MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC601 – 8 BAND VC FIXED FILTERBANK
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author ADDAC601 – 8 BAND VC FIXED FILTERBANK
ndkent
As I understand it, a lot of the art is in choosing the bands and their width.

I do find it a bit much to do Envelope followers and VCAs per band. For a vocoder it would be Env followers for the encoders and VCAs for the decoders. I guess one could do 4 bands of each within the unit but that's really limited and the bands would have gaps. Better would be to buy 2 and do all VCAs on one and all Envelope followers on the other.

But then the next question is one should be able to mod or better yet have a provision to change the bands for 16 different bands over 2 units. So that would be 4 units for a 16 band vocoder
nrdvrgr
Bump! Ready yet? Demos?
combat_silence
Yes, are these available for purchase now? Anyone have one that they can do a quick video, so we can hear how it sounds?
__ag
Hello!

yes they are being sold already,
just sold the last unit of the 1st batch...

sorry for not having posted a video yet, but have been buried with work!

good news is that a new website is coming up very very soon now, which besides being more organized, it will have more info on all modules, including the filterbank... hopefully it will be launched this week!

for those of you curious about the frequencies chosen, this is the standard all spectrum set:
50 Hz / 110Hz / 220Hz / 500Hz / 1.1kHz / 2.2kHz / 5.2kHz / 11 kHz

custom frequencies can be requested!

all the very best
andre
ws9848
looking forward to the new website. I only have 2 of your modules so far but I really like them a lot!
__ag
Hello all,

here's a video for the filterbank!
more coming in the next days!

all the very best
andre
rdonker
Wow, awesome! Can't believe I'm just running into this stuff. Sweet!
mystico
I love this thing, thank you Andre you da man we're not worthy
timcoster
Wow - this looks so good! I'm keen to get this to replace what my Moog MuRF does, but in a less linear / more chaotic way.

I hope more are available soon!
Veqtor
Question: Can your route back the env follower outs and that way create a kind of 8 band compressor?

(With other modules of course)
timcoster
Does anyone have any more demo's of this?
mystico
not really a demo but this might give u a feel

timcoster
Cool thanks Mystico, that's great - Far out, those "kill switches" are amazing!

Are you putting everything through it? Nice how it's so "mixable" ... 8_)
lionelfischer
what does everyone think of the frequencies offered on this module for each band?

andre has said you can request custom frequencies

what would you choose, and why ?
lionelfischer
are the first and last filter bands SHELVES ? how does it all work exactly...
Reptil
lionelfischer wrote:
what does everyone think of the frequencies offered on this module for each band?

andre has said you can request custom frequencies

what would you choose, and why ?

that's a very good question.
harmonic relations are important, hmm maybe an "air" band and sub as well..
the quality seems to be quite good, so it's possible to use this in a mixdown as well.
ianross
sorry if I missed this in this thread or another, but what are the fixed frequencies for the eight bands as it will come off the shelf?
Reptil
ADDAC601 Analog Filterbank
Band distribution:
50 Hz / 110Hz / 220Hz / 500Hz / 1.1kHz / 2.2kHz / 5.2kHz / 11 kHz

here's some more:
Buchla 296e Spectral processor
<100, 150, 250, 350, 500, 630, 800, 1K, 1,3K, 1,6K, 2K, 2,6K, 3,5K, 5K, 8K, >10K

Serge Resonant Equaliser
29 Hz, 61 Hz, 115 Hz, 218 Hz, 411 Hz, 777 Hz, 1,5 KHz, 2,8 KHz, 5,2 KHz, 11 KHz

Doepfer a-129 Vocoder
100 Hz, 120 Hz, 160 Hz, 230 Hz, 330 Hz, 500 Hz, 750 Hz, 1,1 KHz, 1,3 KHz, 1,6 KHz, 2,3 KHz, 3,3 KHz, 5 KHz, 7,5 KHz, 10 KHz
NS4W
Would anyone who got it care to do a demo of CVing the bands? curious about this module, but as usual with eurorack, there is a lack of demoes.
lionelfischer
i might be able to help.
NS4W
lionelfischer wrote:
i might be able to help. describe your dream demo. what sounds go through it. maybe upload the audio or i can just do whatever

I'd love to hear a sequence of notes fed into the filterbank while all bands are CVed with LFOs. If possible one example with fast speeds and one with slow LFOs.

The same thing only with a constant tone would be great too.

Thanks! This is fun!
lionelfischer
zombie
NS4W
lionelfischer wrote:

I'll try and do this for you soon, it will be fun. let me know if what i wrote above is about right to you

allright - please do! thumbs up
lionelfischer

for this video there is a direct line from synth going into camera line input jack
Hi5
Rasta-nana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 2 of 6