MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PlagueBearer R4
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author PlagueBearer R4
Umcorps
http://www.stromkult.com/?p=1641

I've seen the PB described as lots of things, but I think thats the first time I've seen it compared to a Sherman Filterbank.
theabsent
Ordered! lol
Umcorps
Great. That means you can be first up with a demo video. w00t
reppiks
i don't see any info anywhere on the R4 being ready or available yet? the schneiders link from that article is for the current version...

hope i'm wrong and that R4 will be available imminently
MikeHulme
Nice. I've been waiting for PB's to come back in stock at Post Modular. Hopefully the next shipment will be V4's! I've emailed PM to ask.
krunkleKick
I have also been waiting patiently for anyone in the EU to get them in! I'm sure they were in stock pretty much until I decided I wanted one lol
MikeHulme
krunkleKick wrote:
I have also been waiting patiently for anyone in the EU to get them in! I'm sure they were in stock pretty much until I decided I wanted one lol


Yeah, same thing happened with me! Let's hope the next wave over the EU is a 'plague' of V4's.
zvukoprocessor
I was on a fence for a week to buy or not to buy the old version from e-bay, good that i didn't, looking forward for the new version.
artisokka
PB R4 is now on my shopping list.

My Sherman FB 2 is now for sale. hihi
HeWhoWantsJeans
Umcorps wrote:

I've seen the PB described as lots of things, but I think thats the first time I've seen it compared to a Sherman Filterbank.

lol

I love my damn 'Bearers, but I would never compare it to a Filterbank. Whoever cast that stone was cray-cray.

Sidenote: I'd be curious to see how R4 is mounted - if it's parallel and if the limiter is worth it, I'm wondering if I could squeeze it behind my PB2E panel. Regardless, I refuse to let go of my bloody 'Bearers.
MikeHulme
Any official word from Flight on this yet? ETA?
Control
I have one a version two and two of version three. Looks like I need to get at least one of these if not two.
Control
Anyone know when they will be available in the states?
artisokka
Control wrote:
Anyone know when they will be available in
Europe? hihi
Lama
artisokka wrote:
Control wrote:
Anyone know when they will be available in
Europe? hihi


I have ordered a big bunch of these to escapefromnoise.com and hope to get them as soon as they are done.

Don´t know when to expect them, but pretty soon I hope.
flight
It's true, the Plague Bearer r4 is in production right now and will be available in about a month. PCBs are on their way and the assembly shop is ready, so they should be ready to ship to the dealers in about 3 weeks.

The r4 panel:


Changes:
  • Fixed the jack layout, with multiples for each I/O.
  • Input attenuator switch (so you no longer need to use an external VCA to prevent overdriving the input).
  • Output limited to ±5V(±0.2V) with a "soft knee" before fully clipping. For those that prefer the rather hot output potential of the older versions, the limiting can be disabled via a jumper on the PCB.
  • Parallel (or "sandwich") construction to reduce the depth to 1.1875" / 30mm mounting depth including the power cable.
  • List price of US$95.00.


Two other products are in production and should be available at the same time as the PBr4, both are case/PSU related:

1-6-13: PSU distribution board (drawing attached).
Upgrade from the standard Doepfer A-100 bus: 13 shrouded 16-pin headers, only 10.2" long. Features:
  • Complementary over-current and reverse-voltage protection: Left and right half independently protected with Polyfuses (±12V @ 0.75A, +5V @ 0.5A). PSU connectors are unprotected so downstream boards are unaffected
  • Three sets of indicator LEDs to indicate status of: left side, right side, PSU input.
  • Dual PSU Input connectors, mounted in the middle of the board for proper "star" distribution scheme.
  • Central header configured to accept 5x5 plug-in adapter module (see next).
  • List price of US$55.00.


5x5 plug-in module: A +5V plug-in module, similar in concept to the Doepfer A100 AD5 but greatly improved:

  • Supplies up to 500mA from the +12V rail.
  • Pass-through design so the header it is placed on can still be used for a module.
  • Narrow enough to fit between any set of headers, anywhere on the standard Doepfer-spaced boards.
  • List price of US$35.00.


So you can see why I've been so quiet lately. smile
target_destroyed
This is great news. I've been eyeballing one of these since I first started thinking about building a modular but was sad to see them temporarily go away. Definitely going to pick up the new r4. It's peanut butter jelly time!
Rhythm Active Australia
Sensational!
Cat-A-Tonic
flight wrote:
1-6-13: PSU distribution board (drawing attached).
Upgrade from the standard Doepfer A-100 bus: 13 shrouded 16-pin headers, only 10.2" long. Features:
  • Complementary over-current and reverse-voltage protection: Left and right half independently protected with Polyfuses (±12V @ 0.75A, +5V @ 0.5A). PSU connectors are unprotected so downstream boards are unaffected
  • Three sets of indicator LEDs to indicate status of: left side, right side, PSU input.
  • Dual PSU Input connectors, mounted in the middle of the board for proper "star" distribution scheme.
  • Central header configured to accept 5x5 plug-in adapter module (see next).
  • List price of US$55.00.


This deserves its own thread and pics.
It is about damn time Euro had some proper power distribution.
flight
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:

This deserves its own thread and pics.
It is about damn time Euro had some proper power distribution.
Thanks! I'll try to get to this as soon as possible. I'm gonna get some sleep first though.
Cybananna
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
computer controlled
hihi
reignbear
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
flight wrote:
1-6-13: PSU distribution board (drawing attached).
Upgrade from the standard Doepfer A-100 bus: 13 shrouded 16-pin headers, only 10.2" long. Features:
  • Complementary over-current and reverse-voltage protection: Left and right half independently protected with Polyfuses (±12V @ 0.75A, +5V @ 0.5A). PSU connectors are unprotected so downstream boards are unaffected
  • Three sets of indicator LEDs to indicate status of: left side, right side, PSU input.
  • Dual PSU Input connectors, mounted in the middle of the board for proper "star" distribution scheme.
  • Central header configured to accept 5x5 plug-in adapter module (see next).
  • List price of US$55.00.


This deserves its own thread and pics.
It is about damn time Euro had some proper power distribution.

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
computer controlled
Video coming soon...
computer controlled
OK, here ya go. I have a prototype of the r4 here. I've been running my R-70 through it, so i thought i'd make a video. The Limiter i think really makes a difference.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group