Case

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

markc
Learning to Wiggle

Case

Post by markc » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Does anyone no were I can get a 6u case cheaper than the doepfer a100 it seems very expensive

tragedybysyntax
Banned until Restitution Made

Post by tragedybysyntax » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Elby Designs!!! 6U subracks! I just got 2 in the mail friday... built them up and they are fucking incredible! I paid like 230 with shipping for the both! :)

Waz
Wiggling with Scurvy

Post by Waz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:59 am

tragedybysyntax wrote:Elby Designs!!! 6U subracks! I just got 2 in the mail friday... built them up and they are fucking incredible! I paid like 230 with shipping for the both! :)
What psu did you use?

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:25 pm

the big crazy jumbo doepfer one. Should fill my needs for the 12U of space I now have. Except for when I hop on to those metasonix modules... might have to add a 2nd small guy just for those.

Waz
Wiggling with Scurvy

Post by Waz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:50 pm

tragedybysyntax wrote:the big crazy jumbo doepfer one. Should fill my needs for the 12U of space I now have. Except for when I hop on to those metasonix modules... might have to add a 2nd small guy just for those.
http://www.analoguehaven.com/doepfer/a100psu2/ this one?

if so...itll power 2 x 6us?

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:27 pm

yeap, that's the one I have! It depends on your modules i suppose....alot of my modules are kinda big so... except for the harvestman modules, it's not sucking up too much juice as of yet. The metasonix ones are going to fuck me tho.

Waz
Wiggling with Scurvy

Post by Waz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:45 pm

tragedybysyntax wrote:yeap, that's the one I have! It depends on your modules i suppose....alot of my modules are kinda big so... except for the harvestman modules, it's not sucking up too much juice as of yet. The metasonix ones are going to fuck me tho.
Did you follow some sort of guide on how to hook everything up? My problem is; I want to go the DIY route for the Rack and PSU but I can't find info on it. I found a few posts where people used some random PSU not intended for audio. The walk through seemed a bit daunting and required a lot of know how . It seems using the Doepfer psu would be easier since its built and designed for modular synths. Maybe I'm wrong.

tragedybysyntax

Post by tragedybysyntax » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:20 pm

well... I can tellyou this. I got the Doepfer diy kit with the psu. FUCKING CRAP. buzzed and hummd like crazy and just... crap. Go with the big doepfer psu and I"ll take pics of how I wired mine up forya tonight. K? :)

wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wetterberg » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:46 pm

tragedybysyntax wrote:well... I can tellyou this. I got the Doepfer diy kit with the psu. FUCKING CRAP. buzzed and hummd like crazy and just... crap.
Not my experience at ALL :-? Very simple setup, no noise, easy hookup, and most importantly when starting out: No fiddling with mains voltage!

Suburban Bather
Miami Flesh

Post by Suburban Bather » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:53 pm

wetterberg wrote:
tragedybysyntax wrote:well... I can tellyou this. I got the Doepfer diy kit with the psu. FUCKING CRAP. buzzed and hummd like crazy and just... crap.
Not my experience at ALL :-? Very simple setup, no noise, easy hookup, and most importantly when starting out: No fiddling with mains voltage!
+1 I did not bother with the Jameco AC adapter though. Ordered a proper one from a model train hobby shop. I hope A.H. rectifies this issue on the next shipment of DIY kits.
Heavy Lids

Return to “Eurorack Modules”