MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

power connections on joystick module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author power connections on joystick module
Norman_Phay
Hello!

I broke the power lead off the back of my joystick module whan I was moving modules around in my case. I can't tell where the red and green leads went. Can someone take a pic for me so I can solder them up again?

Many thanks.
Muff Wiggler
oh no! i'm away from home 'till Thursday the 5th

If you have no answer by then, shoot me a PM and I'll take a pic for you immediately

(i'm pretty sure you'll have it sorted by then, worst case give Grant a call....but, just in case...)
krisp14u
Norman is it the frak one if so I can dig it out and take a look for you
Norman_Phay
It is the frac one, yes. Thanks!
krisp14u

Ther is a lot of black silicone on there but the red on mine goes to the Gate button and looking from the back of the pot’s the left hand of the bottom pot and the right hand of the side pot the green is earth
I hope this helps
Kwote
that's my only gripe about Wiard modules is the power being soldered to the board. i prefer a connector on the board only.

mind you that's not much of a complaint considering how badass Wiard is.
chamomileshark
Kwote, the 300 series modules the power supply plugs into the back. But as you say on the controller they are onto the board. I had a slight whoopsie as I was racking my stuff and the Blacet power supply fell off the table, luckily everything is ok, the power supply is now taped to the table, but it's something to be aware of when I move. IIRC the connectors are not so easy to spring for the Blacet PSU either.

I can't remember how the 1200 modules are, but then the power supply is screwed to the Blacet frames.

There's probably a good reason why Grant did the new controller that way as he does do it differently on the 300 series.
Kwote
yeah i can only speak on what i have, the 310A, Noisering & Boogie.

the 310A being the only 300 series i've been blessed to acquire.

again minor gripe. mostly just harder to swap out modules on a whim. no big woop. 8)
Roycie Roller
When did you score a Boogie? sad banana
BugBrand
I just mod'd two 1200 series modules for IndexOfMetals (Borg and NoiseRing) - both of these also had the power soldered to the PCB. One did, indeed, fall off during work but was easily resoldered. I added a cable-tie to prevent further strain to the solder join points.
Kwote
Roycie Roller wrote:

last week. Rockin' Banana!
Roycie Roller
Kwote wrote:
Roycie Roller wrote:

cry Rage! f u hihi w00t SlayerBadger!

How do you like it?

BugBrand wrote:
I just mod'd two 1200 series modules for IndexOfMetals (Borg and NoiseRing)

I saw them!- did you add the two switches on the Noise Ring, and if so, what are they for? Was there any normalling behind the panels that was lost when the banana jacks went in?
BugBrand
Yep, just for normalling.
(can't remember offhand what the connections were)
Kwote
Roycie Roller wrote:
Kwote wrote:
Roycie Roller wrote:

cry Rage! f u hihi w00t SlayerBadger!

How do you like it?

pretty cool. makes for a creamier wah sound on my guitar then the filthy filtre. also it finally got me using my 310A again. real fun letting the jag fade between the 6, 12, 18 and 24 outs.
chamomileshark
hmm..sounds interesting..how are you doing that?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1