MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My Mattson Mini Modular page is up now...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular  
Author My Mattson Mini Modular page is up now...
carbon111
I just finished it this afternoon:

http://carbon111.com/mmm.html

Guinness ftw! SlayerBadger!

JohnLRice
Nice web site! w00t
Babaluma
dinky!

how easy would it be to control things if you DID put knobs on it? would there still be enough space between knobs for manoeuvrability? looks like a great jamming/live machine.
carbon111
JohnLRice wrote:
Nice web site! w00t

Thanks! Mr. Green

Babaluma wrote:
how easy would it be to control things if you DID put knobs on it? would there still be enough space between knobs for manoeuvrability?

With some slim ones it would probably be just fine...

I love it! It does have rubber covers on the pot shafts that act as knobs so its not all that bad.
parasitk
I'm looking forward to hearing more clips of this thing. I saw a couple videos on Vimeo which were not particularly sonically interesting, IMO. I'd love to hear it really pushed! It is purty love
plord
I fondly remember the prototype filter from the Seattle gathering...2 years ago? It was REALLY nice, 2044 based, creamy as hell. How does the production filter sound in comparison?
bar|none
What do you think about this system for a first modular? I read the open letter on the philosophy and I like the concept.

I'm new here and I have a Spectralis as a hybrid but trying to gain some knowledge on how to get into a modular system.

The monster cases of the big ones are cool, but a bit much for my tastes right now and the wife would kill me if I dragged one of those in the house.

I have one question on the Midi CV module. Does this pretty much take care of all the midi interfaces needs? What's the deal with MOTU Volta? Does it just allow more control of various other CV modules. I've never used anything CV so excuse the ignorance.
Waz
carbon111 wrote:
I just finished it this afternoon:

http://carbon111.com/mmm.html

Guinness ftw! SlayerBadger!

I was curious if you knew when or IF Mattison is offering individual modules. I almost bought one, but its scary dropping 1600$ on something that might not succeed or has no expandability yet.
3vcos
[quote="Waz"] I almost bought one, but its scary dropping 1600$ on something that might not succeed or has no expandability yet.[/quote]

The best part of any modular is that 'expandability' is always covered with just a couple patch cords...
Waz
3vcos wrote:
Waz wrote:
I almost bought one, but its scary dropping 1600$ on something that might not succeed or has no expandability yet.

The best part of any modular is that 'expandability' is always covered with just a couple patch cords...

That doesnt mesh well with the portability of the MMM. But you are right, I could just cross patch it to another modular. I almost jumped the gun and signed up for one of the MMM cases. It was the lack of buying single modules that held me back though. I can see why he does it. A company with such a niche market needs to profit before it can expand. I hope to see great things from MMM.
3vcos
I was also assuming tha once you had a system you would be able to give them a ring and buy just another vco or vcf. Is that not the case? That would kind of suck.

[quote="Waz"][quote="3vcos"][quote="Waz"] I almost bought one, but its scary dropping 1600$ on something that might not succeed or has no expandability yet.[/quote]

The best part of any modular is that 'expandability' is always covered with just a couple patch cords...[/quote]

That doesnt mesh well with the portability of the MMM. But you are right, I could just cross patch it to another modular. I almost jumped the gun and signed up for one of the MMM cases. It was the lack of buying single modules that held me back though. I can see why he does it. A company with such a niche market needs to profit before it can expand. I hope to see great things from MMM.[/quote]
carbon111
George will be offering singles. The main website is about to have a major overhaul...

I'll be talking to George this weekend as a matter of fact - I'll let him know the buzz. I'll try to get him to come visit this forum.
3vcos
Ya, Id really love to buy a couple vcos and a vcf...

[quote="carbon111"]George [b]will[/b] be offering singles. The main website is about to have a major overhaul...

I'll be talking to George this weekend as a matter of fact - I'll let him know the buzz. I'll try to get him to come visit this forum.[/quote]
mmm
Carbon111 wrestled me to the ground this afternoon and threatened to hit me with his new CD if I didn't visit this thread. help

I didn't realize that he started a discussion here.

The short answers:

Yes, I'm selling individual modules,
Yes, my prices have gone up,
Yes, My current customer base can ring me up and get more modules.
Yes, my web site hasn't been re-opened and updated BECAUSE my current customers are ringing me up and ordering new modules.
Yes, I have an order that came in for a 192 module custom-designed mega monster that's utilizing a lot of my waking moments.
Yes, I seem to keep developing new modules.

No, I'm not sleeping much. eek! Coffee Addiction FTW

I wrote an apology to the potential customers on my forum and I'll repeat it here. I'll re-open my web site and get updated pix and prices up as soon as I can take a breath again. Many have resorted to just emailing me directly through the site. I never realized I'd be this busy. I may even have to drag carbon111 down here and force him to use a soldering iron. smile

Thank you all for keeping me busy.

I can answer questions here as well. I think the system will alert me to activity on this thread.

George
carbon111
Thanks for popping in George, I know how busy you are. we're not worthy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular  
Page 1 of 1