This Is Awesome! I just jammed out for 5 Hours today!

Live patching, designs, and techniques that push the performance envelope.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, anthonybisset

JRock
InterGalactic Barbarian

This Is Awesome! I just jammed out for 5 Hours today!

Post by JRock » Mon May 30, 2011 8:20 pm

Lo and behold! I had my modular out on the back of my Pick up and jammed for like 5 hours today and finally recorded it. I check in on this site and BAM! You have a section open just for me :yay: Awesome!! :party:

There's about an hour and 20 minutes. It's mostly chronological but there's some gaps between sets. I need to go through it and pick the best stuff, but It's pretty cool 8_) There're a few conversations here and there. The spike at the end of the Hi Rez one is the exchange about the fireworks;) I'll pick through it eventually but until then.... Here you go :party: :party: 8_)

http://soundcloud.com/jrock1-1/sets/mdmtj

PS: Thanks a Million For SoundCloud Embed! :tu: :tu: :tu:

Here's a little of the 6/3/2011 Tailgate Noise Party :tu:
http://soundcloud.com/jrock1-1/tailg

These are from 6/18/11 - Easy Saturday Tailgatin'. By Far the most listenable stuff:

Far Away and Dangerous (The Neptunes' Escape) Short and Awesome
http://soundcloud.com/jrock1-1/f-a-a-d

BadAss Tailgaitin' :party: this one's BadAss. Another short one. Managed to get some improv in here:
http://soundcloud.com/jrock1-1/badass

Easy TailGatin' Saturday :party: The Bar was packed when I hammered this one out. Everyone was out on the Deck. I fade it out after 10 cause It doesn't seem to go anywhere. If y[/s]ou wanna hear more just ask :hihi:
http://soundcloud.com/jrock1-1/tgj-easy
Last edited by JRock on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 8 times in total.

fac
wig MUffler

Post by fac » Mon May 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Dude, is that an infinity-shaped sequencer in your avatar? That looks so fucking cool (too bad your head is in the way :mrgreen: )

electronicpresskit
Common Wiggler

Re: This Is Awesome! I just jammed out for 5 Hours today!

Post by electronicpresskit » Mon May 30, 2011 9:55 pm

JRock wrote:Lo and behold! I had my modular out on the back of my Pick up and jammed for like 5 hours today and finally recorded it.
nice! did you have a mains line for power or some kind of portable power system? anthonybisset and I have talked for a while about using some car batteries to run our rigs but we haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

JRock
InterGalactic Barbarian

Post by JRock » Mon May 30, 2011 10:30 pm

Nice of you to notice fac. Why yes it is :tu: It's a 32x1 channel or a 16x2 channel sequencer from MFOS. When it's running as 16x2 the LEDs run opposite from one another ;) I attached a clear (as in my big head is out of the way) photo of it.

I still haven't been able to get Soundcloud to upload my Tunes. I guess I'll have to go to the library 2MW and use their connection

I just ran a cord out of my apartment door. I live right in the center of town and Park my truck right in front of door. Luckily my neighbors are awesome and I don't exactly look like a crumbly little cookie... If you know what I'm sayin' :viking:

Should be doable to run it off a car battery though. Just get a plug adapter for the lighter hole...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JRock on Mon May 30, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bwhittington
Terrifying Brain Secret

Post by bwhittington » Mon May 30, 2011 11:20 pm

Can't wait to hear it. Were you annoying the drunks again?

Cheers,
Brian

JRock
InterGalactic Barbarian

Post by JRock » Mon May 30, 2011 11:38 pm

I was! :lol: And will continue to do so Frequently! Actually, some hot drunk girls came up and asked me about my rig :yay: So I showed'em... and they said We mean the big silver thing with buttons and patch cords! :hmm:

bwhittington
Terrifying Brain Secret

Post by bwhittington » Mon May 30, 2011 11:43 pm

JRock wrote:I was! :lol: And will continue to do so Frequently! Actually, some hot drunk girls came up and asked me about my rig :yay: So I showed'em... and they said We mean the big silver thing with buttons and patch cords! :hmm:
All renegade public performers/nuisances should have a live mic handy to record any reaction from the passers-by.

Cheers,
Brian

JRock
InterGalactic Barbarian

Post by JRock » Mon May 30, 2011 11:50 pm

I got almost 2 hours of recordings... I'll have to cull through them. This one lady was asking me something about some fireworks that got set off around here last night. :despair:

chinard
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by chinard » Tue May 31, 2011 12:00 am

JRock wrote:This one lady was asking me something about some fireworks that got set off around here last night. :despair:
i hate it when that happens

JRock
InterGalactic Barbarian

Post by JRock » Tue May 31, 2011 5:31 pm

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :party:

There was a couple and their friend and the guy was amazed and was asking me about building my synth.... but the lady kept asking me if I found it on the side of the road somewhere :lol: "So you found this?" "No, I built it from scratch" "I can't believe You found this on the side of the road... That's amazing!" :doh:

maskull
Common Wiggler

Post by maskull » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Where at in PA do you live? LMK next time you're out in your pickup jamming and I'll drive up and bring some brews.

JRock
InterGalactic Barbarian

Post by JRock » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Mid Eastern. Bucks County :tu: Sounds fun :guinness:

This Friday Night! They do a first Friday every month and this town blows up.
Where you at?

jimmyambulance
Ultra Wiggler

Post by jimmyambulance » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:32 pm

love the layout of those seqs - inifiniti symbol?

JRock
InterGalactic Barbarian

Post by JRock » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:52 am

Just put in another 3 hours tonight! :tu: Not really music, but noise :hihi: I used the square wave from one LFO to trigger my sequencer and FM'd it with the sine form another LFO to make it speed up and slow down.

I had my sequencer in 2 Channel mode so the two channel's LEDs run opposite from each other. It was Awesome! This Jam is called the Slot Machine From Hell! The LEDs wiggle back and forth and then sort of stop randomly and it just HOWLs! Maybe the One Armed Bandit From Hell! I wish I had it on Camera cause it was a sight to behold

You can hear a ton of people come up and say What are you doing? And then me trying to explain to someone who just looks at me like I'm from OuterSpace :lol:

I'll get some uploaded soon :bacon:

tobias
lovesbacon

Post by tobias » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:29 pm

nice long jam! I liked when the peeps would come up and talk to you! Great stuff! :guinness: :bacon: :guinness: :guinness: :bacon: :guinness: :bacon: :guinness: :bacon: :guinness:

tobias
lovesbacon

Post by tobias » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:30 pm

...nothing says love like beer and bacon!

JRock
InterGalactic Barbarian

Post by JRock » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:20 pm

<3 :bacon:

polyroy
Ambient Wiggler

Post by polyroy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:43 pm

Nice jam man, I love how your just doing this out in the open!
I don't exactly look like a crumbly little cookie... If you know what I'm sayin'
Yeah your avatar scares the shit out of me, if I were the general public i'd leave you to it :lol:
WTB: Plan B modules

JRock
InterGalactic Barbarian

Post by JRock » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:13 am

Thanks Bud :tu:
I'll see if I can get some photos or some film to post up. That slot machine From Hell bit was awesome. Still need to post the last jam :bananaguitar:

JRock
InterGalactic Barbarian

Post by JRock » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:36 pm

Got some of the June 3 Tailgate Noise Party uploaded. Pretty cool. You can hear some people talking in the background and stuff. Hope you like.

*Posted Up top*

JRock
InterGalactic Barbarian

Post by JRock » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:15 pm

got 5 hours in today. I brought out the DR - 550. Actually wrote 2 songs on my tailgate. I got them recorded. There pretty awesome! I'm very pleased with myself :mrgreen:

I'll get'em uploaded tomorrow or soon. :tu:

Popski
The Cake is a Pie

Post by Popski » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:27 pm

cool man!
Tailgate modular party rules!

It never ceases to amaze me (and the wife) how long I can sit there listening to / recording an endless jam on one sequence. Seems like 5 minutes but when I finally hit stop I've got an hour and a half track..

JRock
InterGalactic Barbarian

Post by JRock » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:45 pm

Thanks Popski. Me too. I can put stuff on while I'm DIY'in and listen to a long set. It feels right to listen to electronic noise while I'm building stuff to make electronic noise with. I feel like the future ;)

These 2 are real songs this time. Changes!

I actually wrote songs while I was jamming out there today, instead of just fucking around. It was good, cause I wanted to write, but I didn't want to be inside. DR - 550 and MBCV to the rescue

:party:

Finally figgerin' out how to utilize this stuff

JRock
InterGalactic Barbarian

Post by JRock » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Just Put some of Yesterday's Jam up top! There's some BadAss Stuff in there! :party: :party: :party: :party: :bananaguitar:

Return to “Play Out! Performance Modulars”