MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MMM VLF1-B DIY Boards euro conversion
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular  
Author MMM VLF1-B DIY Boards euro conversion
snufkin
hi guys i am thinking of getting two of the MMM Voltage Controlled Dual Low Frequency Oscillator boards to mount behind a euro panel

I see the hookup kits and the pots/jacks/switches on the mmm site but how about connectors for doepfer style power? is the 4-pin 0.156” MTA socket to 16 pin Euro the right one?

also can you guys give me advice on how small I can make a euro panel that has to house controls for two VLF1-B the system I want to build is really tight on space but I would like quite allot of power

thats 12 jacks 12 pots and 8 leds

is this a silly idea??? hmmm.....
mmm
snufkin wrote:
hi guys i am thinking of getting two of the MMM Voltage Controlled Dual Low Frequency Oscillator boards to mount behind a euro panel

I see the hookup kits and the pots/jacks/switches on the mmm site but how about connectors for doepfer style power? is the 4-pin 0.156” MTA socket to 16 pin Euro the right one?

also can you guys give me advice on how small I can make a euro panel that has to house controls for two VLF1-B the system I want to build is really tight on space but I would like quite allot of power

thats 12 jacks 12 pots and 8 leds

is this a silly idea??? hmmm.....

Hi Snufkin !

Yeah, the 4-pin to Euro cable is the one to power the module from your Doepfer-style system.

As far as scrunching as much as you can in a Euro-sized panel, I'll have to leave that to the experts here thumbs up

They're a pretty bright group and can help you with no problem. applause
negativspace
You may be overstating things a bit there, George. hihi

I'd say you could do it in 16hp if you're creative with your LED placement, or 18 if you want to give them a little space. (I routinely build VCFs with 6 knobs and 6 pots on 8hp panels, but they're pretty tight.) Might be a good idea to start your design at 18 or 20 and cut it down if you find that it can take it. As you increase your control density, always keep in mind that the parts are larger behind the panel than on it. There's only so far you can go.

And it's not a silly idea at all, MMM modules work out great in Euro. My Quad AD/ASR module is probably the single most-used module in my 18U.
mmm
negativspace wrote:
You may be overstating things a bit there, George. hihi

I overstate a lot of things but, I stand on this one. applause

You guys are a lot more creative than I am.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular  
Page 1 of 1