MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Where do you keep your patch cables when wiggling Live?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author Where do you keep your patch cables when wiggling Live?

r1n9o

Curious where everyone puts their spare patch cables when performing live, say out of a skiff or suitcase. I suppose one could to attach some sort of

Wangdoodle:
http://www.ctrl-mod.com/product-p/pomona-cable-holder.htm

or Hornswoggler:
http://www.ctrl-mod.com/product-p/koma-kabelhanger.htm

or Vermicious Knid:
http://www.ctrl-mod.com/ADDAC-System-ZigZag-Cable-Holder-p/addac-zigza g-cable-hanger.htm

My latest idea would be a sombrero with slits cut all around the brim. Perhaps somehow combined with a lazy-susan.

But I was wondering if anyone had any other creative ideas or solutions...
hmmm.....

Ginko

I totally fail at solving this, what makes it worse is half my patch cables are the glow in the dark ones, so they all look the same but have different lengths which I have to pick out of a tangled pile Dead Banana

ersatzplanet

mine reside in a briefcase or suitcase on the floor. In a bundle. Basically in a mess. I can tell the lengths by the color and cable ends.

DonaldCrunk

longer ones go around the neck for true wiggler fashion statement, the rest go in either a mil surplus ammo can or some other bag next to me. i try to start out with a big patch though, so the majority of them are used

moogboy

I use the lid to a Foundation 3 or some other case thing. Sometimes I leave a few just lying across the faceplates. The lid to the Foundation works best when I'm playing on the floor.

thundermouse

I put my case on a keyboard stand live, I'll throw some cables on the ends of it or over the lid of the case (Lid just opens, not removable).

Summa

I use the lid on my 7U, sort them by length, but yeah in general I have a big patch going and only add when I feel the need to..

revoltcrews

i clamped a cable hanger to a mic stand, so'z i can adjust the height and placement,. looks kinda sweet too, and keeps it off me and organized as much as possible.

raisinbag

I just got a KOMA cable holder, I have never had anything like that before. It is so simple, but so totally useful

sd88me

same. pretty sweet sacrifice for 2hp!

Carl Hungus

Holy shit that Koma cable holder is awesome. Love the mic stand idea as well thumbs up

HowMuchYaBench

Useful thread!

eole

I simply put my cables on the table, right beside the modular.

painlessparker

Summa wrote:

I use the lid on my 7U, sort them by length, but yeah in general I have a big patch going and only add when I feel the need to..

Nice, is the case on the right something commercially available or is it a DIY adaptation?

jenz

Good old mic stand... thumbs up

Kytopia

I've tried many things from XL afro combs to coathangers & micstands. by the end of the set I usually have half of em dangling from my hair, rest of em all.over.the place.

unau

I store them in the lid of my box, or hooks for clothes)

woodbank

finally got round to ordering a large .com cable holder. hopeless having cables dangling everywhere and bending in the middle is not good

maruwan

I didn't do shows yet but when playing for some friends: longer cables go around my neck, shorter ones are just all over the place..

i usually start with a pretty patched up system so lots of cables are plugged in on the source but not the destination.

one thing i wish i did was getting more colors of cables ...

CKresse

I transport mine in an old vinyl DJ crate I bought at Guitar Center, it also holds my Korg Kaoss Pads, Behringer mixer and other audio cables.They usually sell for between $20 and $40.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1