MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY Noob Stockpiling Question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author DIY Noob Stockpiling Question
calaveras
gasboss775 wrote:
calaveras wrote:
you could also just go to tayda.com and get like 100 or so of every value of resistor and ceramic and electrolytic capacitor in multiples of 10 ,22 and 47

There was a time when resistors were only available in those values back in the vacuum tube days, also their tolerance was an abysmal +/-20%

Maybe I'm a little ole fashioned. I consider those the standard values and everything else oddball.
gasboss775
calaveras wrote:
gasboss775 wrote:
calaveras wrote:
you could also just go to tayda.com and get like 100 or so of every value of resistor and ceramic and electrolytic capacitor in multiples of 10 ,22 and 47

There was a time when resistors were only available in those values back in the vacuum tube days, also their tolerance was an abysmal +/-20%

Maybe I'm a little ole fashioned. I consider those the standard values and everything else oddball.

Yeah, I must admit that I probably use 10K, 100K, 1M & 4K7, 47K, 470K, more often than other values. I think the pattern 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, etc would make more sense, then again with 20% resistors the difference between say 47K and 50K would be irrelevant.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3