. There are better ways to implement buyer and seller protection. Now you need to be part of a club to even be able to see b/s/t posts? :mad: :bang:
+1 :despair:
michenal wrote:Maybe we can build our post count in this thread :hihi:
:hihi:

infradead
leader of the secret trombones

Post by infradead » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:06 pm

can we have an auto ban for WTB threads if you have under 60 posts? :hihi:
forget everything you know about sound, then turn the synth on. You can thank me later - slow_riot

cases: doepfer 6u and monster base

Tacoma Noise Rodeo

ynth
You're a gazelle

Post by ynth » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:06 pm

The dubious transactions thread is ripe with veteran Wigglers pissing on one another.

How are the old-timers going to finance their (insert boutique synthmaker here) lust now without the new guard buying up all their unwanted shit?

budz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by budz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:06 pm

parasitk wrote:
budz wrote:And I guess what's driving me really mad here is there's not a single thread or post about this new policy. I'm guessing it's in the b/s/t forum.
No, there's not. There's no word anywhere at the moment.
Thanks for the info parasitk!

cerebrosis
digital sympathizer

Post by cerebrosis » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:07 pm

The 'rules' are being enforced by code that is constantly weighing a number of factors

Return to “Announcements - Please read!”