MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new toy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author new toy
Chuck E. Jesus
http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1916

should be arriving tomorrow...i've been digging deep into my Emulator X2 sampling app, and it's time to gather source material... 8)
Muff Wiggler
ooh super sweet! i've been looking at field recorders for a while, really want one

i know you'll have fun with that! 8)
Chuck E. Jesus
since i brought up sampling: a cool function the Emu X2 has is Synth Swipe...it will automatically play midi notes (user selected) and record/edit/assign the collected samples from whatever synth you want...cool way to get poly going...and i gotta say, the filters on X2 are exceptional, they have the Z plane concept from the older Emu hardware samplers, but with user programming...really the nicest digital filters i've heard...

and i swear i'm going to get back into the modular stuff...i needed to spend some quality time with my apps so when i start recording, i actually know what i'm doing smile plus i'm looking forward to Synth Swiping the Doepfer 8)
Muff Wiggler
I got my eye on this baby, and am hoping Sony doesn't stupid it up with DRM nonsense.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2007/10/11/aes-a-season-of-mobile-record ers-a-sweet-new-sony-says-mobilista-brad/

5inusoid
Sweet! I love my H4. It sounds really good. I've been using weird hardware for years to sample sounds on the go, from minicasettes, a radio shack PZM mic to a Roland MS-1 on batteries (kinda bulky) to minidisc recorders. I have to say the H4 is leagues above the others in sounds quality.
Chuck E. Jesus
Muff Wiggler wrote:
I got my eye on this baby, and am hoping Sony doesn't stupid it up with DRM nonsense.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2007/10/11/aes-a-season-of-mobile-record ers-a-sweet-new-sony-says-mobilista-brad/

that looks pretty good...i can't even afford the H2, but after reading a few in depth bits about it, i can believe the Sony is a big step up, and i've always thought Sony makes good stuff (4G of flash ram? sweet!) ...that being said, i think the Zoom H2 is ok for me as the recording quality and features are good for the price...
Chuck E. Jesus
5inusoid wrote:
a radio shack PZM mic ...

those things are great....i have a modded one for phantom power/balanced and two of the rat shack regulars...if you put them back to back you get a good stereo sound...
Tone Def
My new toy:

Muff Wiggler
awesome!!!!! can't wait to hear it
Tone Def
Muff Wiggler wrote:
awesome!!!!! can't wait to hear it

You asked for it... about 7.5 minutes of noise from it...

http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadSong.cfm?ID=5881948&key=7AD2CBD 2-6
tiny333
wow there is a little fella in there !!

god knows what he's been drinking!!

grin
Tone Def
Yeah, he just keeps babbling and babbling.
consumed
i have always wanted a field recorder but never bought one! a shame too, since im heavily into sampling and found sound. thanks for mentioning this.

any other field recorder recommendations would be welcome!
Chuck E. Jesus
i got it the other day, it's very easy to operate and sounds good...supposed to be a big storm tonight, gonna try and capture some thunder, etc...

EDIT: storm missed us, but i banged on some stuff in the back yard, and was able to get a preset on Emu X2 in a few minutes...the H2 is going to work out great grin
Muff Wiggler
hehe Tone Def that is pretty damn cool indeed wink how hard is that flame synth to work with? it has a really interesting looking interface
Muff Wiggler
i really like the higher pitched vocal sounds from that thing, some really trippy stuff
Tone Def
Muff Wiggler wrote:
hehe Tone Def that is pretty damn cool indeed wink how hard is that flame synth to work with? it has a really interesting looking interface

It is very quirky ... and trying to get the same sound twice is not easy with the joysticks. However, it is easy to understand what all the functions, knobs, and switches do within an hour or so. That said, I have found uses for it in songs already. It is not for the keyboard playing type that's for sure.
Muff Wiggler
that thing sounds - and looks - really really cool! thanks a ton for the demo, that was really fun and has definately piqued my interest in this little beast..
Tone Def
No problem on the demo... I'm going to pick up a Metasonix TM-7 next (Finally)... it should sound ridiculous through that.... lol
Muff Wiggler
yes, indeed it should!
Muff Wiggler
i still keep thinking i gotta get a good field recorder....
Tone Def
I think about that at times too muff, but ultimately, I think I'd get bored with it.
zerosum
Tone Def wrote:
I think about that at times too muff, but ultimately, I think I'd get bored with it.

Can't say I can understand how thats possible since every day is different with new things to record.

Quote:
i still keep thinking i gotta get a good field recorder....

With as much as you travel I think that would be really interesting and well...entertaining lol

I have this crappy Olympus digital recorder I'm borrowing to record lectures,
and even though it records at the crappiest worst possible compression rate ever(32kbs WMA with no other options) It has had its uses.

I have some odd conversations I plan on chopping up and using in those "artistic audio painting things I call songs" lol
Tone Def
zerosum wrote:
Tone Def wrote:

Can't say I can understand how thats possible since every day is different with new things to record.

Well, at first it might seem cool to go out and record stuff...but I'd get bored with it. Just because you'd can't understand, doesn't mean it cannot be true for me. People are into different things.
Chuck E. Jesus
Tone Def wrote:
zerosum wrote:
Tone Def wrote:

Well, at first it might seem cool to go out and record stuff...but I'd get bored with it. Just because you'd can't understand, doesn't mean it cannot be true for me. People are into different things.

i have the Zoom H2, and i look at it like a tool: every job might not require it, you might not use it every day...but when a job requires it's use, it's sure good to have one in the bucket...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2