MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

120 min of Buchla 200
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author 120 min of Buchla 200
GeneralBigBag
With many thanks to UVic for letting me use their Buchla.
These are unedited, I'm in the process of cutting them down, sampling them etc, etc, but I figured that Muff's Wigglers would appreciate the unedited sessions

Patch 1. (~42 min)
https://download.yousendit.com/Y2o4WGJPK3h3NUx2Wmc9PQ
Patch 2. (~83 min)
https://download.yousendit.com/Y2o4WGJFQXBRWUx2Wmc9PQ

They're up for the next 2 weeks, according to yousendit...
parasitk
Awesome, thank you. Downloading now.
cebec
Thanks!
rezzn8r
oooooo love
Kent
Downloading. Thanks for the upload of this. I'm getting a chubby just watching the progress bar!
glau
Thanks so much. Muchisimas gracias.
parasitk
Okay this is awesome. Would love to know more about the session.
cebec
Found this with a quick Google... see Studio 3. Lots of 200 shots throughout their site, though.

http://finearts.uvic.ca/music/studios/

Yeah, I'd love to hear more about your experience there!

And this article:

http://www2.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/sports/news/monitor/ story.html?id=f65564bf-03fd-4cb8-a231-fd55c420ff60
parasitk
Cool, thanks for those.

Loving the sound of this thing. If the 200e sounded this thick I'd be drooling over one too. Fortunately for me that's not the case... Mr. Green
consumed
"The person who sent you this file has exceeded their download limit"

noooooooooooooooooooo

can some kind soul please put it back up on yousendit for me pretty plz? =D
sandyb
consumed wrote:
"The person who sent you this file has exceeded their download limit"

noooooooooooooooooooo

can some kind soul please put it back up on yousendit for me pretty plz? =D

+1
consumed
sendspace.com might be a better option these days.
GeneralBigBag
I'll put them up this weekend.
cebec
some great material and moments, especially in part 2. thanks for sharing!
GeneralBigBag
Ok
Pt1.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/imxo7m
GeneralBigBag
Pt2.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2nrwg0
Muff Wiggler
you can upload `em here for permanant hosting if you want

if the intergrated forum upload tool is puking feel free to PM and I`ll give you FTP access
GeneralBigBag
Is that ok Muff? It's >120 meg total...
consumed
thank you general!
Muff Wiggler
members here have no limit on the size or amount of storage hyper

(sweet huh?)

I only ask that this is not abused and that people don't use it for sharing stolen software, uploading ISO's of movies, etc. If you are uploading music, videos, files or documents that are at least SLIGHTLY on-topic for this forum, feel free to use as much as you need.

If people abuse it, I will have to revisit this policy, which I hope not to. So far so good and I don't really worry with this bunch, so go for it!

In other words, yep, it's totally OK. 10x the size would still be OK.

(however you may find the integrated upload tool is really slow with such large files, you may want to PM me for the FTP info, hopefully you are slightly familiar with FTP already)
dougcl
Just listened to session3 in its entirety. Great job and thanks for posting. Really nice sounds and overall feeling.
GeneralBigBag
Glad it was enjoyed, I should post up about the patch in the 2nd part, it was quite a cool routing that I hadn't thought of before...but first, I make dinner!
dougcl
I wish I had an idea of where those sounds come from. It sounds like you are tinkering with something, but whatever it is, my system lacks it. It sounds like a lot of morphing on some wave shaping, and some pretty low frequency audio. Maybe there is a particular filter character, or maybe it's the oscillators. But it's crisp and really varied. Not sure what the extent of your patching is, and how much is in the nature of the Buchla.
GeneralBigBag
Ok - so the system is 2 of the much-lusted-after 259s, which are just solid nice, a 4x AR thing, 4x LPG, 2x BPF, SoU, CV Mixer, Ring Mod, Mixer, 3x Signal processor (gets envelope + trigger info), and the spectral processor, which is like some sort of graphic eq + vocoder, b/c you can get envelope out from each frequency band, and you have control over the level of each frequency band

Basically what I wound up doing was to patch one of the VCOs into the vocoder, scramble the signal a bit by patching envelope outs to different level ins, and then I took one of the individual band outs from the vocoder, and put it into the signal processor to get a gate, which triggered the AR envelope, which opened the LPG that was acting as a gate for the whole system. Depending on the spectrum of the sound going through, the signal processor got a different signal to process, and you get this patch where the timbre of the oscillator controlled the behaviour of the whole system. Once I started putting feedbacks in by controlling the timbre of the oscillator based on the band envelopes from the vocoder...
I gotta go back and explore this some more

(edit)
There was also a ring mod involved in there somewhere...
(edit)

nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners Bananallama! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
dougcl
Thanks for this. I just spent about two hours trying to re create these sounds (before reading this post) and I found similar things starting to happen using the miniwave to get a variety of waveforms, use that to AM some FM'd VCO's. Ran that through the VCEQ-3 and pinched the bands down. Came to the conclusion that I need to break away from the sine/square/tri/saw existence and start looking at wave manipulation and do more of this kind of patching.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2