MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blacet I/O. Best interface module...ever!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Blacet I/O. Best interface module...ever!
Adam-V
Finally got around to finishing off the last of my frac Rast cabinets so I was able to plug my new I/O module in and give it a test run the other night. It has to be the best interfacing module on the planet. I lost a couple of hours running bass guitar though it for processing within the modular. It handled the bass very nicely - bringing it up to modular compatible levels cleanly even though I had no compression or limiting beforehand. Even when I pushed the gain to the point of distortion it wasn't ultra harsh or nasty.

I would recommend this module to anybody wanting to bring external signals into their modular. Might even have to get me a second one.

That's all - just wanted to share the I/O love!

Cheers,
Adam-V
scozbor
its pretty damn good! I have been thinking about getting the new paia one also. would be interesting to test it out next to the blacet.
fluxmonkey
th blacet I/O gate out -> wogglebug clock in. it's taken over my life.
Mood Organ
I/O Module - RULES. You can't have too many. I have 2 and I could definitely use another.
diophantine
Sorry for the necro-bump...

There's been a few threads speaking positively of the Blacet I/O. However, most of them don't address any specifics.

Do people generally use this with external sources (eg. guitars/synths/cd players, expression pedals, etc.)? It seems that most of the praise and documentation falls in that direction. Or do people also use frequently use it with internal modular signals, and how useful is it?

Since I have no real use for processing external signals, I've never really given it much thought, but after taking a second look I wonder if it would be good for general lag purposes, gate delays, and producing random/unusual CVs & gates.

Also, are the two inputs multed or summed? With a mono minijack to 1/4" adapter, could the two inputs act as a unity mixer?
Adam-V
I've only ever used it for interfacing external gear but there's no reason you couldn't push other modular signals through it just for the envelope following function.

It can also work as a pedal controller too I believe.

Cheers,
Adam-V
fracmonkey
Not a mixer. Mult maybe with the right dip switch settings. Input circuit quite interesting to study!
Tubeampguy
I use the IO2225 for effects pedal O/P signal boost, DSC2000, LPFA, Noise level boost, Drum machine, Lap steel, Guitar. I really like the trigger & gate smile One of my most used modules thumbs up
CopperHydra
diophantine wrote:
I wonder if it would be good for general lag purposes, gate delays, and producing random/unusual CVs & gates.

Yes it is. It's a really useful module. Feed it the audio output of a drum patch/module and you get an extra output (assuming you've already multiplied the signal before the B I/O), you get two envelopes WITH ATTENUATORS, a gate and a trigger timed to those beats for use with shaping of the melodic/harmonic/noise elements of your music/sound.

Feed it some melodic content from the VCA or whatever final module of a voice and you have the same set of tools you can use in a different way. Now you can easily layer two voices together. You can use ENV 2's lag to create delay like effects in the 2nd voice. For example you can have the filter/signal processor of Voice2 open up a little bit later.

I really wish the lag knob had it's own CV input!!!
diophantine
CopperHydra wrote:
diophantine wrote:
I wonder if it would be good for general lag purposes, gate delays, and producing random/unusual CVs & gates.

Yes it is. It's a really useful module. Feed it the audio output of a drum patch/module and you get an extra output (assuming you've already multiplied the signal before the B I/O), you get two envelopes WITH ATTENUATORS, a gate and a trigger timed to those beats for use with shaping of the melodic/harmonic/noise elements of your music/sound.

Feed it some melodic content from the VCA or whatever final module of a voice and you have the same set of tools you can use in a different way. Now you can easily layer two voices together. You can use ENV 2's lag to create delay like effects in the 2nd voice. For example you can have the filter/signal processor of Voice2 open up a little bit later.

I really wish the lag knob had it's own CV input!!!

Nice! Thanks for this explanation... makes the I/O module seem rather interesting to me now!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1