MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Adapting the EuroRack audio world for video synthesis
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Adapting the EuroRack audio world for video synthesis
giorgio
oops
raulsworldofsynths
Just figured out this cool patch. thought I would share it. Hopefully hasn't been posted before.
Just a note, I know the optomix actually does extra work, but something about pushing it through the optomix actually warps the ramps a little, rounds them off. weird!

[/img]
Here's a video of it.

Peace!!
Raul
thumbs up
Matos
Celt done Raul. I like the swirling madness at the top.
raulsworldofsynths
Matos wrote:
Celt done Raul. I like the swirling madness at the top.

Thanks. It reminded me of a paint spill or whirlpool.
Pretty fun.
w00t
raulsworldofsynths
Holy smokes! I just went back and did the same patch but this time added feedback from a camcorder, instant 3D, followed by Timothy Leary moments!

Just in case anyone wants to try it out.
thumbs up
samn
^ Thats killer! Love those rubbery lines. Video feedback is amazing smile
Arturo00
Awesome patch Raul! Though I must admit, I prefer the first one. Both are very cool indeed thumbs up
nickciontea
great looking lines!
analogPedagog
cool smile
ratch
Great reference. thank you
Egor
I'm new to the world of video synthesis, and as a starting point I purchased a Dave Jones MVP, as it seemed like the best option for getting started on my student budget.

I'm wondering if there is a way to expand my video system now. i.e If I purchased some lzx modules, such as the waveform generator and the triple multimode filter, would these input directly into the mvp, or would I still need the lzx encoder and synch generator?

I also have an expert sleepers system, and want to use it with my video system to experiment with pattern synthesis. Has anyone tried making audio max/msp patches, then using them through a converter such expert sleepers to generate video patterns before?

What are the best modules I should look at purchasing in the future to experiment with pattern s ynthesis? 

And finally.... Has anyone had success downloading the pdf's under the  Diy schematics section on the lzx industries website?
All three sound good and I'd like to try making them, however when I open the pdfs, there are just a few random indecipherable symbols scattered across the page, it's by no means a readable schematic!

Thanks to everyone for there help and advice to a video synth newbie!
daverj
Egor wrote:
I'm new to the world of video synthesis, and as a starting point I purchased a Dave Jones MVP, as it seemed like the best option for getting started on my student budget.

I'm wondering if there is a way to expand my video system now. i.e If I purchased some lzx modules, such as the waveform generator and the triple multimode filter, would these input directly into the mvp, or would I still need the lzx encoder and synch generator?

The MVIP has a video input which expects a composite video signal. It extracts the sync information from that to create the sync on the video output. So only real composite video signals can go in there. (like the output of an LZX encoder, a DVD player, camera, etc...)

It also have CV inputs. Those are expecting audio rate and below. And are expecting standard +/-5v Euro signals. So the LZX 0-1v signals would be fairly small. And anything above the audio range won't be seen. So you can't really put video rate oscillators in those and get video rate bars or shapes.

The MVIP works fine processing the output of the LZX encoder. So to go that route you would need their oscillators and the sync gen/encoder modules to feed video rate oscillations and shapes into the video input of the MVIP.

Egor wrote:
And finally.... Has anyone had success downloading the pdf's under the  Diy schematics section on the lzx industries website?
All three sound good and I'd like to try making them, however when I open the pdfs, there are just a few random indecipherable symbols scattered across the page, it's by no means a readable schematic!

What are you opening them with? Do you have Acrobat Reader (Adobe Reader) installed? (get it free at adobe.com) I just went and checked and all three display fine as PDF files. If you just open them as text files then you'll see a bunch of strange character symbols and not the schematics.
hinotori
I'm interested in logic modules and the LZX and have read about the LZX video logic and the Spock. But, has anyone used the Abstract data logic boss in their system, or had interesting results from other logic modules?
kjellb
Intellijel µFold works real well for video.
nickciontea
kjellb wrote:
Intellijel µFold works real well for video.

i'd love to see what you got!
kjellb
I am sorry but I do not have any recordings (and stressed out timewise). Anyway the folds and symmertry inputs can handle pretty high frequent inputs (several bars locked to horizontal) and I have been keeping a couple of these modules in my live performance case for more than a year.
kjellb
Mungo w0 gives superclean waveforms. It reminds me a bit of the Jones oscillator which I have been testing for some time. If you buy w0 for video make sure to get the latest version.
reignbear
kjellb wrote:
Mungo w0 gives superclean waveforms. It reminds me a bit of the Jones oscillator which I have been testing for some time. If you buy w0 for video make sure to get the latest version.

Interesting, how high does it go?
kjellb
Not too high, 2-3 vertical bars. It will not replace a dedicated video oscillator.
kjellb
Mungo Enterprises send me a waveform that made the module reach higher frequencies. For me a couple of vertical bars is good enough for a music based oscillator. I am lucky enough to have a couple of the upcoming Jones oscillators which hits the sky anyway.
reignbear
kjellb wrote:
I am lucky enough to have a couple of the upcoming Jones oscillators which hits the sky anyway.

waah waah waah
barto
piston honda mkii works well. syncs to field rate and you get some interesting results by morphing through the wave tables
kjellb
I should test it. How does the morphing work video wise?
Cobramatic
Tried out the TipTop Z3000 Osc with the LZX.
Specs suggest it gets into video rates.
My trials gives 1 vertical line without syncing and upto 3 vertical lines if synced via Line rate into the 1v/octave input. For some reason the 'sync' input is a lot less useful at Line rates.
A few diagonal lines are possible also.
Horizontal lines are all good as expected - no need to sync to Field rate as the Osc is very stable.
As it has all usual waveforms out and 2x FM and PWM cv control in then it works well as a lower frequency VWG, which is damn handy 'cos there are still no VWG's out there (no stock for at least a year now.....)

Grab one if you can't get a VWG!

Been using the Malekko Wiard Anti-Osc for interesting wave folded vertical lines too via the 'Mayhem' output.
Cat-A-Tonic
Doepfer A-172 Max/Min works great with LZX video.

As I understand it Max/Min is synonymous with
Analogue AND/OR,
and Peak & Through.

...but the LZX module is 'digital' Logic, right?
Just 0 and 1v, nothing in between, right?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 7 of 8