MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Ekdahl Quad Massager
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Ekdahl Quad Massager
zapp550
Anybody have experience with these in a modular environment? Seems like it could be a really fun piece of equipment.
zapp550
Is there really nobody on muffwiggler that owns an ekdahl quad massager.. if that's the case i'll have to assume they're a figment of my imagination.

http://www.knasmusic.com/products/quadmassager/quadmassager.php
visible cow
I'm also curious if anyone here has one of these. You're the first person to mention it here I think.
Cat-A-Tonic
zapp550 wrote:
Is there really nobody on muffwiggler that owns an ekdahl quad massager.. if that's the case i'll have to assume they're a figment of my imagination.

Oh. hihi I thought you were talking about vibrators.
I was confused by the quad,
but figured you might be a polygamist searching to satisfy all of your loved ones simultaneously.
zapp550
Maybe that's why nobody responded meh Changed the subject title, maybe that'll help.
visible cow
I really think it's possible that nobody on this forum has one. One of us (not me, I'm broke) should be a pioneer and buy it.
zapp550
I have a feeling i'll have to be that pioneer when I get some cash. Worst case scenario i'll have a pretty fun quadraphonic setup for my guitar This is fun!
pulse_divider
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
zapp550 wrote:

Oh. hihi I thought you were talking about vibrators.
I was confused by the quad,
but figured you might be a polygamist searching to satisfy all of your loved ones simultaneously.

Just found this during a search for the Ekdahl QM and am wondering if Cat-A-Tonic may have unintentionally named their latest product, as they now have a Polygamist synth.
Gringo Starr
Gonna resurrect this thread!

Anyone here have one?

This piece of gear has my attention. Looks great!
thresholdpeople
Has anyone since gotten this, used it, loved it, hated it?

At the very least, it seems like a great utility module, and there's a lot more potential for great uses from there on out.
chrisryan15
I've only ever heard good things about ekdahl, so I've got to believe that it does what its supposed fairly well. But yeah, never have seen one or touched one! Someone around here has to have tried one!
chrisryan15
I've only ever heard good things about ekdahl, so I've got to believe that it does what its supposed fairly well. But yeah, never have seen one or touched one! Someone around here has to have tried one!
zapp550
pulse divider has or had one a few months ago, came up as a possible trade and almost asked him to bring it out knobcon. Maybe he'll chime in with his thoughts.
duluthdack
I always truly wanted one of these to create a unique atmosphere live! It has it's own built in LFO and CV control over it! It could get really funky! Also, the combi out would be perfect for a monitor or sub. I really want one.
thresholdpeople
Yeah, I'm curious what the VCAs are like, if they're DC coupled, etc. Seems like a very useful device.
soon_come
Resurrecting this, since there are about a million threads on the Moisturizer and almost none on the Quad Massager.

This thing rules. I was initially using it as my main live mixer before I needed (wanted) more channels. Karl builds creative stuff that really feels solid and can mangle sound. The QM is basically 4 VCAs, DC coupled, which can be faded betweeen. The cool thing is that unlike almost every other joystick out there, this one works really well for audio. Each quadrant keeps its sound source at constant volume... in other words, moving away from the center toward a corner won’t quiet that corner or make it any louder. This is probably not what you want for FM (???) but for audio mixing it’s much better than the typical situation... for example, with the Planar when you go toward the center all four sources get quieter since it’s mixing with equal power (I think).

The QM also gives you two LFOs, same frequency (one shared control) but out of phase by 90°... this means with both of them on, you can auto-fade in a “circle.” So if you stick four oscillators in it and modulate via both the sine and cosine waves, you’ve effectively made an analog wave table, which smoothly fades between the four sources like a quadraphonic crossfader. These two LFOs can also be exported (and CV over the four VCAs can be had via inputs).

Plus, it looks like a spaceship control.
lud
Never seen this before, looks awesome!
odditymedium
soon_come, i sent you a pm...
odditymedium
Hello, I recently got a Quad Massager form Perfect Circuit

I played a gig with it in the States and all was well.

When I got to Europe, I could'nt find a converter anywhere... not to mention I couldn't find anyone making new/old power supplies that output 12VAC / 3A anywhere...

Can anyone help me? I got a quad gig coming up soon...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1