MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Black Dice & Animal Collective visuals
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Black Dice & Animal Collective visuals
MrDys
Here's a nice 10 minutes explaining how Black Dice came up with the visuals for Animal Collective's Coachella set.
lizlarsen
Very cool, it's some very nice feedback collage work. I need to spend more time messing with processing things in multiple passes and using the computer/software more, and experimenting with that. Most everything I've done in the past couple years hasn't been touched after being captured.
johnnywoods
creatorlars wrote:
I need to spend more time messing with processing things in multiple passes and using the computer/software more, and experimenting with that. Most everything I've done in the past couple years hasn't been touched after being captured.

I've surprisingly fallen into the same trap. It's cool to see how they were sort of starting with the analog signal and processing digitally from there. I usually do the opposite.
Nice find thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
MrDys
The big takeaway for me was that if start with any ole DVD, and just process the living hell out of it, and layer it upon itself, you'll end up with some really nice effects.
floris
black dice talking about blue slimer makes me wonder again how the special effects were made on ghostbusters, anyone knows videos about that?
johnnywoods
floris wrote:
black dice talking about blue slimer makes me wonder again how the special effects were made on ghostbusters, anyone knows videos about that?

i saw a thing a long time ago... I think it was on the special edition DVD.

basically, the ghosts are puppets, shot against black. Then they just composited the ghost footage negative with the background plate negative without using a travelling matte. You can get the same effect digitally by shooting the same way, and combining the two images using a "screen" operator.
Bananalogue
if i had access to those lovely video cubes, i would sure prepare footage that was specially designed for them...
daverj
You just need somebody with deep pockets to buy a shitload of Barco LED panels and assemble them into any geometric or organic shape.
Bananalogue
daverj wrote:
You just need somebody with deep pockets

yes. yes i do. haha
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1