MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rack Planner does Modcan B
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Rack Planner does Modcan B
dougcl
Awesome job Bananaplug we're not worthy

sandyb
w00t
time to plan more modcan! thanks Bananaplug.
haricots
As far I can tell you're missing the Oscillator and Noise/SH/RM modules.
BananaPlug
Thanks. Fixed.
sgnhh
What program are you guys using to archive patches (ie, draw lines between the modules)?
dougcl
I either get a screen shot or use "Save as JPG" and then use MS Paint to draw the lines.
rezzn8r
big props for this, thanks
already putting it to good use
glau
Hello rezzn8r. Please can you tell me how do you draw the patch cables?

Thanks a lot
BugBrand
I would guess just in an image editor once you've exported the jpeg from the RackPlanner?
(or, to be really retro, pen/pencil!)
dude
is there a reason my modcan b's are all squashed? formatting? can't seem to figure it out. likely user error...
BananaPlug
Only thing I can think of is that your XML file is pointing to the wrong rack image. You can go here and get ModcanB12.xml and ModcanB12.jpg.
dude
thats where i got them from initially. no worries. back to using a pen and paper
BananaPlug
I just did a test. Downloaded fresh copies of those files and RackPlanner itself. Made the image below. Does that look "squashed" to you?

This shows the directory structure and how to make a shortcut (Win XP).

Hope that helps!
dude
i iz on a mac. could that be part of my problem?
BananaPlug
Quote:

Should be fine. It's a Java application, cross-platform is what Java is all about. I haven't heard of any Mac issues and I don't have one here.

FYI for the windows crowd, I forgot that the current release of RackPlanner has the ability to load and save files from a menu. That makes the whole shortcut thing pretty unnecessary. Using RackPlanner as it comes in the zip file, all you have to do is add the ModcanB xml and image files to where you find the default euro xml and image files and then once you start RackPlanner you can use File->Open and select the XML of your choice.
dougcl
dude wrote:

bring your computer over and I'll have a look 8_)

Seriously though, there are no known issues on macs. I sometimes go down to the mall to the Mac store and do some testing smile
dude
as i suspected, total user ERRRROOORRRRR. thanks for your persistent help. it works now and is beautiful and is helping me conceive of pure evil and simultaneous beauty! my problem was that i was trying to load modcan b stuff into a frac? or euro rack. didn't. unsurprisingly didn't work. huge thanks for the app and assistance using it!
dougcl
w00t
dude
oh shit u live in PDX! didn't realize. any way i can meet you and discuss modular plans/possible check out some of your modules? i would be forever grateful!!!
dude
also my small brain cannot figure out how to delete a module once adding it to the scheme. i tried the edit menu, only has copy paste. then tried using the obvious, "click on the module and press delete"...no dice. what iz i doin' wrong? i can haz no understand rrremovz d'oh!
BananaPlug
Quote:
"click on the module and press delete"

Gee, that's what works for me. Strange. Glad you figured out the other problem.
dougcl
dude wrote:
oh shit u live in PDX! didn't realize. any way i can meet you and discuss modular plans/possible check out some of your modules? i would be forever grateful!!!

yep PM me for details.
dude
is there a ready made modcan A rack file anywhere that i am overlooking?
dougcl
dude wrote:

http://squiggletronics.com/files/RackPlannerModules/Racks/
http://squiggletronics.com/files/RackPlannerModules/images/
BananaPlug
dougcl wrote:
dude wrote:

http://squiggletronics.com/files/RackPlannerModules/Racks/
http://squiggletronics.com/files/RackPlannerModules/images/

And you can make an XML for any size rack here:

4/14/2011 Edit: There's a rack image generator there too. Covers the most common formats (I'm asking around for specs for some others). You can select a format and enter number of positions per row.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> RackPlanner Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2