MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[IN STOCK] Buchlidian Voltage Proc PCB, Euro Panel (CVP)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next [all]
Author [IN STOCK] Buchlidian Voltage Proc PCB, Euro Panel (CVP)
negativspace
The simple but useful circuit was originally designed by Chris MacDonald, modified by Peter Grenader, then further modified by Matthias Herrmann (fonik) and released as a schematic and P&P layout in 2006. It has +/-5v of offset, a glide control, and an attenuverter. There are pads on the board for one bi-color LED. I based this heavily on Matthias' version of the circuit, with an additional buffered THROUGH connection and a modified output stage which will now drive a passive multiple. This is being produced with Matthias' blessing.

- PCB dimensions: 1.5" x 2.85" (~38mm x ~72mm)
- MOTM + Euro power connections.
- On-board pots: 1" on-center to match the 4hp Euro panels.
- 2 mounting holes for those who don't want 1" pot spacing and wish to use a bracket.
- Optional reverse-power protection.

The PANEL price is $15.00/ea. The PCB price is $10.00/ea, and there will be a $3 shipping charge per order. I will gladly ship overseas for an extra $8 per order.

The best way to pay is with Paypal - my address is jcoates42 (at) gmail [dot] com.

BOM:

Resistors - 1% (Mouser # 271-XXX-RC, where XXX is the value.)
[1] 33K (+/-12v operation) or 47K (+/-15v operation)
[5] 47k
[1] 39k
[1] 100k
[1] 4.7k
[2] 470R (R = 'Ohm')
[1] 680R

Capacitors
[2] 10uF/22uF electrolytic
[2] 100nF (0.1uF) ceramic
[1] 1uF electrolytic

Semis/ICs
[2] 1N4001
[1] TL074
[1] TL072CN or LT1013, both available @ Mouser
[1] LED

Misc.
[1] 20k Trimpot
[2] Ferrite Bead
[1] 10-pin Euro or 4-pin MTA-156 (Straight or Right-angle.) (MOTM)
[2] PTC Resettable Fuse

Pots (For the 4hp Euro panel, you'll need to use a smaller pot such as the 9mm Alphas from Small Bear/Banzai Music.)
[2] 50k Linear
[1] 1M Audio
mikecameron
2 for me please!
scozbor
2 for me thumbs up
wwall
Count me in for four!

(Hoping you won't hold my low post count against me.)
decaying.sine
*double post accident
decaying.sine
I would like 8 please.
questionable
4 boards, please!
gwaidan
2 for me please!
active
i know i want 2. i will potentially want 4. as a relatively new wiggler, i am a bit in the dark on what i could do with this. if anyone cares to shed some light, i will more then likely get 4.
patchdub
active wrote:
i am a bit in the dark on what i could do with this. if anyone cares to shed some light, i will more then likely get 4.

yes please illuminate me as well.
tailwagger
I'm in for four.
fluxmonkey
overall dimensions of the board, por favor?
negativspace
negativspace wrote:
...and this 1.5" x 3.2" PCB is the end result....

8_) Mr. Green
SMS303
I'm in for three.. make it FOUR!... thumbs up
Unless Falafelbiels wants them too, then more...
negativspace
patchdub wrote:
active wrote:
i am a bit in the dark on what i could do with this. if anyone cares to shed some light, i will more then likely get 4.

yes please illuminate me as well.

It's just a basic set of CV tools.

The offset/attenuator controls are useful for scaling and shifting voltages - turning a +/- 2.5v waveform into a 0-5v signal to open a VCA or squashing a 0-5v signal into a 1-3v signal prior to a quantizer, for example.

The glide circuit is a simple slew, good for taking the edge off of fast triggers to eliminate VCA click, adding glide to a pitch CV for portamento, etc. I use it with my RCD & uStep to turn the triggers into 'softer' events for more subtle modulations.

Here's the panel that this has been designed for, it might give you some idea as to what it actually does in the real world. (I know seeing a panel design always helps me grok a module.) This panel uses 2 of these PCBs, one per channel. The mix section is done offboard with an additional CGS04 PCB and the two switches up top are ON-OFF-(ON) switches for muting or manually injecting the signal, what have you.

mome rath
i will buy 2
jarvis
I'm down for 4
notimeforlove
This board looks like it would be a single CV processor yeah? I ask cause Fonix's module contains 2 right next to each other an the 255 has 8 in one module. If it's just a single, I think I'll late 4.
negativspace
Yes, it is a single board per channel.
glacial23
I'll take two.
rico loverde
4 please. Thank you for this. Very cool.
ATOM
I take 4

ATOM
beautyofdecay_
I'll take 4.

Thanks!
ndkent
two
Norman_Phay
Can you put me down for 4 x these, please. Thankls!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next [all]
Page 1 of 41