MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Introducing VS3 of ADDAC001 Voltage Controlled Computer!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Introducing VS3 of ADDAC001 Voltage Controlled Computer!
__ag
accurate timing is most of all a programming issue, like you might know there's ways to keep digital clocks very accurate, this could easily be implemented

but what would you consider a high clock rate in terms of milliseconds?
stk
I personally can't imagine using rates faster than several tens of millis, I had just heard of people having trouble with the Arduino not "keeping up" under heavy load.. But then I have not reviewed their code, so..

Anyways great work, I've been waiting a while for someone to finally tackle a project such as this thumbs up
asterisk
i tried a V.1 of the ADDAC brain module and as i said before, the arduino could only really handle about 4 channels of CV output of fast data generated in max/msp at a time before it started to glitch and stutter quite a bit.
unless the processor of the arduino is vastly improved, i dont see how you could get all 8 channels plus inputs and gates and everything happening using fast data rates from the computer. ive talked with andre about this and i feel like this module is maybe a bit impeded by the speed of the arduino processor.
thats why i was saying, id be interested to see / hear demos of V.2 to see if any of this stuff has been resolved or things work more smoothly.
__ag
Hello Greg,
I still think you were making some mistakes while using the vs1, I tried debugging them with you but you never sent me the max patches or code so that I could advise you on a proper implementation
This is not a a standalone module, there's a learning curve to it, and there's good and bad ways to do things in such a system....
This is also not a simple bridge between the computer and the modular, this is a module that can be a lot of modules you might have or want, through code you can definitely replicate some module behaviors or create your own algorithms ...
Anyway I am very aware of the speed issue, but like I've been stating here this won't be good for ex. super fast lfos, but like you can see in my last oscilloscope videos, they can still go pretty fast, no glitches or whatsoever.
Best
Andre
bkbirge
This looks like a very cool module. With the cv input expansion would it be possible to make a nonlinear cv to cv mapping? I'm thinking to tune metasonix stuff to follow 1v/oct reliably but it could also be used as a scale table for microtuning.
bj_gzp
bkbirge wrote:
This looks like a very cool module. With the cv input expansion would it be possible to make a nonlinear cv to cv mapping? I'm thinking to tune metasonix stuff to follow 1v/oct reliably but it could also be used as a scale table for microtuning.

This is one of the main reasons i got my brain for: Custom Midi/CV and CV/CV conversions. Not for the metasonix, but for BBD's.

A full Math's clone may be ambitious, but logic processing and burst generators, should be easy for a developer.

I'm working on a preset management system for the envelopes.
So that i can recall a specific envelope setting from max and still be able to modulate any of its parameters in realtime by Midi/CV.
I'll always use a manual or CV in for the sustain level if it's pitch related, cause the 7 bit midi resolution is not precise enough.

Once i have this working, i'll make the max patch and ADDAC code available on my website.

Cheers,
Björn
jjr
hey guys
I'm really interested in using the ADDAC001/VCC with max msp. Some of the details of how this works is a little above my head but I'm trying to understand.

Say - I wanted to send a cycle object in MAX to the VCC and have it control a analoug VCO . DO I have to add special objects into my patch for the VCC and the cycle object to communicate?

Do I have to add special augments or features to the Cycle object to get it to map properly over 5 volts?

Does all data coming out of max into the VCC have to be in the 0 - 1 range?

any information on this process would be most helpful and appreciated.
best
jjr
vqlk
so if i bought this and the cv in expander, i could have input cv's into max and then send some of them back out after processing?

that seems insanely powerful, but i'm definitely not feeling the love for this module.

why?
vqlk
and without that connection, a can still run operations on the cv's in, like the radcore but 4 times as many ins/outs and in greater resolution??
vqlk
will someone tall about this some more cos i can't find a manual... is it crazy to [with the cv adapter] use this instead of buying a few envelope generators, maths, etc..
space really...
DonKartofflo
not at all, been thinking about the same thing lately!
ws9848
does anyone have any videos of the VCC in use? I only found a couple of the ADDAC demos. also, the user guide wasn't working on the website. is there one out there somewhere?
Phetus
Does anyone know where I can get the usersguide pdf? The link on the website doesn't work.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2