MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Post your live modular performances here (Audio and Video)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author Post your live modular performances here (Audio and Video)
anthonybisset
Hero Wigglers and Anti-Heros,

Post Audio and Video of your live shows in this thread.

If you can be bothered give some details about your show:
- where was this
- who was on the bill
- what gear was used
- how long did you play
- number of performers (if it's not obvious)
- was a headphone cue mix used?
- was it patched live, pre-patched then improvised, or wiggled?
- things you liked about the set
- things you would change

Keep the posted media to officially sanctioned venues / events. Feel free to post exemplary live modular performances that are not your own.

Let's see/feel some live sets.
Babaluma

Terrible audio and video, but this was our all live analogue set live at Apakabar (a tiny reggae bar in Yokohama), for their 10th anniversary party. This video is nice, because it shows how we went from slow & dubby to banging techno, and got to see the punters go from pretty much ignoring us talking and drinking, to full on dancing and screaming. It was a good gig!

It was a while ago, so can't remember who else was on the bill. Me and Hataken were Y.A.A. and our friend DY was playing a live digital theremin. Loads of gear, Frac modular, Mono/Poly, 606, Revolution, Eventide effects, not sure what else. Think our set was about 30 minutes. Yes, headphone cue mix. Rehearsed a little before hand, pre-patched the modular, but was basically on the fly improv.
Low-Gain

Photovore09 VS Low-Gain

Live improv performance. We had practiced once before this.
I was on modular, photovore09 was on drum machines.
Just me
This was me in November during one of the Outer Bounds of Sound shows.
Video sucks, but it was lit only by that string of Xmas lights above me.
This was Modular and Monotron through a Leslie.

I've got another show scheduled for the next OBS in June.
jbartee

Super edited version of an hour+ live improv using a device of my own design that allows C64 binary logic to be patched into euro. Took place april 16th at the Granoff Arts Center in Providence, RI and was funded in part by the Brown University Creative Arts Council. paper kettle (Bricks) played games on the c64, influencing the data streams used to patch the modular.
theglyph
For the first show I played with the modular (MonoRocket Lexington) it was lying on the stage which to say the least wasn't very fun.

For the second show I played with it upright on a stand and things went much smoother in terms of performance. I also didn't have to clean up all the stale beer from myself and my modular this time around! zombie

jbartee
Just me wrote:
This was Modular and Monotron through a Leslie.

Sounds outrageously good man. Really digging it.
anthonybisset
theglyph wrote:
For the first show I played with the modular (MonoRocket Lexington) it was lying on the stage which to say the least wasn't very fun.

Laying next to your modular or?

For awhile I was doing shows laying underneath a 10 panel modded-serge suspended on two a-frame's about 3 feet my body. The audience could see me on the floor like a worker at an autobody shop and cables hanging down towards my face. It was quite relaxing with my head on a pillow. I did some long gigs this way. At one show I got a bit excited and kicked my feet out knocking some heavy stage props leaning against the wall onto the top of the modular, nearly burying myself alive under the modular and hundred+ pounds of falling boards. I just laughed maniacally and kept going. Some people at the venue moved pretty fast and saved me from being buried.

NEVER STOP PLAYING (unless you're bleeding out)
The audience loved it.
Orbless
Here is an Orbless performance form January
performing at the Smell in LA
5U modular and tape 20 minute set
also that night was Terrors, Sean Mccann, and Joseph Hammer
The video was made for the piece by Kelly Lynn Jones

And here is a recording from a performance a couple weeks ago in Oakland of my three piece called Gaze.
I am using my modular, and then there is also Korg Poly 800, ROland Juno 106 and drum machine. 30 minute set

[s]http://soundcloud.com/collin-mckelvey/gaze-live-4-30-2011[/s]
theglyph
anthonybisset wrote:
theglyph wrote:

Laying next to your modular or?

For awhile I was doing shows laying underneath a 10 panel modded-serge suspended on two a-frame's about 3 feet my body. The audience could see me on the floor like a worker at an autobody shop and cables hanging down towards my face. It was quite relaxing with my head on a pillow. I did some long gigs this way. At one show I got a bit excited and kicked my feet out knocking some heavy stage props leaning against the wall onto the top of the modular, nearly burying myself alive under the modular and hundred+ pounds of falling boards. I just laughed maniacally and kept going. Some people at the venue moved pretty fast and saved me from being buried.

NEVER STOP PLAYING (unless you're bleeding out)
The audience loved it.

WOW! That would scare me like crazy. DEATH BY MODULAR!
Dead Banana

Yeah, I was just laying on the stage next to it with no carpet underneath. It was still a great time and I believe the first time the majority of the people in the audience had seen a modular!

Unfortunately I have to say that the second performance was the last I'll be doing with the Lexington. It's just too big for these types of shows. For now it will be a MoogerFooger setup until I get a smaller DIY setup running.
fluxmonkey
solo fluxmonkey
mateo
This is my last live set:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/mateo-murphy/live-at-boxxx-2-march-19th[/s]

9U of eurorack + schlagzwerg, x0xb0x and SH101. Mostly prepatched, but otherwise improvised.

I'm happy with the way it turned out, but I also realised that I was missing a couple of things, mostly another oscillator and sequencer. I've since updated my setup and will be doing another couple of shows this coming week, I'll post the results here afterwards![/s]
megaohm
Can one of the mod gods move creatorlars videos from the Banana is King thread to this one. It's so good. It shouldn't be missed.
Thanks!
Luka
cant merge posts as far as im aware
best lars reposts
Orbless

Here is a short video clip of an Orbless performance from November 2011.
It starts off with tape and then I am triggering a Roland Juno 106 and my 5U modular with an Alesis MMT-8 midi sequencer. Running midi in to the Juno and Midi trough into my Q104, which is triggering the oscillators and also pinging the filters.
This was part of release show for an artist book that I was involved with.
15 artists that work visually and sonically, there is a book which includes text and visual from each artist and an accompanying cassette compilation. I also made the cassettes.
Here is a link to the project with more info.

http://www.littlepaperplanes.com/product/2742-lpp-exhibit-series-volum e-i-sights--sounds

You can see my pages in the book, second image form the bottom on the left, the text and reel to reel image.
kgstettner
two old ones (2009) but kinda nice - was in the euro days - mind you , I still have the setup and it's waiting for my companion to get the finger out of his Taped Shut so we can start over with this again...
End 2008 approached me with something like you know we have a gig in 2 weeks ? I was like "you kiddin me - theres no material" - but the perspective to get some girls dancing in front of us was certainly appealing ....
since I am a no-go on the keyboard I took care of the knobs and programmed a few sequences and he took care of the rest.
Some of the initial gear:
Machinedrum, a Kenton modified 606, my old euro modular rig (mainly analogue solutions stuff and a bit doepfer) driven my a kenton Pro2000, sherman filterbank and a brand new genoqus octopus.
Keyboards were Polysix and JX 8P, another 606 on occasion and a few other thingies.

These vids are from the second gig, we never actually made it to get any good audio (mainly because I worked as a pro soundengineer at that time... d'oh! )

11ish
This was at an exhibition in Cologne, Germany. Pics here.

73 minutes. My setup was more or less pre-patched, but playing was improvised. Not too many people attended, but the exhibition and the whole event was quite nice. Each time I play a gig, I strictly do something different, so this is definitely not what it will be like when I play next.

booger
Low-Gain wrote:

Photovore09 VS Low-Gain

Live improv performance. We had practiced once before this.
I was on modular, photovore09 was on drum machines.

Great set! I like the electro vibe.

Actually, I like this whole thread. It's great to see the gear in action. w00t
fonik
great stuff here. i don't think i could keep up with you guys, however, i will upload a live improvisation with my all DIY setup from two years ago (i do not record my stuff usually).
main modules of this patch:
Klee2 Sequencer
Baby10 Sequencer
Divider
Jim Patchell Vocal Filter
Quantizer
Digital Delay
several VCOs

[s]http://soundcloud.com/fonitronik/fonitronik-diy-modular-synth[/s]
D/A A/D
SO rocking this!!!
anthonybisset
By popular demand - a repost of Creatorlars live set from another thread:

creatorlars wrote:
I perform live with my all DIY banana modular when I get the chance. In this video everything is coming from the modular except some DX7. Drums are Thomas Henry circuits and cloned 808 circuits. Sequencer is Midibox SEQ4 (also DIY). Nothin' really happens for a couple minutes.

Here's another one, with a couple bandmates on Korg Polysix & Moog Rogue accompanying.

Dunno if this is appropriate for this thread, so move it if need be. smile
pixelmechanic

This performance is from Dialogues, Edinburgh, January 29th 2010.

Graphic score by Jules Rawlinson (me). Performed by Owen Green, Lauren Hayes, Jules Rawlinson (me) and Sean Williams (sean_process) using modular/analogue synthesis, and MaxMSP.

Hmmm, not quite sure what I've got in my cases at this point. In the case on my left I'm using mostly Asys stuff (inc. Trap gen), and Bananalogue VCS.

In my main case, I've got a mixed bag, VM-1, Maths, QMMG, Choices, SQ8

Sean is using his mainly Doepfer rig here, plus AFG and Plan B M13 and M9

Played for about an hour and ten in total. Some stuff prepatched for my piece, otherwise live patching. No headphones.

As a bonus... here's an improv...

Monosynth Orchestra at Grind Sight Open Eye at The Bowery in Edinburgh on 18th March 2009 featuring Lauren Hayes, Jules Rawlinson and Sean Williams.

Sean is using his ASys rig here, 3 RS95 oscillators, 2 RS110 filter, 2 RS180 vca, 2 RS60 adsr plus RS40 Noise. His sequencer is the ASys TH48 (he's got 2)

I'm using my VM-1 for the sequenced percussive stuff, plus BD88, Doepfer digital noise gen and prolly Plan B M10 and M13.

Lauren is playing her Jen SX1000

Played for about 50mins. Live patching. No headphones.

Sean is rocking his ASys rig and MS10, Lauren's got her Jen and Steim Cracklebox, and as ever I'm playing whatever's currently in my mongrel modular, with emphasis on Livewire AFG and MakeNoise QMMG here.

Played for about 45mins. Live patching. No headphones.
D/A A/D
These are all from the 2010 D/A A/D winter tour:

Shot in Brantford:

Shot by main man muff on his wee cell phone in Ottawa:

Shot by our good friend Chinard:

Bacchus
Here's a recording of a improv set I did recently in the basement of a small gallery in Helsinki. It's all live-patched (from scratch) on my little 6U of Euro. Turnout was good and people were really into the set, so mission accomplished w00t

[s]http://soundcloud.com/bacchus/lapin-live-invisible-forces[/s]

Edit: Nice to see the Monosynth Orchestra up here! (Jules - this is the other Julian you knew in Edinburgh a couple of years back...)
nrdvrgr
MZ. 412 live in London earlier this year. Got a small case with SoS, PB, A-198, theremin and VCA´s... and a few other noisemakers:

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 1 of 15